Possible generation of heat from nuclear fusion in Earth’s inner core

• Nature journal article

Well, just another step toward geothermal theory of global warming. The Nature article even mentions "Nuclear fusion reactions without radioactivity" in this respect - is it finally a silent acceptance of cold fusion reality by Nature journal? Note that the cold fusion research at Utah university has started with Dr. Steven Jones research of elevated hellium-3 content around volcanoes and hydrothermal vents. Steven Jones coined the term "piezonuclear fusion" in analogy to the term "thermonuclear fusion," to indicate that the proposed approach is to induce fusion by "squeezing" the hydrogen nuclei together at near room temperatures rather than by heating them to very high temperatures. (The prefix "piezo-" comes from a Greek work meaning to squeeze or compress.)

In this connection Dr. Palmer suggested that rock, lava, or crystals in the Earth might help to catalyze the fusion reaction. This creative leap is recorded in Dr. Palmer's logbook, dated March 13, 1986 in some detail (copies available on request to BYU Physics Department).

• The article on the Nature website by Fukuhara is published in the journal Scientific Reports. Fukuhara cites S. Jones, as well as citing as an authority a Bush and Eagleton paper called "Cold Nuclear Fusion," suggesting that Fukuhara follows LENR developments. It's a little surprising this article made it into Scientific Reports, which is associated with Nature, but I'm also guessing that Scientific Reports is mostly separate from Nature, the journal.

• It is very interesting that Scientific Reports accepted to publish a so controversial paper.

Of course the critical point is how D-D->He fusion can be catalyzed by neutral pions. Fukuhara assumes that neutral pions are coming from 2 gammas "produced by emission of excited electrons derived from the [metal] atoms". His theory is not new and known by cold fusion researchers with articles published at the end of the 1990's and beginning of the 2000's. See for example his paper Neutral pion-catalyzed fusion in palladium lattice, Fus Sci Tech, 2003, freely available on researchgate, in which he tries to find an explanation for the formation of He in F&P type experiments.

The main criticism is that the creation of neutral pions would require an energy of 135MeV/c2, hardly a low energy reaction anymore. Therefore I doubt that the mainstream will change the conventional view that cold fusion is impossible. That said, the publication of this new article remains excellent news for the LENR community because it emphasises that the conditions that exist in the earth's inner core are similar to the conditions LENR researchers have in their labs (a lattice of metal with the presence of H or D at high pressure - even though not at GPa levels), and that in both cases a theory remains to be developed to explain the presence of He and the heat balance.

• This
    paper is very important, because it si the first "exotic
    physics" paper published in Nature for years. My friend the
    Geologist John Saul published a paper about comet collision
    initiation of subduction in the same journal in ... 1978. (or 1977,
    I did'nt remenber) It is the "Large Scar Theory". It
    explain the perfect circular shape of the "insular arcs"
    like Japan, Aleuts, Carribean, Marianna-Sonde, etc...

I
    joint a picture of a terrestrial globe, on which I traced the ring of
    the Kurils, Mariannas and Aleut arcs. At the intersection of two
    large scars, there is usually volanoes with neverending eruption. I
    wrote the name of Bennet island, and of the Siveluch, but I miss to
    wrote the famous Paektu sacred mountain at the intersection of the
    Marianna scar and the Kurils one. It is now sleeping, but not for a
    long time.

And
    I think that when a comet hit the earth, the magnetohydrodynamics
    interaction produce two "jets". (Like in collapsing stars
    or collapsing clouds of gas around young stars.) And if one of these
    "jets" is directed down, it could "inject" fresh
    material, including water, deep into the earth. (During the
    Jupiter/SHoemaker-Levy collision, the impacts were hidden by the edge
    of the planet, so we did'nt saw the "jet".) But the next
    time, I bet that we will see it. Probably on the Moon, because there
    is now permanent orbiting satellites around the Moon, and with their
    camera oriented one the dark side, we will satistically see a big
    impact in the next years. I don't know the lower size of the
    jet-producing bodies, but it could be relatively low.

Best
    Regards,

Fabrice
    David.

• The main criticism is that the creation of neutral pions would require an energy of 135MeV/c2, hardly a low energy reaction anymore.

Holmlid's experiments have verified that negative muons are produced in large numbers which implies the production of strange matter mesons that require energy levels just under a GeV to produce. This high capacity energy storage mechanisms have been experimentally shown to exist through the works of many observations in the work of many individuals in a wide range of LENR experiments. This energy storage is carried out in coherent quasiparticles with energies storage capacities in the many GeV range.

• Isn't the center of earth mostly nickel makes sense for lenr preasures Heat middle of a giant magnetic field just need to explain the hydrogen part and seems like a perfect storm for lenr

No, not "mostly nickel." Sources I looked at differ, some calling the solid inner core "iron," with a liquid nickel-iron alloy around it; other sources call the core "a nickel-iron alloy." The alloy percentage of nickel is bive as about 5.5%. So it's mostly iron, not nickel.

And there is no "gigantic magnetic field" there. I wonder where all these ideas come from?

• The truth is that we does'nt know of what is the core of the earth made of. Probably a lot of iron and nickel, but a lot of other elements. And it is the same thing for the inner core of the giant planets (Saturn radiate two time the energy coming from the sun, and Neptune probably more. It smell like LENR spirit.) and of course, the inner core of the sun. There is probably a lot of heavy elements at the center of our star. Did U really trust the theory of gentle collapsing of hydrogen clouds?

• Dear colleagues and friends,

I recently told you about the sacred mountain of the Koreans which is situated at the intersection of the "Large Scar" of the Sonde with that of the Kuriles. This volcano makes talk about him right now:

http://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/monde/paektu-le-super-volcan-nord-cor%C3%A9en-qui-super-inqui%C3%A8te-le-monde/ar-AAlIjJY?li=BBwlBpb&ocid=spartandhp

I wish you happy holidays,

Fabrice David

• European Space Agency's SWARM satellites discovered 'jet stream' in Earth's outer core - a fast-flowing river of liquid iron that is surging westwards under Alaska and Siberia. See also Scientists have discovered a jet stream in Earth’s core – and it’s speeding up. - it could point to connection of global warming period and magnetic poles instability. Similar jetstreams exist also beneath the surface of Sun

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.