Alan said he wanted a technical only thread, and looks like he has it.

• I've actually enjoyed this forum much more over the past few days. It's like being in crazy traffic with raging drivers and then entering your home to have a pleasant conversation with friends and family.

• If you wanted to liven things up a bit, then surely you could have thought of a more provocative first post than that.

At least try to doxx someone, or start a deliberately mocking poll or something. Perhaps opine on how long the current 'boycott' will be able to hold out.

Edit: Are you really a retired American Airlines Captain? That's cool if so. Better than a lowly boat captain any day.

• Official Post

MrSS,

I know you are still smarting after I rated BrLP over Rossi. Two "down votes" from you just today hurts! All because of Rossi!

But Rossi is a hard commodity to defend nowadays....don't you think? Even you have had to reach down deep to do so it seems.

Look, I know Mills sticks in your throat, but if you really look into him, I think there is a very strong argument that he has traveled a more righteous scientific path than Rossi.

Just give it some thought.

• Official Post

Edit: Are you really a retired American Airlines Captain? That's cool if so. Better than a lowly boat captain any day.

LOLs, of course I am. Unlike MY, I am what I say I am. As a USCG C-130 pilot I flew the Pacific. Tiny islands/atolls few have heard about. Did a stent as a USN Flight Instructor too. Left the military after hired by TWA. With TWA, I was based out of JFK, Frankfurt (love the Germans) flying the "corridor" to West Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Istanbul, then taught electronics/electrical in St Louis, and so much more. Then American acquired TWA. I was a Captain for 17 years.

• Official Post

Eric,

Pilots always are exposed! :) LOLs, C-130's generally fly at the lower altitudes < 30,000 ', where exposure to radiation is lesser. The earth's atmosphere shields so much that only a couple thousand feet makes a huge difference to the flight crews risks.

However, when there are solar flare-ups, the commercial and military pilots nowadays are given advisories to fly lower. In that case, a wide-body normally filed at say 37,000', will instead be filed at 28,000, or even 24,000'. Especially polar regions. The Captain may elect to fly higher for fuel consumption in that case, but few do.

• Official Post

The purpose of this place was not (as the thread-starter knows very well) to have a single technical thread, but to host discussions and comments in as many threads as it takes on the whole gamut of LENR theory, research, and experimentation. So any number is good. It was not however, intended to become home to and dominated by several dozen threads devoted solely to the life, times, insanity, senility, preferred brand of underwear and taste in food of Rossi - who it must not be forgotten is just one LENR promoter/experimenter and does not represent any kind of totality..

The Rossi case is not without interest, but the numerous lengthy posts on legal topics mostly demonstrating a strong bias to one side of a very tedious argument were tbh unbalancing the forum and have driven away some valued and scientifically knowledgable members. Since nobody here has any control over the outcome of this case, and no way of predicting what might happen when it comes to court, speculation by cocktail-bar attorneys is pretty much a futile waste of time. A couple of threads would be plenty, there might be just enough sensible comment to fill them. They still exist.

• Official Post

Alan,

The only scientist with a public face I know of who left LF was Dr. Storms. As I recall, his departure followed some tough "technical" questioning from Joshua Cude and TC. It had nothing to do with the gossip side of LF, or the overt focus on Rossi. Too bad he left too, as of all in the field he seems closest to overcoming the reliability issue. Now, I guess we have to wait for his next book to find out what else he has sorted out.

Same goes for me356...he left after being pestered about his technique. Not because of the Rossi talk. Other than those two, others pop in and out, as every forum experiences, but overall the site appears to have a very healthy population of scientists...both mainstream types here anonymously, and our garage varieties. Many of whom, like you, know much more than they will tell publicly, but let slip a tidbit or two, here and there.

I think you were bragging not long ago about the explosive growth of LF in just the past year. If you ask me, the Rossi story played a big role in that. Everyone who is anyone in the field is just as curious about he and IH, as are the rest of us non-players. And this is the only place where both sides are debated...although the consensus seems to have settled largely in favor of IH.

Like shoppers who see a pretty display in the store window, enter the store, but end up buying other things, new members show up here because of Rossi, and once inside also learn about the other side of LENR. So if they enter LF for Rossi in the front window, but leave with a better understanding of the depth of the field...it's strengths/weaknesses/challenges/history, learn of the others such as BE, BLP, GEC, Nichenergy etc. then the field is the better for it. And LF can take some credit for when this finally breaks out.

Sooo....when can we get those two guys back here? :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.