Enhanced D+D fusion in crystal channels

• Inside the cavities of negative curvature the repulsive forces should be weakened and attractive ones enhanced in analogy with Cassimir effect. The question is, how much this effect would be sufficient for overcomming of Coulomb barrier by itself. But the linear arrangement of multiple atom nuclei along channels would have its contributive effect too - I'm explaining it here, for example. So that as a whole the effect would be a composite effect of high positive curvature of linear chains of deuteron nuclei itself, both strongly negative curvature of their neighourhood. The generalized supergravity force would be responsible for both effects after then. It may be possible, that some of Holmlid experiments with stimulation of LENR with laser light may be a synergy of all known mechanisms of cold fusion: the orientation of atoms within narrow channels, their low-dimensional collisions and linear accelerator effect of laser beam itself. BTW On similar principle the Bose condensation of electrons and superconductivity of so-called ultraconductors may be also working.

I presume, you now can imagine the relevance of the above mechanism to both nuclear transmutations within clays and another minerals of Earth crust) and also pores and membranes of biological systems.

• A recent paper proposing that (in theory) the anti-Zeno effect could initiate fusion in solid.

(The "anti-Zeno effect" accelerates quantum wave function evolution via frequent measurements.)

"On a barrier anti-Zeno effect in a special model allowing for an analytical solution"

ABSTRACT: We consider a situation when observations can increase particle ow across a

barrier by many orders of magnitude compared with the tunneling probability (a barrier

anti-Zeno effect). It may be of interest for explaining the paradoxical results of experiments

on "cold fusion" that has earlier been observed by other authors for various systems.

We examine the anti-Zeno effect in a model of a barrier of a special shape, which

has similarities with the form of barriers to nuclear fusion in a solid, and moreover has

an analytic solution. We have deducted formulas that demonstrate the conditions of

increasing the barrier permeability.

Available from two sources --

Researchgate (see free full PDF text download link)

https://www.researchgate.net/p…or_an_analytical_solution

International Journal of Modern Physics B

http://www.worldscientific.com…17979217500692?src=recsys

• Zephir wrote -- "But who/what does observe/measure the quantum wave function during cold fusion?

The theorists are such a nuts..."

A very harsh opinion. Experimentalists claiming to observe it are usually called "nuts" also.

Exactly when or how a quantum measurement occurs is still debated in countless papers

- possibly one of the most contentious topics in physics.

• I have my sources... ;) Whole the last century of physics got fu*ked with theorists. You even not aware how much - the one century long ignorance of cold fusion is just a tip of iceberg.

BTW Does the "anti-Zeno effect" mean, that the cold fusion should stop, when none is watching? If not, what it does actually mean? Does it mean something?
    Without testable predictions theory is not theory.

Ssbsufgm.png

• ABSTRACT: We consider a situation when observations can increase particle ow across a

barrier by many orders of magnitude compared with the tunneling probability

@Lou: Most tunnel probabilities for nuclear reactions, including LENR, are less than 10-100. Otherwise our world would look quite different. Right before people develop a new theory, they should explain us, in which environment, under what condition such a lowering of the tunnel rate could help.

The tunnel probability is just one parameter in LENR. Look at Holmlids dense Deuterium, there we have a very low tunnel barrier, but how fast can ultra dense deuterium be built up? Will the production of excess energy destroy the reaction environment? Of course I don't want to sit in his experiments chamber...

• First, let me preface this by stating I am not 100% sure LENR is real.

If real, I surmise that it involves an effect that is very, very difficult to create and maintain.
    If not real, all theories are false.

Zephir wrote -- "Does the "anti-Zeno effect" mean, that the cold fusion should stop, when none is watching?"

No. When no one is watching, the environment still couples and "measures".
    Many papers propose that environmental coupling can induce Zeno/anti-Zeno effects, e.g.,

https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.07283

https://arxiv.org/abs/1702.00514 , and many more.

Wyttenbach wrote -- "Right before people develop a new theory, they should explain us, in which environment, under what condition such a lowering of the tunnel rate could help."

Several speculative approaches have been proposed, e.g. discrete breathers.
    If LENR is real any such system+environmental condition is extremely difficult to create and stabilize.
    If not, the theorists are simply doing math exercises.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.