Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• ** Warning : I AM NOT A LAWYER **

The recent responses are full of "demand strict proof thereof" and "the documents speak for themselves".

This Illinois blog says that those are not permitted responses, and that they may constitute an admission.

http://www.shawfishman.com/dem…f-an-unwitting-admission/

Fed.R.Civ.P. 8(b) provides that a party must answer a complaint by admitting, denying, or stating that it lacks sufficient information to form a reasonable belief about an allegation. Improper denials are deemed admissions. Judges have grown increasingly hostile towards attorneys that disregard Rule 8. ... the chief judge for the Northern District struck a significant portion of the answer because “demands for ‘strict proof’ are improper and meaningless…” Indeed, the concept of demanding proof in a pleading “is unknown to the federal practice or to any other system of modern pleading.”

... ‘this Court has been attempting to listen to [documents that speak for themselves] for years (in the forlorn hope that one will indeed give voice) – but until some such writing does break its silence, this Court will continue to require pleaders to employ one of the three alternatives that are permitted by Rule 8(b)…

• Based on this, it again appears that Rossi's entire case for why he should be paid 89 million will hinge on his ability to convince the court (judge or jury) that a Rental Agreement is also a Guaranteed Performance Test agreement. It just seems so absurd.

Except that everyone involved acted like it was the GPT. Course of business. These matter.

Except that everyone involved acted like it was the GPT. Course of business. These matter.

I'm curious about what behaviors on IH's part were not consistent with the rental of the E-Cat to Rossi and an effort to see if there was anything legitimate or profitable given their 11.5 million dollar investment? We have Rossi's email describing the proposed rental agreement, followed by the executed Tern Sheet. Nothing in that email or Term Sheet said anything about Guaranteed Performance. But it did explicitly state that this would provide IH the opportunity to show off the working E-Cat to potential investors and increase their confidence that the E-Cat worked, while generating income for IH.

Given the evidence I've seen so far, IH's behavior seems entirely consistent with Rossi's stated proposal. So again, I am sincerely interested in any evidence of behaviors on IH's part that are not consistent with the Rental Agreement proposal Rossi made vs. a GPT agreement. That would be very interesting and enlightening. Did you see anything in the documents, or do you have any knowledge about that?

We do know from the court documents that by Dec. 2015 IH made it clear to Rossi that they did not consider the Term Sheet to be the GPT. So the timing of any evidence you can point to where they did think it was the GPT would be especially interesting.

(Behaviors by Rossi and third party defendants don't count, in my mind, given the court evidence we now have)

• In exhibit 16, Rossi's email to IH people, where he talks about the upcoming rental of the plant:

In the incoming meeting we will have next week, please allow me to encourage you to take a

decision regarding where to put at work our 1 MW plant. I really and strongly hope you will

consider the solution I found, to rent it to JM,

3- allow us to start in September the operation of the plant, with no further loss of time

Your proposal to put the plant in a factory owned by yourself at least until recently is dramatically

less convincing.

Rossi talks about a "decision", a "solution", "no further loss of time", IH putting the plant in their own factory. In the context of the licence and the delayed GPT, it is to me obvious that he is talking about the GPT here. Not very explicit, I know. We need to see the rest of the communications between Rossi and IH. They might have been talking about where to do the GPT for many months. This could be Rossi finding a solution at last, and he is not mentioning the words GPT of that.

I also suspect that "the results could be positive or negative" was coined by APCO. We will see.

• Official Post

In the context of the licence and the delayed GPT, it is to me obvious that he is talking about the GPT here. Not very explicit, I know.

LC,

It's not obvious to me at all. :) The part you mention where Rossi urges IH to hurry up: "without further loss if time" refers to losing the (fake) customer, if IH does not make a decision soon. Has nothing to do with the GPT being delayed. A very typical sales gimmick...hurry up while time lasts. I fell for that once and now, 20 years later, I have a Time Share unit I never use, pay increasing maintenance on, and can not sell. Never again!

• Rossi talks about a "decision", a "solution", "no further loss of time", IH putting the plant in their own factory. In the context of the licence and the delayed GPT, it is to me obvious that he is talking about the GPT here. Not very explicit, I know. We need to see the rest of the communications between Rossi and IH. They might have been talking about where to do the GPT for many months. This could be Rossi finding a solution at last, and he is not mentioning the words GPT of that.

I also suspect that "the results could be positive or negative" was coined by APCO. We will see.

Are we looking at the same document (Exhibit 16)? It is not at all obvious to me that Rossi makes any reference to a GPT.

Actually this email makes it obvious to me that he is NOT talking about the GPT. He's talking about 'renting' the plant (intro, 1, 4, 6) and 'making money' (1, 2, 3, 7).

He also is asking permission to 'operate the plant' (intro paragraph, 1, 3, conclusion), saying that 'if you let me do this [operate the plant] I will make a masterpiece'.

This, to me, is pretty convincing evidence that he is NOT talking about a GPT.

But maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. From my perspective, good luck trying to use this email to convince a judge or jury that the Term Sheet Rental Agreement is a GPT agreement. Again, in my opinion, using just the evidence we have seen (posted on the Docket), that is a truly absurd position.

Of course there may be other documents we have not seen, but at this late date in discovery, it's hard to imagine why we haven't seen them. Also, if there are more documents that could be used against IH, IH would surely specify in their Request for Production that they wanted all communication by Rossi and Third Parties related to those documents, given that they could be damaging to IH's case, and they would want as much information as possible in advance so they could prepare their case. The fact that IH does not make any such requests regarding any documents other than the License Agreement and the Term Sheet is strong evidence, in my mind, that no such GPT agreement documents exist.

But again, if there is any evidence that supports the notion that IH thought this was a GPT, I'm sincerely interested in seeing it.

Exhibit 16 in full:

• LC,

It's not obvious to me at all. :) The part you mention where Rossi urges IH to hurry up: "without further loss if time" refers to losing the (fake) customer, if IH does not make a decision soon. Has nothing to do with the GPT being delayed. A very typical sales gimmick...hurry up while time lasts. I fell for that once and now, 20 years later, I have a Time Share unit I never use, pay increasing maintenance on, and can not sell. Never again!

I can understand that you might not agree with me regarding seeing GPT references. However I have to disagree with the "without further loss of time" referring to losing the customer. Rossi is saying that "This solution will [...] allow us to start in September the operation of the plant, with no further loss of time".

Note the use of "further". What is the loss of time that has already occured that Rossi is referencing to? IMO the GPT delay. If he's not talking about the GPT, he's talking about loss of opportunity cost of having a plant not running anywhere.

--------------------------------
    @sigmoidal
    It's ok if we disagree. I do agree that it's not explicit/clear that he is referencing the GPT, and that it might not convince anyone. However I think it might get clearer in the context of the months of communication Rossi and IH have had before that. And in the context of the licence agreement and the de

I agree that Rossi is talking about renting the plant. I believe he is talking about doing two things at the same time (GPT+customer). Points 1+2 talk about customer. Point 3 implicitly talks about the GPT (IMO).

I'd like to see IH's proposal to run the plant in their own factory. Where they gonna run the plant there just for kicks and giggles or to do the GPT? Note that the JM option is an alternative to that.
    ----------

Edit to add: why would IH agree to do a 2 year plant rental when the licence agreement hasn't been completely fulfilled? They're already months (years?) behind on doing the GPT and should have been diligently working on trying to find a place to run the GPT. GPT would have been on everyone's mind ever since it got delayed.

• Official Post

LC,

So what do you make of this spiel of Rossi's to IH:

"I really and strongly hope you will consider the solution I found, to rent it to JM, in its factory in Florida where they will use it to process their chemical products. Please think carefully before losing them. They are positive to us, but in September must start and they must know asap if they have to use our plant or provide otherwise".

Similar to what I heard 20 years ago: "I really and strongly hope you will consider this Time Share to buy in Orlando, Florida...close to Disney World and all the attractions, to vacation at a savings, for the rest of your life. We only have a few units left, and must know ASAP if you will buy this unit". And I went and bought the damn thing! :)

• I agree with you, Rossi is using a marketing technique here. Did the test even start in September in the end? I think not?

In your quote, Rossi uses the word "solution". Solution to what? The previous sentence answers that: "decision regarding where to put at work our 1 MW plant". Why do they need to make a decision where to run the 1MW plant? One option is to run it in IH's factory. Rossi is offering to run it with a "customer" instead. Why would they be running it in IH's factory in the first place?

• they will use it to process their chemical products.

And if they didn't process chemical products and Rossi knew they did not, then is sure sounds like fraud under FL laws - misrepresentation for gain.

Even if you think that the setup sounds like the GPT, he would still need something to show that it was agreed to and not just a dry run before
    a possible future accepted GPT.

I am surprised that IH hasn't asked for "any and all documents" from Rossi that pertain to the GPT.

I don't think Rossi has anything other than the original agreements, but it would be nice to require him to produce what he has.

• I don't think Rossi has anything other than the original agreements, but it would be nice to require him to produce what he has.

I believe your are correct. Rossi filed suit and used the terms sheet agreement as his basis for the 89 million dollars.

After that, he has provided NO other evidence in the docket documents! It is hard to believe, but NONE! IH filed a counter suit for fraud and provide documents.
    Rossi has not countered with ANY evidence. Basically not even denying anything, but only stating.. "you did not provide enough evidence to prove it" or "we do not have enough knowledge on the matter" or "the documents speak for themselves".

I have posted before, but I find this part most damning for his case. IH has alleged that JMP was not a real company, did not use the heat from the eCat and was setup to fraud them. A serious charge! This is a black and white issue! All Rossi had to do was give the judge a couple of documents showing the company was real and produced product. Such as some sales invoices and product shipment bill of ladings etc. Yet he provided nothing!

So he is stating above... "we must hurry because the customer needs to decide by Sept. whether to use the plant" etc. and now it is quite apparent that there was no customer. So, pushing a false time issue because of a false company for a false pretense of a GPT! I fail to see how anyone holds any faith at all in what Rossi states. After all, he states himself in his email that his deception to his own "partner" in Europe was a "masterpiece"! Boasting quite proudly of his deception! :huh:

I wanted to believe him for a long time.... it has now come to the point to where I put absolutely no trust at all in anything he says. ?(

• Official Post

LC,

First step when you have a problem is to admit you have a problem. So repeat after me: I am a Rossiaholic. Say that enough until you believe it, and you are almost there. Now that you have accepted that; the best way to overcome an addiction, is to find something else to be addicted to...albeit less harmful to your health and sanity. Heroin abuse patients have methadone for that, and thank goodness, we have Mills and Godes.

They may not give you the full Rossihigh, but it will be close enough to buy some time while the Rossi opioids slowly fade away. I wish you a speedy recovery.

• I wanted to believe him for a long time

Yes, I would love for LENR to be right but I do not believe Rossi at all. He reminds me of all the scam charity funds set up after a hurricane or earthquake - I am afraid he was just riding a wave of wishful thinking about something that holds great promise if only done right and found in IH benevolent people that wanted nothing more than to have it work.

• LC,

First step when you have a problem is to admit you have a problem. So repeat after me: I am a Rossiaholic. Say that enough until you believe it, and you are almost there. Now that you have accepted that; the best way to overcome an addiction, is to…

Brillouin is interesting. Rossi's been letting me down for a while. I must say the only substance I've put money on is MFMP which is more of an empathogen due to the open nature of it. There's some new designer drugs that come and go like "me356" but supply's been cut short.

Some people have gone through this dealer called Woodford to get a tiny dose of Rossi, but I'm not that desperate.

• Oldguy,

Yes, I would love for LENR to be right but I do not believe Rossi at all. He reminds me of all the scam charity funds set up after a hurricane or earthquake - I am afraid he was just riding a wave of wishful thinking about something that holds great promise if only done right and found in IH benevolent people that wanted nothing more than to have it work.

The Rossi Effect is indeed real. He has built devices that produce high powered nickel-hydrogen cold fusion. The problem is that many people cannot differentiate between the technology and the person. It took a unique individual to perform the tedious continual non-stop testing to optimize the nickel-hydrogen reaction; however, the attributes (positive and negative) of the individual didn't go away. We're left with both Andrea Rossi's steadfast drive to commercialize his technology, his fierce work ethic, his ingenuity, his drive to further educate himself, but also the aspects of his personality that can annoy many of us. Paranoia, jumpiness, moodiness, dishonesty, sneakyness: we're left with all this as well.

One reason I push so hard for parties to replicate is that once a "recipe" is derived and shared openly, the technology will be out of Rossi's and Industrial Heat's hands. Then we'll have hundreds of companies actively developing the technology and interested individuals can align themselves with whomever they desire.

I would also disagree in the assessment that IH is a group of benevolent people that only want these technologies to work. They are business people. Whatever their true goals and motivations are, they will do just about whatever it takes to make it happen -- just like the leaders of any other business. And the vast majority of businesses are far from saintly. Because money or the prospect of making money can often -- not always -- bring out the worst in people. So I suggest caution when it comes to Industrial Heat or any other company seeking to gain influence in the LENR community. The idea that IH is some monsterous company that secretly seeks to destroy LENR forever is stupid, but so is the idea that they are the saviors of LENR.

• LENR Calendar,

Brillouin is interesting. Rossi's been letting me down for a while. I must say the only substance I've put money on is MFMP which is more of an empathogen due to the open nature of it. There's some new designer drugs that come and go like "me356" but supply's been cut short.

Brillouin is a snore unless they have vastly improved versions of the technology they are secretly keeping hidden. Single digit watts of output with a low COP from a large device is not impressive and in no way worthy of a press release.

When it comes to Me356, what I find most interesting is how the power of the Rossi Effect scared him away. When he saw just how much power it could produce, he gave us a few speeches about how "dangerous' it could be and vanished. The good thing is that by reviewing his posts we can gain some understanding of what he felt was required to make the effect work. And comparing his clues to hints and information from many other sources the answer is clear: enhancing hydrogen absorption.

Nickel is darned hard to hydrogenate; even non-LENR literature explains this. Basically, if palladium were an automotive car sponge, nickel is sweet potato. Yes, you can get a sweet potato to absorb water but it is a lot more challenging. But if we can master hydrogenating the nickel (which at the same time can create the hydrogen bubbles/clusters we want) then we can produce ACTIVE fuel that is capable of extremely high output.

I'm hopeful that in the near future we will see what well prepared nickel fuel can achieve.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.