Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

Not for me to say how any of this arose, and I don't intend to poke my nose in by asking. Either way it makes no difference, if the sample was one of the fragments laying on the benchtop and came via Rossi's hand or was picked up by Levi and assumed to be the same material the reactor body was made from , the analysis itself is good and rather spoils any assertions of deliberate wrongdoing on the part of the Lugano team or any of its members . This 'large' mystery becomes an almost non-existent one. Anyway, I am unsure whether Durapot 810 band emissivity would be wildly different from that of pure Alumina. I am far from being a thermography expert, in fact very far away. Maybe THH can enlighten me? ***

Well I don't have a definitive answer but it would be easy to gain this by looking at a suitable casting with an Optris camera, and plotting actual temperature vs Optris temperature. or, the comparison could be got by looking at Durapot on top of alumina with a casting that covered only 50% of the alumina. The comparison in apparent temperature from optris could then be interpreted as band emissivity difference. The reason I expect a high B.E. is that insulators tend to have high emissivity...

Of course the total emissivity of Durapot is similarly uncertain (as far as I know?). I'd not expect it to be very different from alumina but certainly not rule this out.

THH

• Official Post

it gets posted that the Lugano reactor was made of "Durapox"

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=212#comment-1270076

Andrea Rossi
    February 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Anonymous:

In the test of Lugano the reactor had only the caps at the ends made by Durapox. The proper reactor’s cylinder was made by pure alumina. Tha material has been scratched from the surface from the Professors and analyzed, and resulted to be pure alumina.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• 200 millions grams x 25 w/gram - 5000 millions w

or 5 GW or- 0.005 TW really not significant.

200 million grams is how much palladium is mined in one year. However, you can use that palladium for 10 years, 20 years, or 100 years. So after 100 years you have 100 * 200 million = 20 billion grams.

200 million is the increase in supply per year. The palladium does not go away after 1 year. You do not use it up.

Also, as I pointed out in the other discussion, it is likely that we can mine far more than 200 million grams. Maybe two or three times as much. With space-based mining of a single asteroid, we could mine more palladium than has been mined in all of human history. Hundred of times more than we now have.

Furthermore, you can get 200 W/g, not 25 W/g.

See:

Palladium cold fusion as an energy source

• You have convincced me. Now all that is missing is to convice palladium too.

peter

• I've been asked to tone it down on the blogs for a little while so Rossi wins that skirmish but I'll leave you with this - find the Rossi SP posting from Feb 21 on JONP where, out of the blue, it gets posted that the Lugano reactor was made of "Durapox" and check the 1:59pm timestamp. The partial clip from my deposition (conveniently clipped in the exhibit) discussing Durapot 810 was at about the same time / date. R was sitting right there posting away, during my testimony, apparently desperate to influence the story. That has other implications as well regarding aliases and our attempts to figure out how we and others were tricked.

I'm just not seeing the significance of this theory. I would much rather know whether the flow meter really was installed to a downward sloped gravity return pipe with the pipe only partially full.

Unless someone can show me that 99% alumina and Durapot 810 will give significantly different results through the IR camera, then is this conversation not superfluous?

• Official Post

Can't help but wonder now after these new document dumps, if Dewey had another reason to publicly say here that IH will go forward *without* NiH on the agenda. They (documents) show IH was clearly up to their armpits in NiH -including their own small successes and a few big bangs!, and all of a sudden they are not interested...I do not buy it. The timing alone is just too coincidental.

Not trying to start another conspiracy...we have enough of that as is, especially now with the addition of the Zionist connection :) , but merely pointing out that the lawsuit may have influenced IH's decision only for the time being, and could change back after this suit is over.

So perhaps this talk of switching the focus of LENR to the possible commercial benefits of PdH, and deemphasizing NiH, based on Dewey's one comment, may be a bit premature.

• @Alan

From the recent release, I'd say both sides are quite good at misdirection. Darden will go to the ends of the earth, apparently, in attempts to influence the narrative. I think the Dewey/Darden worshipers here will now need to take a step back and reevaluate. I've suspected skullduggery for some time now (as you all are well aware).

• Official Post

From the recent release, I'd say both sides are quite good at misdirection

I would say that based on what I have read, IH was extremely generous to Rossi, and almost constantly factored in his paranoia into their decision making process. They went overboard to accommodate him, almost tippy toeing around him so as not to disturb him. They even had everything prearranged with some big companies at the ready to commercialize the Ecat...all they were waiting on was for Rossi to come through. And he did not keep his end of the deal.

Then, only after they figured out Rossi's ruse/scheme with Doral, the "GPT", and $89 million they then, as you say, started fighting back. I do not blame them for that, I blame Rossi.

• @Shane D.

I'm actually impressed by Darden's initial depth of understanding and perception of the situation, and it shows me he was sincere, at least initially. I think by February of 2016 he was panicking. He made an apparently miscalculated (and probably rushed) decision to bring in the Israelis in an attempt to underhandedly influence Levi, and possibly others. What I keep going to in my mind: why did Darden feel that it was necessary to go to such lengths if IH was as confident about their position as Dewey makes it seem. Why would Darden have to go to such lengths if there was nothing of interest here? There is something very fishy going on here, and we haven't seen the bottom of it yet.

I think all in all it points to there be something very important at the heart of this story: i.e., that the e-Cat probably works to some degree. Maybe not at 50 COP. But the IH folks have not pulled out all of the stops--for nothing.

• Peter Gluck ,

The portion of photo I used is of the Doral plant, while operating. Another photo submitted at the same time, in the same document, has the filthy water hoses at the 24 pump end. (Those hoses were clean in March).

I am unaware of any other photos of the Doral plant that show the supposed steam and water pipes to the Customer area. Note that these pipes are absent (even the hole for the lower pipe is not there/been made) in the Exhibit 26 photo of the warehouse.

• Can't help but wonder now after these new document dumps, if Dewey had another reason to publicly say here that IH will go forward *without* NiH on the agenda. They (documents) show IH was clearly up to their armpits in NiH -including their own small successes and a few big bangs!, and all of a sudden they are not interested...I do not buy it. The timing alone is just too coincidental.

Not trying to start another conspiracy...we have enough of that as is, especially now with the addition of the Zionist connection :) , but merely pointing out that the lawsuit may have influenced IH's decision only for the time being, and could change back after this suit is over.

So perhaps this talk of switching the focus of LENR to the possible commercial benefits of PdH, and deemphasizing NiH, based on Dewey's one comment, may be a bit premature.

I don't think we should make too much of any one email regardless what side it is from. Context is everything. For example, there were probably many emails before and after this one. However, I tend to feel the same way you do on this, but for another reason. I'm convinced NiH works and works well. This is my personal conclusion, and I understand other people have their own. Since NiH can be made to work well -- if you have gained the practical knowledge and know how after long periods of testing -- I can't help but agree that Rossi's lawsuit was a factor (perhaps not the only one) in this change of mindset. Regardless of the level of excess heat they may have or may not have been producing, I'm sure that any exaggerations or misrepresentations from Rossi really ticked them off. The lawsuit then took this to another level.

I think it is critical we learn to separate the E-Cat technology (as a whole) from all the drama around the Doral test and the resulting lawsuit.

• Peter Gluck ,

The portion of photo I used is of the Doral plant, while operating. Another photo submitted at the same time, in the same document, has the filthy water hoses at the 24 pump end. (Those hoses were clean in March).

I am unaware of any other photos of the Doral plant that show the supposed steam and water pipes to the Customer area. Note that these pipes are absent (even the hole for the lower pipe is not there/been made) in the Exhibit 26 photo of the warehouse.

Dear Para,

what I told you is elementary engineering, steam comes from the ECat is "cumulated" and then goes into that overdiscussed pipe.

We have to wait.

peter

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.