I've seen this repeated by more than one person on the forums. However, there is no chance for the forums to influence the trial for the following reasons:
1) There are only a few hundred at most that read the forums and jury selection is a random selection from the area of the court. (In Texas, the jury pool is chosen from a computer selected random list of driver's license holders.)
2) Out of those 60 or so candidates, the attorneys will then strike jurors they do not like.
3) Attorney for either side can strike for cause any juror that expresses a firm opinion about the case. They get unlimited strikes for this reason.
4) Out of the jury pool that is left. Each attorney can strike half of the left over excess jurors for any reason whatsoever.
5) IH attorneys will strike anyone who expresses an interest in LENR technology because they can not risk getting a person who wants to believe in the technology and they will argue this case as a simple contract dispute.
If IH or Rossi are paying people to post on the forums then they are wasting their money. It is much more likely that each side merely has people that fervently believe in their position.
Don't you think that if you were in Jury pool regarding a case.t that involved "LENR/Cold fushion" that you might just google it to find out what all the roar was about? I would, and I think a lot of others would also and they would probably end up here. Whether that would disqualify them from jury service is another question. I also think you grossly under estimate the number of people here on the forum (Alan, could you comment on this?), not to mention all the other internet sources for Cold Fusion.