Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• I am thinking that the condenser in IH Answer Exhibit 26 (Doral photos) is possibly the same as the box where four pipes almost go to in the Smith Supplement report, and the pipes are for air flow, pushed by the fans that Rossi claims to have modified(?).

Those four pipes were not installed at the end of the Doral test (see other photos in the Smith Supplement, like page 10).

• A parallel device to the Raspberry Pi, which was also mentioned in the same deposition, and in the same context. Rossi and Bass did mention high voltage circuits (and there is a nice and entertaining post by 'can' from deposition of an email conversation where Rossi is trying to get Bass to build him a tiny MegaVolt transformer, and Bass is objecting because of the seemingly impossible dielectric materials requirement (QuarkX)?

For those who haven't read the deposition in the last four pages of 201-47 (pp12-15), as I mentioned before 'can' did a nice job of posting these in another discussion here:

Some excerpts:

Date: 11/05/2015 7:49 AM (GMT-05:00)

To: Jim Bass

Subject: Fw: capitolato

Dear Jim [Bass],

I need help from you, urgently for a thing I need for the plant of JM ( not the plant of Leonardo).

I attach here a layout.

What I need is to make a transformer - system that takes the normal voltage and gives me 5 million Voits with 5 to 20 microA ( 5 to 20 Watts of power).

I need it to be as small as possible,

Can you do it?

DO NOT TALK WITH FULVIO OF THIS !!! JM'S PLANT IS NOT HIS TURF

You can call or visit me here when you want for explications.

This has priority upon what, you are doing for Fulvio. Obviously if you can help me with this.

Warmest Regards,

Andrea

[Bass responds that he can't find any knowledgeable person who knows of any dielectric material that can be used with '5 million volts'. Rossi responds with palpable irritation that it's only for a small amount of current (demonstrating his ignorance regarding electricity). In the back and forth, Rossi uses some transformer 'slang' terminology of 'spire' and 'survoltor' (which as an Electrical Engineer, I had never come across), and concludes with another emphatic instruction for secrecy:]

To: Jim Bass

Sent: 11/6/2015 11:39:03 AM

Subject: Re: RE: RE: Transformer

Do not give information and NEVER say the name of me or of Leonardo !!!

It is for JM and you are not requested to fulfill their curiosity about what JM does.

This said, sa spire is one turn of a coil, a survoltor is a transformer, the size must be the smallest possible, we pay for the prototype, then we'll nees 100 000 of them.

Warmest Regards,

A.

So, are we witnessing a Quack (ur, Quark) in the making?

Rossi is so 'sexy': platinum, environmental reclamation, patents, thermoelectric generators, LENR, robotic factories. What next, tiny Tesla coil magic Quark's?

So many masterpieces to create, so little time.

• That's Italianish.

Spire = spira = coil turn

Survoltor = survoltore = step-up transformer

Thanks, that helps clarify.

You know, along these lines, I've been thinking. Maybe the whole problem with Planet Rossi vs. Planet IH is just linguistical mis-interpretation. What we need is a Rossi/English dictionary to correctly understand his genius. After studying his writings for years, perhaps we can crowdsource and create one.

I'll start:

indipindint validation: get your 'homeboys' to write up sufficiently long logs of data with just a few random errors and inconsistencies sufficient to achieve plausible deniability by investors and fawning fans.

customer: me, myself, or I, but always referred to in the Third Person.

pacemaker: a Federal Court case research tool at http://www.pacermonitor.com

satisfied: an imagined state of mind of customer

robotic factories: imaginary places for producing imaginary items

ERV: (see indipindint validation)

GPT: (see indipindint validation)

Warm Regards: WATCH YOUR WALLET!

1 MW: 20 KW

SNAKES!: anyone who isn't a fawning Rossi fan, e.g. sigmoidal

OK, that's my 10. Any others? (Perhaps this should go to a new thread.)

Happy Friday afternoon everyone! :)

• With that in mind, go back and re-read 207-41, and everywhere Rossisays: "customer, replace CEO, JMC, they will, they may" insert "me, I, myself". :)

Rossi also "talking to himself" in this e-mail to Darden (236-39 page 4):

Well, sounds like he would deceive here regarding the nature of "customer" - but surely Rossi would never deceive regarding the e-cat performance, would he?

• Copied from an ECW post : Bass says :

• Official Post

Do we have a plumbing diagram that shows whether the pump is after the diverter valve to the filter, or before?

It matters not a bit if the pump and/or diverter valve is positioned before or after the filter, though before would be usual. But if water cannot flow unhindered through the filter, at that moment it is not part of the live circuit.

• It matters not a bit if the pump and/or diverter valve is positioned before or after the filter, though before would be usual. But if water cannot flow unhindered through the filter, at that moment it is not part of the live circuit.

If there are two paths after the pump, one through the filter and one round the circuit - that is not true.

Of course, if the pump is not used then we are back to the pressure sensor clearly not working, since the condensate pressure must be slightly more than 1 atmosphere.

And, also, the flowmeter must be over-reading...

• Official Post

Wrong. If there are two paths after the pump, and there is a diverter valve which can shut off one path or the other, then the shut off path becomes a cul de sac. No flow. Just like a domestic radiator with one valve closed. There would be no point in having valves both sides of the filter unless you needed to service it, in which case you would probably fit a manual lever valve each end to enable simple removal.

There would also be no point in having a diverter valve before the pump, btw, especially if you wanted to push water through the resistance of a filter. Equally the filter would become a cul de sac if there was diverter valve after it, able to accept water either via the filter only or from the main circuit only.

• Wrong. If there are two paths after the pump, and there is a diverter valve which can shut off one path or the other, then the shut off path becomes a cul de sac. No flow. Just like a domestic radiator with one valve closed. There would be no point in having valves both sides of the filter unless you needed to service it, in which case you would probably fit a manual lever valve each end to enable simple removal.

There would also be no point in having a diverter valve before the pump, btw, especially if you wanted to push water through the resistance of a filter. Equally the filter would become a cul de sac if there was diverter valve after it, able to accept water either via the filter only or from the main circuit only.

Well, I don't have a strong view here, but I can't quite see where you get these views:

There is no problem part of the ckt not used being a cul-de-sac

Valves either side of the filter are what you need to remove gunk from the filter. Rossi seems to have a design strategy that maximises gunk, so perhaps he has learnt by now that removal is good.

• I admit I have not read all the court documents. I just read Adb's site and found it very telling about Rossi's personality-

from Fabiani deposition

Q. When was the last time you were in the Doral warehouse?

A. The last time, one or two days after the plant was closed, yes, to take my material that had been thrown outside.

Q. What was that material?

A. My computer, my acquisition system, my electronic laboratory.

So at the end we see Rossi throwing outside Fabiani's items. Vindictive Not a nice person in my book.

That and his talking to himself as JMP director to mislead (fraud in FL?) says a lot about the man.

• Wrong. If there are two paths after the pump, and there is a diverter valve which can shut off one path or the other, then the shut off path becomes a cul de sac. No flow. Just like a domestic radiator with one valve closed. There would be no point in having valves both sides of the filter unless you needed to service it, in which case you would probably fit a manual lever valve each end to enable simple removal.

You always want block valves before and after a filter and a bypass around it. Other wise you have to shut the entire system down to clean it. Ideally you want two filters for each system so you can keep running filtered product while cleaning the other filter.

• The other day I recommended that everyone should read Smith's reports, because they cover some elementary aspects of thermodynamics that you must grasp before you can understand calorimetry, or how the Rossi system works. It is clear to me that some people here have not read these reports, and they do not understand elementary thermodynamics. To be blunt, they do not understand things that are taught in grade school, such as the fact that the boiling point varies with pressure, and fluid does not flow unless there is a difference in pressure. The comments by Peter Gluck, I H Fanboy, Engineer48 (at the other web site) and others betray this level of ignorance. I responded to Gluck --

In Gluck's blog, he wrote:

"A recent example is expert Rick Smith using them in order to demonstrate that the 1MW plant of Andrea Rossi has circulated water not steam and the steam - if formed could not be superheated- so he ignored one critical detail - that the fluid had a temperature of 103-104 C at atmospheric pressure . . ."

It cannot be at atmospheric pressure. The reservoir is open to the air, so it is definitely at atmospheric pressure. The pressure gauge is located just downstream of the reactors, outside of the customer site. If both locations are at atmospheric pressure, no steam (or water) can flow from the reactor back to the reservoir. That is impossible. There has to be a pressure difference, as Smith explained.

Therefore, the pressure gauge reading of 1 atmosphere must be wrong. (I assume it was supposed to be 0.0 barg, not bar -- which would be a vacuum. Either way, it is impossible.)

The pressure must be higher than 1 atm. When it is just a little higher, the water will not boil at 103-104°C.

This is elementary thermodynamics.

See:

EXPERT REPORT OF RICK A. SMITH, P.E., Document 235-1

SUPPLEMENTAL EXPERT REPORT OF RICK A. SMITH, P.E., Document 235-10

The Effects of Pressure on Boiling Point Temperatures

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0235.01_Exhibit_1.pdf

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0235.10_Exhibit_10.pdf

https://durathermfluids.com/pd…ressure-boiling-point.pdfcleardot.gif

• More than five thousand blog posts arguing about the details of a device which, in all probability, will turn out to be fictitious. Extraordinary!

I guess . . . After the Titanic disaster, people argued for decades over whether Captain Stanley Lord of the Californian should be held responsible for not saving thousands of lives. His supporters were called "Lordites." It seems to me perfectly obvious he and the other officers should have been held responsible, but the debate went on. Such questions are never resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

• Now, let's think. Why would Rossi need to vent 20KW of heat all day and night. Hmmm. Not sure.... Think. Think, think, think....

Yeah, heated air. Those pipes could easily convey all of the steam, which would be far in excess of 20 KW of heat. So, let's think, think think: maybe those pipes were conveying steam not air.

• There is an enormous lack of engineering common sense from the people accepting these measurements.

Temperature just over b.p. does not mean dry steam, does not mean no fluid flowing, there is no need for the fluid and steam components to be in equilibrium at the point where the temperature is 103. That is supposing you believe the pressure and temperature figures. Either could be wrong through mis-siting of sensors. I'm not sure if physical evidence remains of this, Apparently (amazingly) the temperature measurement was a thermometer stuck in a hole. But, maybe the other temp measurement - which we never saw was more professional. So little definite info about this test it is almost misleading to do any speculation based on the Penon report values.

Difficult perhaps to get over in a Court just how bad this setup is.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.