Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Euphemism definition : a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.

Proper words are not intrinsically euphemisms. Scam is for example, a euphemism for criminal or civil fraud, because whereas scam covers acts ranging from mischievous to Madoff, criminal fraud has an exaclt definition. Euphemisms are by definition evasive and vague substitutes for proper descriptions, which 'fraudster' while being an Americanism, is not.

"Scam is for example, a euphemism.."

Exactly. Describing Rossi as a scammer is a charitable euphemism given his actual behavior.

So I'm more European than I realized. (Just to be clear, however, that's a 'Zee', not 'Zed' and certainly not an 's' in 'realized').

I can trace my heritage back to England and France six and seven generations ago, which probably explains where that 2% moderation comes from. ;)

P.S. As I confessed to before, Ive been hoarding apostrophes and repurposing them as 'scare quotes'. Who says you cant discover anything on this thread?

• Official Post

The fact that he was hired as a 'researcher' through the analytical chemistry wing of the chemistry dept. probably indicates that this is where they were able to find money to hire Fulvio. One presumes he is there to assist whatever ongoing research they are doing into LENR, rather than doing his own research. Universities are very bureaucratic, and I imagine Swedish universities are even more so. In this case, they may have had money allocated to hire a researcher, and that is the designation they gave him. Alternatively, they had to hire him as a researcher to satisfy the pay scale he demanded. Or, maybe he's not being paid and this is just a courtesy appointment.

Josh,

After reading Andrea's link to UU, I would have to agree with you. It does appear that our Fabiani is now affiliated as a researcher with UU's Chemistry Dept. A department headed by one of the Lugano testers. This is a story that keeps on giving. :)

As UG says; it begs the question of why he is there? I can not help but think that Fabiani is the one expert on the Ecat's control system, and it is rumored the 7 Swedes are trying to replicate their results from Lugano. Putting 2 and 2 together, I would say they brought him there to help out.

• Putting 2 and 2 together, I would say they brought him there to help out.

If correct, this angle of the story does indeed add another layer of mystery to this drama! Almost to the point of a far side story!

We have an event in Doral, that clearly had MUCH fraud involved. This is a fact. No customer, no chief engineer, no production, no product. Leasing a facility to oneself, stating a time frame was urgent as the "Customer" would move on.... etc. etc.. reference previous post #7698 from Sigmoidal.

Fabiani was a long time family friend of Rossi and intimately involved with the 1 year plant operation. He collected data and worked on the controls. He almost certainly knew there was no customer. He certainly knew that the data being provided was not always valid. (Showing flow and temperatures on days the plant was shut off for instance) His destroying of emails and data is extremely questionable at the very least and criminal at worse. (He had a contract with IH to return all materials and subject matter at the end of his contract) His actions in the Doral event may very well wind up with a legal conviction against him!

And yet, we have the possibility that someone at Uppsala hired him! If true, most likely Roland Petterson who was involved with Lugano.

This group either must be completely ignorant of the legal proceedings and are not following the court case at all, or their judgment is severely questionable! By hiring someone who may very well be found guilty of fraud, they may be placing their careers at Uppsala in jeopardy! This is quite intriguing!

On the other hand, perhaps they are convinced the Lugano test was completely valid and have tried to replicate it. Not able to replicate it (big surprise here huh!) they are committed to vindicating their reputations that has been somewhat smeared by the Lugano test. Knowing Rossi will not share any "secrets", perhaps they think Fabiani can help out. I.E. they cannot get it to work and believe they need inside information to do so. Rossi will not allow a test that is independent of him, so they fall back to Fabiani. Still a perilous path in my opinion!

However.... if they succeed in a trulyl valid replication, I will applaud their efforts and results! If this is what they are doing, I really hope they succeed. I truly would like to see a LENR break through.

But in my opinion, I would not touch Fabiani with a ten foot pole if my career or reputation was in any way at stake! 8|

• So, after all of this debate about the trial, I am still left with a question of Rossi's motive in filing the suit.

Let's say you are Rossi, you believe your technology works and is valuable, but you realize your supporting company/licensee has lost faith. Would you sue to complete the payment terms of the contract, or would you sue to get your license rights back? Let's say Rossi wins, the $89M is due, and it gets paid by IH. IH would pretty much own rights to everything Rossi had created and will create (derivatives) in most of the world. There would be very little Rossi could make and sell that would not have to go through IH. Does that sound like a desirable situation for Rossi as the positive outcome of the the suit he filed? Would an inventor that believed in what he had created just take the money and wash his hands of his creation, leaving it to a company who claims it cannot be brought to product?

Personally, I think there is 0 chance a jury would award the $89M to Rossi AND give him back his license. So the Rossi-positive outcome would be Rossi gets the $89M and everything he has developed and all of its derivatives are licensed to IH; OR, Rossi loses the bid to get the $89M (the primary purpose of the suit) and also doesn't get his license back; OR, Rossi loses, has to pay back the $11.5M to IH, and gets his license back. If Rossi really believed in what he had invented, and knowing that IH has lost complete faith in that invention, it seems Rossi would be happier if he lost his lawsuit. If Rossi were to win his lawsuit and get the $89M, it would seem that the only way he would be happy is if he knew the eCat didn't work.

1. RuthYellock May 12, 2017 at 6:51 AM

Dear Dr Rossi:

Did IH know that you were the technical director of JM?

2. Andrea Rossi May 12, 2017 at 7:19 AM

Ruth Yellock:

I cannot comment on issues to be discussed in Court, but a careful reading of the papers deposited in Court will allow you to read that IH had been notified in written from me on June 2014 that I was going to be the director of the plant of JM ( please read carefully the deposition of Andrea Rossi as the representative of JM: you will find there the reference to the written communication to IH that I was going to be the director of the JM plant; this fact gives evidence that IH knew months before the beginning of the Guarantee Performance test that I was the director of the JM’s plant. Read also all the rest of the deposition to get the real context related to this issue. Note: I am not commenting, just referring to papers published in Court ).

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• From Rossi:

I cannot comment on issues to be discussed in Court, but a careful reading of the papers deposited in Court will allow you to read that IH had been notified in written from me on June 2014 that I was going to be the director of the plant of JM

1. He just commented. He said "I cannot comment" and then he commented.

2. In his messages to I.H. he repeatedly described the management of JM in the third person; "they" did this or said that. He was talking about himself. Either he was being deceptive or he is stark staring bonkers. Who has conversations with himself?!?

• Note: I am not commenting, just referring to papers published in Court ).

Wow, this is truly weird!

Some have stated on this forum that Rossi was possibly losing it or perhaps already had to some extent, but this post is really telling. If he truly believes he is "not commenting" here, he truly is delusional! :(

• Proper words are not intrinsically euphemisms. Scam is for example, a euphemism for criminal or civil fraud, because whereas scam covers acts ranging from mischievous to Madoff, criminal fraud has an exaclt definition. Euphemisms are by definition evasive and vague substitutes for proper descriptions, which 'fraudster' while being an Americanism, is not.

I don't think Dewey "Zappa" Weaver was saying that 'scam' is a euphemism. I think he was implying that your preferred alternative, "confidence trickster," is just a euphemism for scammer, which I suppose he prefers.

• I don't think Dewey "Zappa" Weaver was saying that 'scam' is a euphemism. I think he was implying that your preferred alternative, "confidence trickster," is just a euphemism for scammer, which I suppose he prefers.

Well, I don't think the precise word used matters, when the facts show Rossi as someone who has engaged in a sustained deception in order to induce IH to pay him $89M. And whose grasp on reality is so tenuous that he now claims there was no deception...

Don't think anyone can argue with that? And the polite confidence trickster, or less polite scammer, seem decent summaries for such behaviour.

• Fabiani was a long time family friend of Rossi and intimately involved with the 1 year plant operation. He collected data and worked on the controls. He almost certainly knew there was no customer. He certainly knew that the data being provided was not always valid. (Showing flow and temperatures on days the plant was shut off for instance) His destroying of emails and data is extremely questionable at the very least and criminal at worse.

Fabiani was hired/paid by IH. He had to send IH regular e-mails containing the same data Penon captured.

May be we should ask IH, where these e-mail are?

Why did IH not file these e-mails?? ..

• I haven't found the email's from June that Rossi alluded to. Perhaps someone here can direct me to where they are in the docket. I just don't remember Rossi saying he was to be the director to the JM plant. I just remember him saying he was going to be director of the Doral plan which I though just means the "test site". But hay, they don't call me an old guy for nothing,..... I don't have the memory I once had. We have so many documents these days. Wish they were searchable.

• There is no need for a trial. Every sensible person can see that Rossi is a scammer, and in every free society anyone is free to say that.

There is no need for a trial ?

Are you crazy or just insulting all the US Justice System ?

So if I write that every sensible person can see that you sold your best part (the brain ? Or choose what you prefer.......)

to IH and write just nonsense I would be free to do so ?

Jed there is a big difference between diffusing false accusations and free speech. In my opinion IH don't see it.

• 1. He just commented. He said "I cannot comment" and then he commented.

No. He has not. He has just told what can you find in the papers.

If I say "I may not comment what Jed wrote but reading his posts you will find that he say that Rossi commented....." I'm not commenting your post but just referring to your post.

Any comment ?

• I haven't found the email's from June that Rossi alluded to. Perhaps someone here can direct me to where they are in the docket. I just don't remember Rossi saying he was to be the director to the JM plant. I just remember him saying he was going to be director of the Doral plan which I though just means the "test site". But hay, they don't call me an old guy for nothing,..... I don't have the memory I once had. We have so many documents these days. Wish they were searchable.

Paraphrasing Rossi's emails to IH:

"[...] something about the 1MW plant [...] I will direct the plant"

Then in his deposition he says that he meant he would direct the JMP plant.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.