Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

Do I believe Parkamov?

I didn't ask for Parkamov and you even cannot spell his name correctly - so it's evident, you're complete outsider regarding cold fusion - such a people don't understand anything about it, so they're biased against it and it has no meaning to convince them about the opposite.

• He also publicly electrocuted an elephant trying to smear Tesla/ AC electricity. All his past work did not make DC any more credible for commercial use

I disagree. He was demonstrating a valid point, which is that DC electricity is far safer than AC at a given power level. Arthur Clarke predicted that future houses will have nothing but DC outlets for this reason, powered by cold fusion.

• cannot spell his name correctly - so it's evident

I see that you put more weight into a typographical error than facts. With this in mind, you should never believe Rossi, half of his posts are not spelled correctly! "Indipendant" According to your above logic, you must believe he never has had an independent test because he consistently misspells it! :)

• I disagree. He was demonstrating a valid point, which is that DC electricity is far safer than AC at a given power level. Arthur Clarke predicted that future houses will have nothing but DC outlets for this reason, powered by cold fusion.

You are correct, that DC is "safer", but I truly doubt that is what Edison was truly demonstrating. The harnessing power of the Niagra falls contract was being bid on and Westinghouse versus Edison was vying for the contract. Edison was pushing the "safety factor" but I believe it was clearly a PR stunt to try and sway public opinion in his favor. He even designed execution chairs using AC, again, to give PR support to his product. It was becoming clear that the DC system would require a generating station at very short distances. The large number and cost of the multiple generating station scenario was giving the AC system a huge advantage and it was going to win the Niagra contract. Edison was attempting to turn the tide of public opinion using these graphic demonstrations, but sadly not truly for "safety" concerns, but simply to try and regain some advantage.

When I stated DC was not credible for commercial purposes, my comment would have been more accurate to state "more commercially viable". Credible was not the correct term to use.

• Bob - I thought you might enjoy some stats associated with R's "indipendent" misspelling. On JNOP this has occurred 318 times with 263 of those by the man himself and 53 of them from R sock-puppets if we count Acland (2/5/14) as a real person. The other real person instance was by Jed (yes - R actually posted an inquiry from Jed) when he repeated a quote by Rossi on 12/28/13.

• Bob - I thought you might enjoy some stats associated with R's "indipendent" misspelling. On JNOP this has occurred 318 times with 263 of those by the man himself and 53 of them from R sock-puppets if we count Acland (2/5/14) as a real person. The other real person instance was by Jed (yes - R actually posted an inquiry from Jed) when he repeated a quote by Rossi on 12/28/13.

Yes, it is amazing to me that people dismiss this sock puppet routine. It demonstrates his willingness to blatantly use deception to further his goals. It is not the same thing as posting using an alias. It is pretending to be posting using a real name and then pretending to be responding to that real person! Usually when people are posting using an alias, it is clearly an alias. It is not deceptive (except for people like Mary Yugo in the beginning).

• then pretending to be responding

Mr. Cole, Mr. Weaver,

I used to hear an "old saying" long before the internet that it was OK to "talk to yourself"..... it was when you started answering yourself that signaled trouble! ;)

Perhaps this is relevant?

• Re: sock puppets. It might be goofy, and who knows for sure whether it is Rossi (it could just as well be one or more trolls), but if it is Rossi, it appears to simply be a way of getting information out. If you are ready to criminalize speech because it comes from a sock puppet account, then I think that speaks more to your world view than to Rossi's.

• You are correct, that DC is "safer", but I truly doubt that is what Edison was truly demonstrating.

Based on the biographies I have read, I think that was what he was truly demonstrating. Edison was ahead of his time in his concerns about safety, and also pollution and conservation. He worried that people would reject electricity if it proved too dangerous.

Granted, he was also conducting a publicity stunt. He often did that sort of thing. As I recall, he was against electrocution, but if it was going to happen he wanted the public to call it "Westinghousing" and he wanted it associated with AC.

He soon realized that DC was not practical for long-range transmission.

Electrocution as a form of punishment is gruesome.

SIDENOTE

The first person to nearly kill himself with a man-made electric shock was Benjamin Franklin. He was getting ready to electrocute a turkey and he accidentally electrocuted himself. He was knocked unconscious. Quoting two letters from him:

"I have lately made an Experiment in Electricity that I desire never to repeat. Two nights ago being about to kill a Turkey by the Shock from two large Glass Jarrs containing as much electrical fire as forty common Phials, I inadvertently took the whole thro' my own Arms and Body."

"You may Communicate this to Mr. Bowdoin As A Caution to him . . . but do not make it mor Publick, for I am Ashamed to have been Guilty of so Notorious A Blunder."

https://www.masshist.org/objec…mber2002/december2002.htm

• Re: sock puppets. It might be goofy, and who knows for sure whether it is Rossi (it could just as well be one or more trolls), but if it is Rossi, it appears to simply be a way of getting information out. If you are ready to criminalize speech because it comes from a sock puppet account, then I think that speaks more to your world view than to Rossi's.

It sure does not appear goofy or insane to me. It serves a purpose of getting out his talking points to his followers. It also provides a model for his followers to use for their own thought processes. Whether it's criminal, I wouldn't know. I said that it is very deceptive and hints at a more general modus operandi. What makes you think he would hesitate to use deception for say, I don't know, setting up a sock puppet company to give glowing reports of how happy they are with the output of the 1MW show! Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees, but if you pan outward in thought the patterns become clear. I would not engage in any kind of business arrangement with a person willing to engage sock puppets in the way he does on the blog.

That it could be trolls is an absurd notion if you study this in detail. Yes, there was one for a brief period of time from ecatnews.com, which was triggered by the sock puppetry and having fun with it. Trolls are motivated to trigger negative emotional reactions in the person who responds. This kind of thing was barely even noticed for years. The puppets always manage to present AR in a positive light and communicate things that he is "forbidden" to say. They use the same sentence structure, syntax, spelling errors, and idiosyncratic punctuation. If you believe this is one or more trolls, what would have been their motivation during the long period of time before this was discovered?

• They use the same sentence structure, syntax, spelling errors, and idiosyncratic punctuation. If you believe this is one or more trolls, what would have been their motivation during the long period of time before this was discovered?

It would be very simple for a troll (and there are plenty of those around) of reasonable intelligence to pick up on the Rossi-isms and echo those in fake sock puppet accounts in attempts to make Rossi look goofy. I'm not saying that is the case here, but the possibility can't be ruled out. I think it is more likely a way for Rossi to let information free. Not my style (I prefer straight-up business dealings), but I wouldn't fault him too much for wanting information out. IH hides information and obfuscates at every turn, which is in a sense more frustrating than Rossi's antics.

• I think it is more likely a way for Rossi to let information free. Not my style (I prefer straight-up business dealings), but I wouldn't fault him too much for wanting information out. IH hides information and obfuscates at every turn, which is in a sense more frustrating than Rossi's antics.

In what way does IH obfuscate? They are operating like a serious company--quietly going about their work.

It is not just a way to get out information, but to serve whatever purpose AR has at the time: to appear scientifically adept, denigrate opponents, foist praise upon himself and the E-cat, and so forth. It is not just an information channel, it is a manipulation channel.

• In what way does IH obfuscate?

I think a few of us here have documented pretty well the inconsistencies with statements from IH's surrogates, IH's behavior, and their attempts to lead the community and public to think one thing while hiding the true meaning in creative PR-type language.

Listen, I understand that companies must keep some information secret, and are generally out to make money. There is nothing wrong with that, and it what makes the world go 'round. I think, however, that when it comes to commercially viable LENR, the public has a legitimate interest in knowing certain things. The potential for abuse is otherwise too great. If IH wants to be the company that brings LENR+ to the world, they are going to need to think beyond traditional PR tactics, and really open up to the wider community , rather than hushing it up with NDAs and token research dollars.

My preference is that LENR+ be open sourced. Perhaps if Me356 emerges again, or the MFMP makes a creative leap, then a door for that might be opened. At the end of the day, this technology is too important to be in the hands of a single secretive company.

• Official Post

If IH wants to be the company that brings LENR+ to the world, they are going to need to think beyond traditional PR tactics, and really open up to the wider community , rather than hushing it up with NDAs and token research dollars.

There are persistent rumors that IH have built a LENR research center in Triangle Park NC and staffed it with a number of the old guard- some of them with CV's stretching back to SPAWAR. It would be an excellent PR move for IH to reveal more about the scale, direction and progress of their own efforts and the lab they have funded. At the moment the IH PR story is so focused on throwing shit (deserved or not) in the general direction of Ni/H and Rossi in particular that they are beginning to look like 'the nasty party', all negativity. Not a graceful image.

I suspect anyone with something good cooking in their own laboratory would be very uneasy about doing a deal in Raleigh right now. None of this means they need to go 'open source' - but more clarity on their aims and objectives would show that they really are the good guys they tell us they are.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.