Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Shane D - No settlement - Rossi has poked the wrong folks in the eye and best prepare for the consequences. Oh yeah - Strike 3.

RiRi - The Captain says those are just ice shavings on the deck and that you really just only scraped that berg. All ahead full for Planet Rossi.

• Knowing now about this business relationship between IH and Deep River I'm sure he does have special information, but how he uses it is still up for conjecture. If he is being paid by IH and his income stream depends on representing them only then why would he be honest with any of us on here. I am strongly suspicious that he is being directed by IH on how to respond to comments posted here, in which case he is not just a 'trollbot', but a "super trollbot" because he has so much more at stake than just a paid FUD poster.

• Knowing now about this business relationship between IH and Deep River I'm sure he does have special information, but how he uses it is still up for conjecture. If he is being paid by IH and his income stream depends on representing them only then why would he be honest with any of us on here. I am strongly suspicious that he is being directed by IH on how to respond to comments posted here, in which case he is not just a 'trollbot', but a "super trollbot" because he has so much more at stake than just a paid FUD poster

Of course he's a part in the case. That has not been a secret since he stoped writing under the name NcHawk. Dewey has never denied being a part in the case. But that doesn't make him a troll. If Rossi, Pennon or Fabiani came here and write about theire side of the story. Under theire real name, would you consider them as trolls as well?

• Please stop trying to character assassinate Dewey Weaver who has only been presenting proven facts, and has never spread unproven FUD. Nor did he ever try to smear Rossi or people with a mind to support the crooked "doctor", however kooky and hokum-loving the Planet Rossi denizens are. His posts are 100% human, anyone thinking otherwise is a Fake News wannabe propagandist.

Also leave Jed Rothwell out of this. He didn't participate either in this imaginary FUD campaign.

• Picked off only with facts, eh?

Surprisingly - if you look at this objectively - yes. I don't notice Dewey doing the type of snide innuendo that you do. Sure, he is entertaining, but this after all is a (EDIT: forum), and entertainment is much of what it does!

I realise IHFB, that you see yourself as on the side of the angels standing up for truth, exposing the BIG LIES of the Deceiver. If you look at your arguments, you are objecting to natural (mild) hyperbole from Jed, or stuff forgotten and got wrong in the heat of the moment, or taking a RossiSays that Dewey is paid to post here as fact. BTW - I can't see that for common sense reasons. Not because in principle IH might not (reasonably) pay somone to do PR on blogs, but because:

• In the grand scheme of things, even in the narrow LENR community (where IH has an interest) this blog and wrangles on it are insignificant. If you feel otherwise you should examine yourself for other grandiose tendencies.
    • Dewey, unless incompetent - which he don't seem to me - will be earning so much more in his day job. Posting here would need to be his choice of leisure
    • Dewey is not that good as a PR agent. You, IHFB, single-handedly are more effective. Your brand of innuendo combined with holier-than though "I'm just trying to find the truth" is remarkably good, I think, at keeping its minority audience happy.

So: why am I not on your side, exposing all these little innacuracies from Planet IH? Because I have a sense of proportion. We all err. we all exaggerate mildly to make a case. But few adopt the wholesale deception that Rossi is now as good as proven to have done on several occasions, with very strong circumstantial evidence he has done it on many others. What makes this compelling is that in spite of this Rossi's memes are so powerful, activating people like you, as well as unshakable followers such as Peter. It is, I think, the lure of free energy. With great hopes so come great biasses.

PS - when it comes to scientific accuracy no bias is acceptable (though we are all biassed). I supported even rb0 of all people (whom I abhor, and whose fictions are poisonous) questioning P (whom I have a great respect for) over some lacunae of emissivity issues. It was hard to press submit on that post. But not all science is absolute (ok, philosophically no science is absolute, because it is all inductive speculation). You cannot prove anything about this test, given the fragmentary and contaminated data we have (IH may however be able to do better with stuff not yet released - I'd expect that - they have made arguments that given the right investigation should be easily provable in Court). Certain things are still clear beyond reasonable doubt.

• If [Dewey] is being paid by IH and his income stream depends on representing them only then why would he be honest with any of us on here. I am strongly suspicious that he is being directed by IH on how to respond to comments posted here, in which case he is not just a 'trollbot', but a "super trollbot" because he has so much more at stake than just a paid FUD poster.

Dewey is a human being. Pissed off at Rossi for very good reasons. You on the other hand are peddling poisonous character assassination against all logic (see my last post) and common sense.

• The insults were extended to the supporters of Rossi

living on the Rossi Planet. Useless, IH's scenario was and is not convincing. Valid contract not paying, stellar results now bad later fake etc.. Be rational.

A company certain it is right, restricts its activity to the Court and wins,.

peter

• It's impossible to believe that the LENR librarian, the world's most informed man about the Ecat story, can accidentally confuse the famous "18 hour test" performed by Levi, with the subsequent test documented by the two Swedish professors.

Impossible to believe I made a momentary mistake? I have thousands of documents on my disk! When I do a search all kinds of stuff pops up. You never made a mistake in your life?

But a few months after that test, in August 2011, answering to the same objections, you wrote (4):

"This data is similar to what you find on a boiler test form,

And blah, blah, blah. Evidently I was wrong. The effect was never independently replicated, and it turned out Rossi was deceptive in ways I did not anticipate. I don't know what to make of the earlier results. Again: are you Mr. Perfect who never makes a mistake? You probably never admit you were wrong . . . whereas I just did.

On another subject:

Half full is not a scientific assessment. I'm not sure what Jed means when he says this other than "not empty and not 100% full". For a 15% full pipe you get a speed of (approx) 25cm/s, and so on.

I think it depends partly on the angle of pipe. I found this handy table:

http://www.slideshare.net/raju175/water-flow-pipe-sizes

A DN80 pipe is 3", so the gravity capacity (in the first column -- in green) is 140 gpm. I am guessing that is with some sort of standard configuration. Maybe fully vertical? Anyway, Rossi reported 6 gpm, so it was nowhere near at full capacity, so the water level in the pipe must have been low.

• Peter - the "Rossi Effect" is going to be studied for years to come but will have nothing to do with LENR. You are exhibit c and are making important contributions

in that regard. That is all I want to say for now. By the way, did you solve the riddle?

• Dear Dewey,

What you sa is more than interesting- and has not to do directly with RvD.

So you start now to accept some theory of the excess heat effect that is not fusion, not LENR. I guess you have met a young personality with a new theory and approach to the problem.

Something like hyper Widom Larsen. BTW have you read Steve Krivit's books?

Better focus on this , what you say or what I say will not influence the verdict in the Trial, it is already written in the stars.

Excuse my distraction/senility , what do you consider a riddle i have to solve?

peter

• Official Post

As everyone knows, Dewey Weaver is Deep Water Ventures (DRV). Nothing wrong with that BTW...just pointing it out for background. IH contracted him as a consultant in May 2013. This IH description of his duties from the just released document 143, shows why he has been running all over the world:

DRV agrees to perform the following Scope of Work:

maintaining relationships with inventors and others in the field commonly known
    as low energy nuclear reactions (the “Field”), identifying investment and strategic
    partnership opportunities in the Field, staying abreast of all new developments in
    the Field and routinely reporting such developments to Company management,
    assisting with overall business, intellectual property and commercialization
    strategy, and providing assistance in other capacities as requested by the Company .

DRV agrees in pertinent part:

to perform . . . all acts deemed necessary or desirable by the Company to permit
    and assist it . . . in obtaining, maintaining, defending and enforcing patents, patent
    rights, copyrights, trademark rights, trade secret rights or any other rights in
    connection with such Developments . . . . Such acts may include, but are not
    limited to, execution of documents and assistance or cooperation in legal
    proceedings. Consultant hereby irrevocably designates and appoints the Company
    and its duly authorized officers and agents, as Consultant’s agents and attorney-infact
    to act for and on its behalf and instead of it, to execute and file any documents,
    applications or related findings and to do all other lawfully permitted acts to further
    the purposes set forth in this subsection [], including . . . the perfection of assignment and the prosecution and issuance of patents, patent applications,
    copyright applications and registrations, trademark applications and registrations or
    other rights in connection with such Developments and improvements thereto with
    the same legal force and effect as if executed by Consultant.

• Dear Dewey,

What you sa is more than interesting- and has not to do directly with RvD.

So you start now to accept some theory of the excess heat effect that is not fusion, not LENR. I guess you have met a young personality with a new theory and approach to the problem.

Something like hyper Widom Larsen. BTW have you read Steve Krivit's books?

Peter,

Dewey is being a bit subtle in his use of the English, and since it is not your first language, please allow me to clarify, in hopes of increasing the productivity of discussion:

My understanding is that Dewey is asserting that the real "Rossi Effect" is to deceive people, especially technically oriented people, into believing that his 'exciting new technologies' are not merely fraudulent hoaxes.

I think Dewey would point out that Rossi's track record includes:

1) Fraudulent waste-to-oil production scheme (Petroldragon)

2) Fraudulent heat-to-electric cells (US Military research contract)

3) Fraudulent E-Cat

4) Fraudulent Hot-Cat

5) (Almost certainly) fraudulent Quark-X

This ability to deceive is what Dewey is asserting is the real 'Rossi Effect', not some actual nickel-hydride (+/- Pd, Pt or whatever) LENR. Rossi seems to have a special knack for deceiving technologists. He had me interested, excited, even enchanted for awhile many years ago.

So this is the "Rossi Effect" Dewey is talking about. (Dewey, please correct me if I have this wrong).

• Peter - With sympathy and apologies, I am unable to help you if you cannot grasp my posts.

Shane D - I think that I am one of the most fortunate individuals on Planet Earth. I work with amazing people and have been blessed with the most fun and exciting endeavor - truly the opportunity of a lifetime. With every great adventure comes a wilderness experience (or two). The stormy seasons makes one stronger, more aware and ready for the larger challenges ahead. We believe that LENR is potentially a world changing technology. The people involved understand the risk and have the patience to see if a verifiable experiment can be prototyped for a larger engineering effort. We have a long way to go in that regard. The waste of time and resources in this recent unpleasantness are unfortunate but we'll get through that soon and will be able to focus full time on the main CF mission.

• Dewey, can you give us any hint as to whether, in your opinion, any radical new method of extracting usable energy from mass is currently showing any sign of promise, to the point of being replicated in independent tests (or even controlled tests)?.

No names, just a "Yes, I think so" or "No, not yet"

• As one of this site's resident skeptics, I agree wholeheartedly with Dewey's statement of the IH mission. If LENR is something real, then it is immensely important and deserves to be properly understood. The way to do that is decent focussed and skeptical research not crackpot inventors. If LENR is a set of experimental issues that don't scale then it still deserves to be understood - if for no reason other than that good people are spending their time studying it.

That is why the misrepresentation of IH as being greedy selfish capitalists is so poisonous. In my opinion - and it has always been this - they have a noble cause and while I guess you could make a story where they expect to cream off investor's money to enrich themselves expecting LENR not to work I really don't see that from the people or what they are doing. You have to be particularly paranoid to entertain such a fantasy.

Whereas Rossi... That is a whole other story!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.