Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Edison's best bulbs worked for 3 to 10 seconds. He then licensed the technology that made the light bulb market ready - then he went and made the market. Incredibly, Edison sockets to this day.

Let us not desecrate his name any further with mentions in postings that include to the overlord of Planet Rossi.

• You haven't had the best week either Alan.

Dear Dewey,

Tell us more about your week, was it a triumphal march?

No metaphors, please- if possible.

Thanks,

Peter

Ps I have nore success than Andrea Rossi, he had only a site Shutdownrossi and the site had been shut down, I got a site Burngluckinhell from your valuable helper and economical friend, the ab(d)ominable.

• SSC "Are you suggesting that he would have to stay there every single day just to write data by hand?"

that was not the intent of the post- see it in context of the thread. It was concerning the fact that Rossi had not yet given the court or IH the data that was request 3 times. The court had threatened sanctions if Rossi did not deliver the data.

If there was a data recorder, then it should have the data the court ask for.

• Interesting observation: in this discussion we see fewer and fewer implausible arguments about the dealing with the 1 MW of power in the enclosed space of the Doral warehouse; the making of some kind of industrial product with that heat that is moved around and shipped out of the warehouse every day; the identity of the satisfied customer; and the reasons for denying IH access to the customer side at one point and refusing to answer questions. The majority of the arguments that remain are the kind a defence lawyer would make in an attempt to acquit a defendant who by all appearances was guilty: how can you be sure that ...; no one knows with certainty that ...; we don't have all of the evidence we need to conclude that ... (something about DN40 pipe), and without such evidence all bets are off; IH must have known this was the GPT but had ulterior motives; although Rossi's behavior was bad, IH's was equally bad or worse.

• But I do know that Edison was a showman who killed innocent animals in order to convince the public that alternating current was more dangerous than direct,

Direct current is much safer than AC. This is a fact. Edison proved it with his tests. Arthur Clarke and others suggested that with cold fusion generators we should go back to using DC to reduce the threat of electrocution.

stole other inventors inventions and claimed them as his own,

No, he did not. This is a myth. His income was mainly from patents, and you cannot patent a stolen invention. The original inventor will complain and the Patent Office will revoke the patent. Edison did, of course, build on the work of others. All inventors do. For example, incandescent lights were invented about 20 years before he began working on them, by Moses Farmer and others. Farmer was not upset and did not claim the Edison stole anything from him. He had a high opinion of Edison.

• Edison's best bulbs worked for 3 to 10 seconds. He then licensed the technology that made the light bulb market ready

They worked much longer than 10 seconds! They worked for several hours at first. By the time he applied for a patent they were working for days. He did license the technology but he also began manufacturing bulbs. By that time they were working for months. He not only designed the lights but also greatly improved generators, fuses, meters, a distribution network, and much else, which his new company began manufacturing. That company is still in business. It is General Electric. Edison sold his shares early to invest in other inventions, mainly magnetic ore separation, which did not work well. He lost a fortune in that.

• Interesting observation: in this discussion we see fewer and fewer naive and implausible arguments about the dealing with the 1 MW of heat in the enclosed space of the Doral warehouse; the making of some kind of industrial product with that heat that is moved around and shipped out of the warehouse every day; the identity of the satisfied customer; and the reasons for denying IH access to the customer side at one point and refusing to answer questions. The majority of the arguments that remain are the kind a defence lawyer would make in an attempt to acquit a defendant who by all appearances was guilty: how can you be sure that ...; no one knows with certainty that ...; we don't have all of the evidence we need to conclude that ... (something about DN40 pipe), and without such evidence all bets are off; IH must have known this was the GPT but had ulterior motives; although Rossi's behavior was bad, IH's was equally bad or worse.

Yes it sounds likes lawyer talk. There is very evidence by Rossi against IH, yet he will have to get a unanimous jury verdict to win his suit against IH. For some reason many of the "Planet Rossi" folks seem to think that the lack of evidence is good for Rossi that it is IH that must bring evidence against Rossi. That is only for the counter suit. It is as if Rossi's lawyers are giving up attacking IH and are just playing it as a defense in the counter suit.

• Yes it sound likes lawyer talk. There is very evidence by Rossi against IH, yet he will have to get a unanimous jury verdict to win his suit against IH. For some reason many of the "Planet Rossi" folks seem to think that the lack of evidence is good for Rossi that it is IH that must bring evidence against Rossi. That is only for the counter suit. It is as if Rossi's lawyers are giving up attacking IH and are just playing it as a defense in the counter suit.

The soap opera interest, for a long time, has been in the counter suit and what (real as opposed to speculative) Rossi badnesses it will discover. Because for this the burden of proof is on IH to prove positive wrong-doing - vapourware is not enough - it is less clear. What I find most fascinating is the 3rd party defendents. Will they stick to the Rossi line? Will they be excused or found liable if Rossi is?

Maybe we do not get this because they skip out of jurisdiction. For that matter - do we expect Rossi at some suitable time to simply up sticks and decamp to another country? I'd expect it...

• The soap opera interest, for a long time, has been in the counter suit and what (real as opposed to speculative) Rossi badnesses it will discover. Because for this the burden of proof is on IH to prove positive wrong-doing - vapourware is not enough - it is less clear. What I find most fascinating is the 3rd party defendents. Will they stick to the Rossi line? Will they be excused or found liable if Rossi is?

Maybe we do not get this because they skip out of jurisdiction. For that matter - do we expect Rossi at some suitable time to simply up sticks and decamp to another country? I'd expect it...

THH "decamp to another country"

I wonder why he is still here. I would have expected he was here on a work visa which would have been expired by now. Can a foreign national just come to the US, start a business, and hire himself to remain on a work visa? If that was the case, I would expect there would be a lot of people doing it to avoid deportation.

Perhaps he is waiting till his condo's sell.

• That's a very interesting point about the work visa issue. I seem to remember there was some ambiguity about his passport but cannot track down where this was raised. Has he got dual citizenship??

According to the counter suit : "Rossi has a primary residence in Miami Beach, Florida and, upon information and belief, is a citizen of Italy."

• That is like saying: since 2 + 2 = 4, then 2 + 3 != 5. Here you present a nice example of a 1 MW power plant delivering steam through a DN50 pipe no less. The only major difference between what you post here, and Rossi's is the pressure (aside from the source of the heat itself). Increase the outlet pipe to type DN80, add a heat exchanger that forms a vacuum on the other end, and you are now within the parameters of the 1 MW plant. So your example actually bolsters the feasibility of the ERV data.

• Official Post

Edison's best bulbs worked for 3 to 10 seconds. He then licensed the technology that made the light bulb market ready - then he went and made the market. Incredibly, Edison sockets to this day.

This subject of creating the market is another subject where you could educate us deeper too!

One big errors of inventors is not to understand that the hardest is not to make it work, not even to make it industrial and reliable, but to create a market challenging others established markets and people which live in them. Carving the markets involve also lobbying, managing regulation and social factors, creating required infrastructure and technology....

Think about autonomous cars, Internet, or Edison lamp. many concerns are intertwined there to build a market where the invention can express it's added value.

Someone told me that in real life, with big money, you cannot get more than half of the money you put in (at best double).

Inventors get sometime well paid, breaking the 1.5x-2x margin law, but like tip to the croupier, few millions, but even if the market is a trillion$, there is a need for hundreds of billion$ of investment and market creation that the inventor cannot do, thus not deserving fraction of the trillion.

Maybe I'm not very clear, but basically , an inventor can expect to be rich by millions, but not billionaire, unless he is not far from already.

• That is like saying: since 2 + 2 = 4, then 2 + 3 != 5. Here you present a nice example of a 1 MW power plant delivering steam through a DN50 pipe no less. The only major difference between what you post here, and Rossi's is the pressure (aside from the source of the heat itself). Increase the outlet pipe to type DN80, add a heat exchanger that forms a vacuum on the other end, and you are now within the parameters of the 1 MW plant. So your example actually bolsters the feasibility of the ERV data.

IHFB.

This charming fantasy (1MW heat exchanger with no back-pressure) does not work in this case because the condensate return pipe (in this case) is run at atmospheric pressure. Anything less than one atmosphere would cause reverse flow of condensate and/or air to equalise pressures. This system is open and can be topped up from the external tank.

The trouble is, the more I - for the sake of accuracy - correct your fantasies - the more credence is given to the idea that the absurd measurements in this test could be real. I think it is a mild form of OCD that makes me do this...

• Well I think it would be little more like a seesaw balancing trick to get a flow with 1 atmospere at the point of measurement. It would not only require a drop in pressure at the 'customers' end, but also a slight positive pressure in the reactors. But hey, that's possible with a feedback system to maintain that perfect balance and no doubt an important clue as to the 'Rossi Effect'.... or not

• IHFB.

This charming fantasy (1MW heat exchanger with no back-pressure) does not work in this case because the condensate return pipe (in this case) is run at atmospheric pressure. Anything less than one atmosphere would cause reverse flow of condensate and/or air to equalise pressures. This system is open and can be topped up from the external tank.

The trouble is, the more I - for the sake of accuracy - correct your fantasies - the more credence is given to the idea that the absurd measurements in this test could be real. I think it is a mild form of OCD that makes me do this...

I'm afraid you seem to know nothing about which you write.

"The temperature and flow rate of the cooling water through the condenser controls the temperature of the condensate. This in turn controls the saturation pressure (vacuum) of the condenser. To prevent the condensate level from rising to the lower tubes of the condenser, a hotwell level control system may be employed. Varying the flow of the condensate pumps is one method used to accomplish hotwell level control. A level sensing network controls the condensate pump speed or pump discharge flow control valve position. Another method employs an overflow system that spills water from the hotwell when a high level is reached.

Condenser vacuum should be maintained as close to 29 inches Hg as practical. This allows maximum expansion of the steam, and therefore, the maximum work. If the condenser were perfectly air-tight (no air or noncondensable gasses present in the exhaust steam), it would be necessary only to condense the steam and remove the condensate to create and maintain a vacuum. The sudden reduction in steam volume, as it condenses, would maintain the vacuum. Pumping the water from the condenser as fast as it is formed would maintain the vacuum. It is, however, impossible to prevent the entrance of air and other noncondensable gasses into the condenser. In addition, some method must exist to initially cause a vacuum to exist in the condenser. This necessitates the use of an air ejector or vacuum pump to establish and help maintain condenser vacuum."

http://www.engineersedge.com/h…large_steam_condenser.htm

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.