Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Direct current is much safer than AC. This is a fact. Edison proved it with his tests. Arthur Clarke and others suggested that with cold fusion generators we should go back to using DC to reduce the threat of electrocution.

No, he did not. This is a myth. His income was mainly from patents, and you cannot patent a stolen invention. The original inventor will complain and the Patent Office will revoke the patent. Edison did, of course, build on the work of others. All inventors do. For example, incandescent lights were invented about 20 years before he began working on them, by Moses Farmer and others. Farmer was not upset and did not claim the Edison stole anything from him. He had a high opinion of Edison.

If you think its so safe go and grab the positive lead on the alternator of your car.

• Yes it sounds likes lawyer talk. There is very evidence by Rossi against IH, yet he will have to get a unanimous jury verdict to win his suit against IH. For some reason many of the "Planet Rossi" folks seem to think that the lack of evidence is good for Rossi that it is IH that must bring evidence against Rossi. That is only for the counter suit. It is as if Rossi's lawyers are giving up attacking IH and are just playing it as a defense in the counter suit.

Oldguy, you keep getting it wrong. This is a copy and paste from the courts web site.

A civil case is usually between two or more persons, companies or corporations
    who have a dispute concerning money or property. The party suing for compensation
    is called the "plaintiff." The party being sued is called the "defendant."
    In a civil case, the jurors must decide if and/or how to compensate the plaintiff
    for any damages. In civil cases, six (6) jurors (three-fourths of the eight
    jurors) must agree on a verdict.

• So if all the information is junk, then how could this be a GPT?

One simply cannot guarantee the performance of something with out of spec measurements (water meter, pressure sender) and reported measurements that make no sense (0.0 bar, input electricity higher than fed to the building).

All this was a test of is the patience of many people.

Not saying that all the information is junk, just the information that has been provided so far. You all should remind yourselves that 6 out of 8 jurors are going to decide this case and only on the information they are provided by the attorneys and witnesses. A good poker player does not give away his hand even under threat of "so called" sanction, which will in the end amount to no more than a slap on the hand anyway. Have any of you actually attended or been a party to a civil suit? I have and believe me its anybody's guess right now who will prevail.

• If you think its so safe go and grab the positive lead on the alternator of your car.

No problem, it's only direct current, but it will knock you on your bum for sure and if you hang on long enough it will stop your heart.

Rionrlty,
    you just demonstrated your "epertise and knowledge" in technical stuff.

No wonder that you gullibly believe Rossi's "successfull 1MW e-cat test / secret customer using 1MW steam for chemical production in a warehouse" farce.

• I think that Jed sums it up for the trolls of Planet Rossi and just think - the real fun is about to get started.

Rossi did not deliver then had the unmitigated audacity to pick a fight that he cannot finish. This is not going to end well for him or his increasingly microcosmic eco-system.

• Oldguy, you keep getting it wrong. This is a copy and paste from the courts web site.

A civil case is usually between two or more persons, companies or corporations
    who have a dispute concerning money or property. The party suing for compensation
    is called the "plaintiff." The party being sued is called the "defendant."
    In a civil case, the jurors must decide if and/or how to compensate the plaintiff
    for any damages. In civil cases, six (6) jurors (three-fourths of the eight
    jurors) must agree on a verdict.

I think you are mistaken.

Rossi chose to use the federal court system not the state court.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_48

Federal Rules of Civil Procedure

(b) Verdict. Unless the parties stipulate otherwise, the verdict must be unanimous and must be returned by a jury of at least 6 members.

In the federal system, whether the trial is criminal or civil, the jury must reach a unanimous verdict.

http://litigation.findlaw.com/…erdicts-be-unanimous.html

• Not saying that all the information is junk, just the information that has been provided so far. You all should remind yourselves that 6 out of 8 jurors are going to decide this case and only on the information they are provided by the attorneys and witnesses. A good poker player does not give away his hand even under threat of "so called" sanction, which will in the end amount to no more than a slap on the hand anyway. Have any of you actually attended or been a party to a civil suit? I have and believe me its anybody's guess right now who will prevail.

wrong, again, in the federal court it must be unanimous: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_48

Rossi seems to be very foolish if he thinks he can withhold the data till the trial and not release during discovery it as the court directed. The defendant has the right to see the evidence claimed against them for a proper defense and it may very well be the case that judge will rule that the evidence will not be permissible during the trial if not given in discovery. Without data Rossi's case that it was a successful GPT will fall.

see:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_37

Rule 37. Failure to Make Disclosures or to Cooperate in Discovery; Sanctions

(ii) prohibiting the disobedient party from supporting or opposing designated claims or defenses, or from introducing designated matters in evidence;

• However, since it is blindingly obvious to all except a few strange people here that Rossi has not a snowball's chance in hell of winning the $89M, the real issue is the counter-suit. I'm not sure, for that, whether Rossi needs to reveal anything about his defence in advance? Also, I'm not sure what matters that he might try to reveal later to defend himself are in any case covered by Discovery. Any ideas?

Regards, THH

• THH Yes, Rossi's chance of winning against IH is almost non-existent.

Not sure about the counter suit. The same unanimous verdict requirements are in place for that.

However, I would not doubt that Penon or some other co-defendant in the counter suit may turn "state's evidence" against him in a plea deal.

The fact that two have fled the country likely means they must have doubts and fears. You don't just flee your native country and leave family behind without some "fear" of some kind.

I hope we get some information about the site visit this week. I wonder if Bass and Johnson will be along for that visit.

I would expect Johnson since he is the "president" of that customer rented site.

I would not doubt that Johnson could be "turned" since he has so much to loose and it doesn't look good for him with all those emails.

My hope is that the countersuit will end up with Rossi paying some back to IH and that money can be directed by IH to "real researchers" in the field. A few million in the hands of people like Miley, Letts, Mizuno, Biberian, Swartz.... could work wonders.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.