Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Official Post

DNI, Paradigmnoia,

Sorry about the delayed response. Did the Mardi Gras thing in New Orleans yesterday (was not one of the ones run over :) ). Thanks for the pictures of Domenico Fioravanti. I had searched for one to show Dewey a few months back, so he could compare it to James Bass... just in case Bass was the "Nato Colonel", but could not find. As it turned out, there is a real James Bass that lives in the Miami area...so dead end on my part

I know it sounds as if I am fixated on Penon, seeing him playing multiple roles as the Nato Colonel/Domenico Fioravanti/Cures, but I think I can make a reasonable case, so here goes:

Shortly after the 28 Oct 2011 1MW acceptance test, Rossi named Fioravanti as the Nato Colonel who accepted for the military. Nothing new there. The next spring Rossi identified him further by his internet avatar as "Cures":

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012…rossi-statement-on-cures/

"Dear Antonella:

About the tests: the precise dates will be decided in an agreement that we should reach at the beginning of September: obviously we have to accept their needs.
    About Cures: He has been identified as Domenico Fioravanti, it appears that the data from the test made on July 16th comes from him. If it is true, it is due to an excess of enthusiasm for the results, that have been obtained in a test directed by him and by 6 Professors from two Universities."

As you see, Rossi now has Fioravanti "directing in a test". That test Rossi is referring to was the first Hotcat test in July 2012 -redone in August 2012:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012…is-september-10th-or-8th/

"According to Rossi, the published report will bear the signatures of those involved in the testing, which include Domenico Fioravanti (a.k.a. Cures), and six professors from two universities."

In that, you can see how Rossi further connects Fioravanti (what ever happened to those 6 professors?) to the first Hotcat test saying he was "involved", and the Hotcat report will "bear his signature".

As it turned out, the only signature on that Hotcat report was Fabio Penon's, and the report to this day is called "The Penon Report":

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012…e-e-cat-report-published/

Of course, I am going mostly by Rossisays, so no telling what the actual truth is. It is clear though, that he linked Fioravanti/Nato Colonel/Cures together as one and the same, and then many times connected Fioravanti to the first Hotcat. Then, when the report was finally released, Fioravanti disappeared from the picture for good, and Penon surfaced for the first of many to come. So there is a little reasoning to my thinking I hope.

Bear in mind also, that after many searched at that time for him, unless I missed something, no one could find a Domenico Fioravanti that fit the picture, which was the reason Gary Wright put out a "wanted poster", for information leading to his real identity.

So Dewey, there is your picture...does it look like Penon?

• Shane D. ,

The Penon Report was (supposedly) written by someone else, and then just signed with a cover note by Penon saying that he saw a similar test.

Unless you mean the other one, where the ecat was opened up.

Without checking, I forget which one has 'cures' in the file name path for the Optris screen.

Your Penon-Fioravanti idea is not as far-fetched as many in this forum. But Cures the person in videos and Cures the one who posted and did tests and was supposedly also representing a Customer, could be different people for various reasons.

• Official Post

Para,

That is as far as I am willing to dig into this. The only reason I even brought it up was when you linked to that Popsci article from way back then, where Rossi told the reporter about the retired colonel working on the Hotcat. Then my overactive imagination took control of me. :)

We can find out all these details when Rossi publishes his book "My story: How I fooled a bunch of smart people...hehehe".

• It would never surprise me that they were one and the same, explained away by the need to keep his real identity secret due his previous work with nato. It reminds me of the bunch of characters the the director Ed Wood picked up and used in all his low budget films :)

Well Dewey??

• Now, if one were to open the circuit from the alternator to the battery, and hang on to the alternator end, in the days before soft start digital voltage regulators were tied into the emissions control, you might get an exciting surprise.

You are talking about cars, arent't you?

Alternators used in cars are internally working with 3 phases, so you have AC, but you need DC for the cars electric/electronic, so there is a rectifier.

Standard output voltage of all modern cars alternators is about 14V DC provided by the alternator or about 12V DC provided by the battery (engine stopped, alternator not running).

That's low voltage and not dangerous in any way. Even if you connect plus to one part of your body and another part of your body to minus (chassis), there is enough resistance in your body (about 1000 Ohm) to limit the current to so low amps, that you will not sense it. (I = U/R -> 14V/1000 Ohms = 0,014 A = 14mA).

Dangerous voltages starts at 25V AC and 60V DC, dangerous current starts at about 30mA, it's also time depending.

Soft start or digital voltage regulator doesn't matter.

PlugIn Hybrid Cars or Battery Electric Vehicles have additional high voltage batteries (traction batteries), operating a about 250 up to 400 volts. That's of course dangerous and can be producing deadly current through your body.

• When the reference voltage is removed from a 14V alternator by disconnecting it from the battery, which stabilizes the voltage, very high voltages can be made, (until the rectifier fails).

The welder conversion is like this, as are some Ford cars which used direct A/C stator output and over driven voltage to defrost the windshield with high voltage and a special resistance coating. Not all alternators can do this; some have output reference for voltage, but many use ignition side reference for voltage, which can be troublesome as things get older.

My favorite overvoltage alternator output failure disasters I saw were from newbies hooking up a cheap amp gauge to their car (to look cool, comes with oil pressure ect.), with tiny wires that roasted pretty quick, and then 100+ volts runs through the ignition circuit blowing every connected bulb and computerized device in a brilliant flash of light.

• When the reference voltage is removed from a 14V alternator by disconnecting it from the battery, which stabilizes the voltage, very high voltages can be made, (until the rectifier fails).

[...]

Thanks Para, didn't kow that.

I'm a certified coach/trainer in automotive electrics (low and high voltage).

So I'm teaching new employees who have no electrical education in automotive electric knowledge, so they can safely work on modern vehicles.

I'll keep you statement in mind.

If somebody wants to hurt himself or others, there is always a way to do it :).

So now, we can stop this off topic posts? :)

• Official Post

I was mixing up reports above. The 'Penon Report' is the same as the one with the ecat cut open, and does have 'cures' in the file name path (see the bottom of the IR image screen shots).

Para,

Did not see Cures on the Penon report anywhere. You sure about that? Lewan linked to the full report here:

https://animpossibleinvention.…ss.com/2016/05/penon5.pdf

Lewan also said this 10 months ago about that test:

The HotCat report from August 2012, signed by Penon, containing a few notable errors, was not written by Penon. Penon assisted at a test on August 7, 2012, repeating an experiment made on July 16, 2012. The report was written on the July test, and Penon was only confirming that similar results were obtained on the August test. Penon told me this in an interview in September, 2012. You could of course accuse Penon of not having studied the original report sufficiently before signing it, but the errors were not a result of Penon’s work.

Notice he says Penon did not write the report, but in that report Penon says he "conducted" it. Also, you mention that Penon report "is the same as the one with the Ecat cut open". For one, the only Ecat I remember cut open was the 6 Oct 2011 one. And that was the low temp, or regular old Ecat. While Penon, throughout his report, calls the reactor he tested an Ecat, it was actually a Hotcat. When Rossi first introduced the Hotcat, he called it a high temp Ecat, and a few other names before Hotcat was settled on.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.