Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Simultaneously he and other IH supporters have started a savage character assassination campaign against Rossi extended to Rossi supporters (Rossi Planet) and, horribile dictu, to NiH LENR.

Peter, you seem to have forgotten the uncommonly horrible series of postings from Sifferkol that preceded Dewey's appearance here, which were far more savage character assassination (and unhinged and false) than anything that has appeared since he (thankfully) left. That was the character assassination that needed to be confronted head-on, which, thankfully, it was.

• Companies like Brillouin and BLP (for which you admit to know little about) are presently attracting very significant amounts of funding.

Mills would not agree that what BrLP are doing is LENR, even though they probably are. But I would nonetheless not include BrLP, which have no truck with LENR researchers, among LENR research, as their association will damage the LENR field if they are mixed together.

[Removed subsequent discussion that on further thought I'm not willing to defend.]

• Mills would not agree that what BrLP are doing is LENR, even though they probably are. But I would nonetheless not include BrLP, which have no truck with LENR researchers, among LENR research, as their association will damage the LENR field if they are mixed together.

Right. I fear that Brillouin may actually be headed down a similar path of vaporware as BrLP. They keep getting funding, but we don't have anything like convincing evidence yet other than what amounts to anecdote without a full report being released.

• Peter, you seem to have forgotten the uncommonly horrible series of postings from Sifferkol that preceded Dewey's appearance, which were far more savage character assassinations (and unhinged and false) than anything that has appeared since he (thankfully) left. That was the character assassination that needed to be confronted head-on, which, thankfully, it was.

Eric,

come please with your chronology- I will come with mine I think you are on CMNS where Dewey started paternalizing and applying Commandment 3- we (IH) are NORMALITY any- body thinking differently has mental problems.

It is easy but time consuming to establish who started, when.

I have decided to give full support to Rossi when I have seen in which dirty ways, and how uselessly he is attacked by his former partners - I thought

all the time the Trial is about a technology not a person.

And I am not alone, Rossi-assassination was/is weak, unelegant, strategy acting as a boomerang, I predict.

This campaign can be part of the trial or not.

But the aim of the activity here by Dewey and his followers is to paint Rossi in black (not fantasy, he told it crystal-clearly) more than demonstrating

the technology is not working. Ethics? You know,

you decide

peter

• Right. I fear that Brillouin may actually be headed down a similar path of vaporware as BrLP.

While this is certainly possible, I hold a little more hope and this is because of SRI.

SRI has a reputation to maintain and I would think that if there was not at least some fair amount of positive evidence, we would not have seen them attaching themselves to the project. I realize that Brillouin is paying them, but again, I still think they would have probably not allowed their name to be used so freely if they were certain there was no positive test results at all. There is still much to be proved, no doubt. And then, even can it be commercialized.

However, I had given up on Rossi and when IH was uncovered as being a backer, it really raised my hopes of Rossi having something. Look how that turned out!:rolleyes:

However, SRI has more riding on testing accuracy reputation than IH, which was investment and not so technical. Also, while it does not prove they have a working technology, Brillouin seems to be much more legitimate as far as a standard business mode of operation. I have not seen the telltale scam signs such as with Rossi and Steorn.

I would agree that BrLP seems to be a never ending money pit. Always something 6 months down the road and showing some "bright light" demo when more funding is needed. My understanding is that they have raised / took a lot more money that Rossi ever got.

But who knows?:/

• Right. I fear that Brillouin may actually be headed down a similar path of vaporware as BrLP. They keep getting funding, but we don't have anything like convincing evidence yet other than what amounts to anecdote without a full report being released.

it is not clear (at least to me) that Brillouin has running experiments- only asking for money to do more. I am not sure they should be listed on my active today list of experiments. I would like to see a list of groups actually doing experiments now, today, this hour. Not last month or maybe next month.

• What is the title of this thread ?

Why Do You mention Brilloin and others here, when we want to talk about Rossi vs. Darden developments ???

Is there any reasonable explanation for this kind of off-topic-discussion, not being observed and blocked by any admin ?

• Dr. Ling's report speaks for itself.

Yes, it does. It is wishful thinking and exaggeration. It lists organizations such as KAIST where there was never any research, and BARC where there hasn't been any in 20 years. It lists defunct organizations that never had funding or did any research. Basically, it lists any organization where anyone is on record saying something nice about cold fusion.

If this is the best evidence you have for the revitalization of cold fusion, you have nothing.

Companies like Brillouin and BLP (for which you admit to know little about) are presently attracting very significant amounts of funding.

Yes. BLP has reportedly spent tens or hundreds of millions. They have nothing to show for it; they say their effect is not cold fusion; and they are hostile toward cold fusion. Again, is this the best you can come up with? Is this supposed to be good news? What would bad news look like, if this is good?

India, Russia, and Japan have all recently announced new government-funded initiatives.

There is no government-funded initiative in Japan. There was talk of one a few years ago, but nothing came of it. Since I speak Japanese and I am touch with the researchers there, I know more about this than Ling does, or you do.

I do not know of any successful initiative in India. I am sure I would have heard from Srinivasan if there was one. I know that he and others are trying to interest the government, but they have not succeeded.

• What is the title of this thread ?

Why Do You mention Brilloin and others here, when we want to talk about Rossi vs. Darden developments ???

Is there any reasonable explanation for this kind of off-topic-discussion, not being observed and blocked by any admin ?

Welcome to LENR Forum. Take a moment to read through some of the threads and familiarize yourself with the place. Feel free to leave the moderation to the mods and admins. Rest assured that this thread will return to topic with the next set of documents that come along.

• I do not think he knows it.

I have toldmy opinion; more important wlli be the opinion of the Judge- it can be positive, it can be negative- we'll see.

Jed, you seem to suggest that I am unable to distinguish truth from untruth

as in the case of your witnesses clairvoyants seeing how a very standard watermeter is lying quadrupling constantly the flow.

You tell only the truth, you are right, inerrant

But today you hav told something like cold fusion is dead (two days ago it was going to produce 1/3 of the worlds electric power.

peter

• Official Post

I know the arguments I used to defend Lugano, to defend Rossi, as a possible success, as an improbable absense of reality.

I know where I've been manipulated.

Everyone can be fooled, but this is serious when you fool yourself.

By the way, I remind someone (serious guy, interested in LENR) talking about those liars who believes in their lies..."the worst kind".

The worst for me is when you see people you appreciate and respect fall into their web, like some into alcohol.

I wait for the judgement. Who fooled me ? sure some did. I hope the judge will be wise.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.