Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• JedRothwell

Maybe your old friends and acquaintances have stopped notifying you because you are such a buzz kill.

• This makes no sense. If the old experiment is wrong, there is nothing to replicate. The effect has never been seen, and it probably does not exist.

Skilled people at I.H. spent a year looking for it, and found nothing, so I doubt there is anything to be found. If it does not exist, it isn't important. Right?

I suppose you might say "testing to see if the Rossi effect exists is important." But apart from Rossi's notoriety, I do not see why this particular claim is especially important. If I won the lottery, I would pay people to check 10 or 20 different claims. This one does not deserve a high priority. As I said, it was already checked by I.H. Assuming it does exist, what makes it more important than other claims? Lots of cold fusion effects might exist, and have been reported from time to time. Cold fusion with Ti and Au have been replicated. So I guess that makes them more promising than Rossi's unconfirmed nanoparticle Ni claim.

IH intended to steal the technology from Rossi so they would have had a lot of reason to lie about success. It's a lot easier to steal a technology that is deemed worthless.

• More worthless speculation. Just stop.

• Jed, they simply do not want you stealing their technology, or trashing their results on the Internet.

• IH intended to steal the technology from Rossi so they would have had a lot of reason to lie about success.

That would do no good. That strategy would not work. After I.H. steals it and begins selling it, the whole world would know it is real, and Rossi could then easily win any lawsuit, for practically any amount. The fact that I.H. initially persuaded people on the internet that the technology does not work, or even initially persuaded a jury, would make no difference once the money starts coming in.

• Here is the plan:

http://www.nedo.go.jp/content/100798677.pdf

This says the budget is $1 million per year for 20 years.

Here is the HTML main page for the project, 2016 edition:

http://www.nedo.go.jp/koubo/CA1_100134.html

I can't find a 2017 update. But the headline now says this is for 2017 (Heisei 29). You can Google translate this. Here is the budget in Google translate:

"III. Scale of R & D theme · NEDO burden ratio

About 100 million yen / (year · matter) (consigned: NEDO burden ratio 100%)

(Note) In the case of implementation only by universities / public research institutions, the scale is limited to 20 million yen."

100 million yen = $1 million

If only universities and public research institutions are involved, the budget will be $200,000. Bear in mind this is for 15 different topics. Which is not to say they will get RFPs on all 15. As they say in Japanese, this amount of money amounts to sparrow's tears.

The "opening period" for RFPs was last year, Heisei 28 (2016)

There is an inexplicable error in the Google translate. It got the year wrong:

公募開始予定日: 平成29年1月上旬

Scheduled start date of public offering: early January Heisei 30 [SHOULD BE 29!]

(Heisei 29 = 2017. Heisei 30 = 2018, next year)

Somewhere in all this verbiage I think I saw that the program is slated to last 20 years.

• IFHB, I think this proves that your real name is Bagdad Bob.:)

Despite our differences, you and I share a strange wavelength. With the release of the recent Dewey/Darden scheming documents, Dewey stepped up his "IH is going to expose you rotten cockroaches" attacks to a whole new level. And I couldn't get images of Baghdad Bob out of my mind.

• Wyttenbach: I realise that you like arguing your case. But, what I can only call dishonest representation, does not advance your case.

IH made the Lugano reactor: If they now make everybody claim ..

The whole point of my post was that TD's e-mail was contemporaneous, and to an investor, not public. You leave this crucial, and logically important, information from your quote of my post. It would only have been another 10 words, deleted from the middle of what you quote. Nor do you provide any explanation that coheres with this inconvenient documentation.

In the case of Abd's comprehensive analysis I have yet to hear your detailed critique. Criticising Abd as being dishonest, rather than pointing out the errors in his argument, is typical of you but a poor show.

• That would do no good. That strategy would not work. After I.H. steals it and begins selling it, the whole world would know it is real, and Rossi could then easily win any lawsuit, for practically any amount. The fact that I.H. initially persuaded people on the internet that the technology does not work, or even initially persuaded a jury, would make no difference once the money starts coming in.

He could have given it to one of the other researchers they claim to be supporting, had them present it as their own and completely circumvented Rossi. If you think there wouldn't be takers for that amount of money then you are much more naive than I thought. This is where the grown-ups spin their webs and nobody invests that much money and doesn't play the game for keeps.

• So - I wanted to understand in more detail the [PROPOSED] Order 160.1 on the docket. It is, apparently, a necessary part of the legal process that anyone asking for Sanctions enclose a proposed order, sort of like telling your parents what you want for Christmas:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…-can-it-get/#comment-1632

That was what I expected - just slightly weird that Plaintiff's get to write such a thing in this form.

Abd, while viewed as corrupt and in league with the Evil Empire by a few here, has proved to be a reliable and well-informed resource for decoding this legal stuff.

• Very little money, about an year ago, all officially declared coming from the Fulvio Fabiani company.

BTW it was a real work that produced a student thesis, and two internship reports by students.

In Italy no professor from any faculty can do any work with an industry if there is not an official contract approved by University.

Searching FB I have found the image of the board that was developed and produced.

https://www.facebook.com/photo…5130292485&type=3&theater

Did you never heard the definition of: "conflict of interest" in your country? (I hope you don't live in a "banana republic")

Regardless the "little money" (little it's just a your opinion), is this a clear case of the above definition or not?

• "Last time i checked in on the situation the government had initiated half a dozen projects.

If that were true, Srinivasan or someone else in India would have reported it at the ICCF conference, or some other conference. We would have heard about it. Things like public funding of experiments in cold fusion are not kept secret.

Nothing like that was described in the 2015 issue of Current Science:"

In March 2016 a follow up meeting of LENR India was held at the National Institute of Advanced studies in Bangalore. At that meeting almost a dozen institutes and universities agreed to initiate CF research. This was catalysed due to much attention in the Rossi reactor, the Lugano experiments and the Parkhomov replications. Also claims of replications from other Russian and Chinese research groups.

Then in April as IH contested the test claims and the subsequent court battle followed - still ongoing - the interest and enthusiasm diminished. At the moment there are only three groups involved in LENR+ (Ni - H) technology tests. The situation is such - the groups are waiting for more information to come out. At the moment, other options for moving forward with CF research is being considered.

I was surprised to get this update because I had not anticipated the interest was so big for LENR+, I had assumed the new initiatives for funding was more general and more focused on Pd type of core research. Apparently, they where mostly interested in Nickel Hydrogen technology.

• Then in April as IH contested the test claims and the subsequent court battle followed

Actually, Rossi filed the lawsuit, not IH.

He filed it before the payment was due.

IH is defending themselves in that they signed paperwork and terms agreement clearly stating that the Doral facility was not a test at all but the rental of the plant and sale of heat for 2 years. Nor was it setup, specified nor protocols put in place to be a GPT. There was to test claim to dispute.

Then IH filed a counter suit after Rossi filed his lawsuit, claiming and showing much evidence of blatant fraud. Specifically with the Doral event and complicit evidence that the prior tests (Lugano etc.) that were signed off on, prior to Doral could also be fraudulent.

If the Doral facility actually was legit, Rossi could easily have shown there was 1) A real customer 2) The customer could have shown they made real product 3) The customer and "chief engineer" could have shown the COP.... (consumed heat versus electrical input from FLP). Case closed. But they do not.... why? None of it was real.

If people are "holding off" on doing LENR research, it is not because IH. It is because Rossi staged the whole event and most people see that clearly. Lugano has been analyzed and found defective at best. Possibly fraud involved as well. (Rossi and Fabiani were there 100% of the test and the professors only occasionally visiting, how much we do not know yet) What else is there for people to base spending research dollars on... "The Quark"? :/

I certainly believe, as you state, that people are holding off on spending money doing research, but it is not because of IH contesting test claims. It is because Rossi's actions have been exposed. If all these people and institutions truly saw the historical data supported the reality of the eCat and they believed Rossi, why would they stop because of a lawsuit? It does not effect them in the least!

No, Rossi has been exposed and these institutions see this. The trial is not going to decide if the NI-H LENR works or not. The trial is going to decide if Doral was a GPT and if the results met the contract agreement. (6 unit, signed and dated, started after a certain period, 350 out of 400 days, certain cop, etc.)

A not so subtle difference from "as IH contested" in my opinion.:thumbup:

• He could have given it to one of the other researchers they claim to be supporting, had them present it as their own and completely circumvented Rossi.

That would not work. There is a paper trail of patent filings and experiments proving that Rossi invented the device. Rossi could easily prove this claim is false.

You scenarios fail for common sense reasons.

• That would not work. There is a paper trail of patent filings and experiments proving that Rossi invented the device. Rossi could easily prove this claim is false.

You scenarios fail for common sense reasons.

IH will claim that Rossi's patents are invalid (oh wait, they already have). Then, when me356 provides his information more openly and/or when BLP introduces their first complete prototype to the public, IH will once again claim to be working with NiH systems, while proceeding with their own patent filings, partnering with a manufacturer, and eventually introducing their own IH-cat.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.