Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• What optimistic interview? Please be specific. I see where Darden is optimistic about LENR in general but fail to see the same optimism later with Rossi. Can you spell out your reference for me or is it just your words?

IHSupporter, I had already linked and quoted it twice and thought three times is needless repetition, but here's the quote:

-------------------------------
    Q: So you licensed the technology of Andrea Rossi, an Italian scientist and entrepreneur who’s been having some success with cold fusion.

A: That’s right. Rossi's was one of the first investments we made. We’ve been seeing the creation of isotopes and energy releases at relatively low temperatures—1,000 degrees centigrade, which could be a sign that fusion has occurred. We have sponsored tests and more research for Rossi’s work. A group of Swedish scientists tested the technology, and they got good results. A number of other people say they are also getting positive results but these haven’t been confirmed. A Russian scientist, for example claims to have replicated Rossi’s work in Switzerland and got excess heat. That’s a good sign.

Q: So you’re optimistic?

A: Yes, In fact, Rossi was awarded an important U.S. patent recently, which is part of what we licensed, covering the use of nickel, platinum or palladium powders, as well as other components, in his heat-producing device. This is one of very few LENR-related patents to date.

http://fortune.com/2015/09/27/…-energy-nuclear-reaction/
    ---------------------------------

And that's one year after the emissivity email Paradigmnoia liked.

• Yes many alternatives. That is why Rossi will have a hard time proving his attacks against IH which is presumed innocent.

I hesitate to correct this, but it seems to come up so often, it is probably worth mentioning again. Civil disputes are not a matter of innocence or guilt. They are primarily a matter of liability (money damages) and sometimes injunctive relief (meaning, the judge requires someone to do something or stop doing something).

• So what you're saying is that there is no historical trace for IH/Cherokee concluding that there was no excess heat in 2015 or 2016,

I am not assuming anything. I just don't feel like doing your homework for you. Why should I spoon feed you information when I know you will reject it? Find it yourself. I know for sure I.H. had doubts about Rossi long ago because they told me they did. Any half-wit looking at a preliminary report from Penon with that data would see it is fake. So of course they had doubts!

• thanks, I missed that.

But I do know when he was asked about optimism he said: "We don’t know for sure yet whether it will be commercially feasible. We’ve invested more than $10 million so far in Rossi’s and other LENAR technology and we’ll spend substantially more than that before we know for certain because we want to crush all the tests."

So he was optimistic but was uncertain about if the tech was commercially feasible and wanted tests to be sure.

I would think it refers to both Rossi and "other LENAR technology".

• No, must is a strong word.

Well, nothing is certain in this life, true. But the physical evidence from Smith in 235-10 (including a clear photo of the 6 pumps) could easily be disproved by Rossi if not true. The argument about 4 Tigers making 1MW (which Rossi promulgated on his blog and is consistent with deposition evidence) could be contradicted by Rossi if wrong.

And, there is no evidence to suppose Rossi has the claimed disruptive technology. So where there is a very flawed test, as here, it is incorrect to assume it has evidential value, as you do.

The available facts weigh very strongly against your repeated and illogical arguments here. You dismiss most of this evidence by claiming complete technical ignorance. But I think - even as somone self-professed to be unable to evaluate anything with numbers, your position now shows clear bias.

• Smith assumed that every pump was active and working at 100% of capacity. That would only produce half of the claimed flow.

I agree that Smith made assumptions. Smith assumed that he knew how many pumps were active. On what did he base that assumption? On an obscure entry in Fabiana's logbook. He made an assumption that there are only six pumps per BF. Do you know this is a fact? How? He made the assumption that there are no other active pumps. He made the assumption that no other e-Cat besides the BFs were in operation. He made all kinds of assumptions.

The water was reportedly filthy. I have often pumped filthy water out of
    my house crawl space and my pond. Based on my experience, I doubt they
    worked at full capacity. They get clogged up. You run some clean water
    through them and the water starts to gush out again.

Who reported that the water was filthy? I never remember seeing the water described in that way. Can you please provide a cite? Barry worried about some rust from the BFs, but I don't remember him ever calling the water filthy. In every reference I've seen, the water is referred to as being distilled.

He made an assumption that there are only six pumps per BF. Do you know this is a fact? How? He made the assumption that there are no other active pumps. He made the assumption that no other e-Cat besides the BFs were in operation. He made all kinds of assumptions.

He examined the physical evidence not spoliated by Rossi (the e-cats) from which all those facts can be ascertained. he also put photos of his evidnece in his report. If you which to assume he lied, that is up to you i guess.

• You dismiss most of this evidence by claiming complete technical ignorance. But I think - even as somone self-professed to be unable to evaluate anything with numbers, your position now shows clear bias.

Have I ever claimed complete technical ignorance, or even technical ignorance? I think you and others here might have a simple-minded approach to evidence. And what you are fed by IH is taken in nearly without question. I think Smith's recent report is quite revealing. I bet he would never state under oath half of what he wrote in it.

• The comments of those who attempt to defend Rossi or the E-Cat technology are vapid, destructive and ignorant, and the absurdly narcissistic notion that they are 'nuanced' or 'balanced' or from a perspective that 'just wants the truth' are pathetic (at best).

It demonstrates that there is seemingly no limit to the amount of self-deception that some humans are capable of

Those fanboys who (still) struggle and fight for Rossi, because - in their point of view - there is still not enough evidence that Rossi is running a charade... Well, those guys may want to consider to defend 419 scammers also.

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm
    After all, there isn't any absolute proof that Mr. Barrister Ibru wont share a million bucks with me, right?

Have I ever claimed complete technical ignorance, or even technical ignorance? I think you and others here might have a simple-minded approach to evidence. And what you are fed by IH is taken in nearly without question. I think Smith's recent report is quite revealing. I bet he would never state under oath half of what he wrote in it.

Yes, you claimed technical ignorance (inability to work out heat dissipation eqns from a web calculator) over the Wong report.

Now however, you accuse an expert of lying with no evidence except your own bias? The key evidence from Smith is verifiable, so if he did lie it would do IH no good.

With such partiality you are doomed to reach unreal conclusions.

• I agree that Smith made assumptions. Smith assumed that he knew how many pumps were active. On what did he base that assumption?

NO he did not assume that! You completely misunderstand. He said that IF EVERY SINGLE PUMP is turned on to highest level, and they all work correctly, THEN the flow will be 3 gpm, which is half of what is claimed.

An "assumption" would be that half of them were running, or that they were clogged with crud so they did not work at full capacity. Smith made no such assumptions. He just looked up the maximum capacity of the pumps and multiplied by the number of pumps.

• Not sure that it has been fully pointed out before, or at least not with all dots connected, but "Florida Energy Trust" appears to be the smoking gun showing financial ties between Rossi and Fulvio Fabiani / USQL.

In exhibit 238 - 45, page 50, Rossi states that Leonardo Florida is officially owned by "Florida Energy Trust", and that he is the sole benificiary:

Meanwhile, a search of the Florida Dept of State website for corporate records shows that "Florida Energy Trust" is an equal manager (along with Fabiani) of USQL

(Sunbiz USQL filing)

Again, add this to the heap of evidence of strong ties between those 2 (particularly Fabiani's testimony that he's extremely close with Rossi's wife), but this again shows a vehicle for financial co-mingling.

I know some don't like this connection being mentioned, but given that Rossi is directly financial linked to USQL, it does make it even more questionable (at least as far as appearances go) for USQL to have made financial contributions that either benefited Levi or at least supported his work (the donation to fund "pinball thesis" research @ UNIBO) .

• It is less about defending Rossi and more about revealing the holes in IH. IH, in my opinion, has damaged the LENR field not helped it.

Not that I would care much about who harmed the LENR field most (Rossi, IH, or those LENR proponents who proved to be extremely gullible) - but why do you think it is IH who did most harm?
    Would you mind to elaborate a bit more?

• Yes, you claimed technical ignorance (inability to work out heat dissipation eqns from a web calculator) over the Wong report.

Please provide a link where I made your supposed claim of technical ignorance. I think you are making stuff up (forgive me for using a Jedism).

Now however, you accuse an expert of lying with no evidence except your own bias? The key evidence from Smith is verifiable, so if he did lie it would do IH no good.

With such partiality you are doomed to reach unreal conclusions.

No, I said that I bet he wouldn't state half of what he said in the report under oath. Do you want to take that bet with me?

• @Jed

No he didn't say that. He focused on the BFs only, and assumed that each BF had only six pumps, and thus arrived at his total number of pumps from that. He didn't take any of the other e-Cats into account, or explore whether there might have been other pumps associated with the BFs.

• Who reported that the water was filthy? I never remember seeing the water described in that way. Can you please provide a cite? Barry worried about some rust from the BFs, but I don't remember him ever calling the water filthy. In every reference I've seen, the water is referred to as being distilled.

Let me help you with that. The After photo is in early 2015, so the water got filthy rather quickly. I bet that rust left some telltale stains inside pipes, meters etc.

Oh, yeah. That's water being pumped into the reactors...

• Is the water simply filthy or was Rossi putting something into it for some reason?

From 235-07 of the Court Docket we learn that the fuel is "injected".

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.