Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• It has the date in the picture. Look in the little window on the top left. It says, "Currently shown: Apr 2015." You can move the slider to see other dates.

You can have an "April 2015" image in the upper lefthand corner overlaid on top of a streetview image from another year, as you have to actually click on the upper lefthand image to switch to that year.

• as you have to actually click on the upper lefthand image to change to that year.

Yes. I did. You can tell this image shows the month and year in the slider because there is no magnifying glass icon in the bottom right of the selection window. Also, it doesn't say "Currently shown."

Here is the actual screen:

https://www.google.com/maps/@2…0000!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

If you move the car a little down the road, you get many fewer date choices in the slider. The data from earlier dates is not available. Coincidence?!? I don't think so. This is FUD. It's a CONSPIRACY, and Google is in on it.

• Military organizations are large and you can always find a few people in them you can fool. There were many others in the U.S. military he did not fool. I have been in touch with them. They never believed a word he said.

Very interesting!

Wonder if Melich belongs to the first group (the "few people") or to the second one (the "many others").

Wonder, also, since when JR has been in touch with the so many never fooled people.

• It has the date in the picture. Look in the little window on the top left. It says, "Currently shown: Apr 2015." You can move the slider to see other dates.

OK, it looks to me to be from 2015. I now think Paradigmnoia has the correct date. The screen picture matches the timeline picture and there are construction pylons on the grass indicating it's from 2015.

I've been trying to find this view and cannot. I know (sometimes?) there is a view coming from the other direction which would have occurred at a different time but I cannot get myself over to the other lane. I'll keep trying to confirm but so far I cannot find this view. This view would definitely throw out any conjecture of screens etc.

Edit: OK I found it: https://www.google.com/maps/@2…0000!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• That is clearly a reflection of clouds that we're seeing, despite imaginative suggestions that it might be steam instead.

Yes, I agree that in that picture we can clearly see glass panes reflecting. And I agree with you that orange and white road construction signage (plus the dark water stains and state of the grass) all indicate it is from the same period as the April 2015 google pics. The only problem is that I cannot find that specific picture in google streetview. I agree with Jed that the "currently shown" means that the picture we are seeing comes from April 2015. One other difference is that the signs in the picture supplied by Paradigmnoia are laid out on the grass, whereas in the google streetview pictures they are standing upright on the street. I would love to get a direct link to that picture on google streetview. But yeah, if confirmed it's very damning.

• Yes, I agree that in that picture we can clearly see glass panes reflecting. And I agree with you that orange and white road construction signage (plus the dark water stains and state of the grass) all indicate it is from the same period as the April 2015 google pics. The only problem is that I cannot find that specific picture in google streetview. I agree with Jed that the "currently shown" means that the picture we are seeing comes from April 2015. One other difference is that the signs in the picture supplied by Paradigmnoia are laid out on the grass, whereas in the google streetview pictures they are standing upright on the street. I would love to get a direct link to that picture on google streetview. But yeah, if confirmed it's very damning.

https://www.google.com/maps/@2…0000!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Not the exact view from Paradigmnoia but a good view of the middle window with reflections.

• So when the water level in the condensate header is about 2m high, then obviously also inside the "serpentine pipes" the water level must be at the same height - which doesn't leave any much pipelength left which could be filled with steam (and works as a condenser).

Unless, of course, the bypass to the mezzanine heat exchanger is open, which means the condensate header is coming down a separate pathway back to the JMP box and into the return condensate pipe.

• So, E48 on ECW has replied to my reply, kindly posted by LENRG. The ECW moderators, who think I and Paradigmnoia should be banned, are very weird. P and I must surely contribute a decent amount of tech stuff however objectionable our opinions are, and neither of us is obviously trollish. The affect of such an ECW policy is to ban one side of the technical argument, which benefits no-one.

I'll give my reply below E48's picture. I'm sorry for the tortuous nature of this exchange!

E48 says in reply to my post above:

Each Tiger raw condensate flow from the gravity feed condensate pipe has a manually adjusted flow valve, the Yellow butterfly wings in these images.

Any sharp eye can see them.

52f4f09bb45e5399a06877820a79a4c22ad4bafd29d097816b7657f0f07d802e.png

Ok, so I note that E48 has made one specific point, which is that there is clear photographic evidence of a common feed line to all the BF units, which is a valve-enabled line going from it to each unit. It also possibly has a vent at the end - although this could equally be closed of tubing.

Where part company is in supposing this to be evidence of a gravity-feed in parallel with the pumps. This same plumbing is needed to feed the pumps anyway, so it implies nothing more than what is needed anyway. The valves would be expected to isolate a BF for maintenance etc and are no sign of a gravity feed in parallel with the pump.

I also note that independently of this (weak - for the above reason) evidence - my points stand and have not yet been answered by E48.

• Back to the glass, are we?

First, (again), the street view is better from the far traffic lane. There are two traffic lanes from which to view the building.

Second, many of the windows in the building have paper or blinds of some sort sort behind them. It keeps the sun from baking the office areas, and keeps A/C costs down. Scan the entire building front and you can many examples. The paper can be seen taped on to windows in the Wong photo of the mezzanine windows (complete with garbage bag taped on one).

Third, a window screen dense enough to keep bugs out is going to block airflow severely, and foul with bugs and lint in a hurry, with the air flow suggested for the heat exchanger. Such fans as Wong suggested would probably blow (or "suck") a perfectly clean bug screen right out of the opening.

• To those poor souls lapping up a censored diet of Rossi cronyism on ECW - perhaps the discussion here of the window pane issue would be useful? It seems admirably balanced.

Let's see if I've got the summary right:

(1) Rossi said he removed the whole window - and that it was the middle window which was identified as the one immediately to the left of the ground floor doors.

(2) All possible windows are shown with mullions intact on the Nov 2015 photo. The window Rossi says he used, as well as the one above the ground floor doors, also have clear reflections in this picture.

(3) Identifying reflections is pretty hard because they are only visible as such when there is something bright reflected, which is not always the case

(4) A lot of these windows have blind material etc on the inside.

(5) windows all present in Nov 2015 disproves Rossi's heat exchanger even if they are absent at some other times. The heat exchanger, to allow the 1MW to be dissipated, must operate throughout the test.

I'll run with that, unless I've made a mistake.

• Instead, we have people waving their hands and claiming that a pipe at less than 1 atm magically leaks steam from one location and "scoops" up that same steam at another. This is comic-book science.

What is comic-book science is the way you twist the words of others. Can you not imagine a small tab or misplaced piece of tape on a pipe joint that "scoops" up steam and causes a leak? Why is this so hard to fathom?

• Unless, of course, the bypass to the mezzanine heat exchanger is open, which means the condensate header is coming down a separate pathway back to the JMP box and into the return condensate pipe.

So, you agree that the "serpentines" needs to be filled to the same height with water as the level in the "condensate header".

The schematic drawing from E48 doesn't show any additional mezzanine heat exchanger, does it? - So doesn't match with what you suggest now.

Ok, lets assume there is a "bypass" (through a self made / Rossi made butterfly valve - LOL - see Rossi deposion) - can you explain me how the steam would go up into the mezzanine, and the condensate come back? Through some electrical conduits?

• Here is another view from April 2015 of the window right above the entrance. As you can see where circled, there appears to be equipment poking outward. It appears that the screen is pushed beyond the surface plane of the wall by whatever equipment is behind it.

• What is comic-book science is the way you twist the words of others. Can you not imagine a small tab or misplaced piece of tape on a pipe joint that "scoops" up steam and causes a leak? Why is this so hard to fathom?

I can not imagine that something like that would not get caught and fixed in hydrostatic testing before the unit starts up. Typically (read always in real industrial settings) an engineer looks at the system and determines max operating pressure. Then piping is tested at one and a half times maximum operating pressure. Any leaks found are fixed and then tested again before the plant is allowed to operate. Anything like the piece of "tape" you suggest would be found and removed before the plant was put into service. Also, I have never worked at a plant that uses threaded joints in steam service. You always use flanged, welded, or sweated fittings because heating causes expansion of piping which can create leaks in threaded fittings. If you were to use threaded fittings, they would not use Teflon tape to seal the joint but high temperature Teflon paste,

• (2) All possible windows are shown with mullions intact on the Nov 2015 photo. The window Rossi says he used, as well as the one above the ground floor doors, also have clear reflections in this picture.

I'm skeptical of the picture shown in Smith's report. It doesn't really match any of the other Google shots. It hasn't been authenticated, we are left to guess who took the photo, and there is no evidence provided of the claimed date that it was taken.

• Ok, lets assume there is a "bypass" (through a self made / Rossi made butterfly valve - LOL - see Rossi deposion) - can you explain me how the steam would go up into the mezzanine, and the condensate come back? Through some electrical conduits?

No, probably by way of the four pipes that appear to be associated with the JMP container, and which look nothing like electrical conduits. Electrical conduit piping looks like this: https://steeltubeinstitute.org…t/types-of-steel-conduit/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.