Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• The Rossi Effect is indeed real

I am not sure what the Rossi Effect is. He has not stated what he is doing openly.
    I do know that that the idea of H and Ni being active has been around for a long time and was even mentioned in pat. applications in '89. And people like Thermocore and CETI had working systems at low power.

I am not convinced at all that Rossi has controllable thermal output for extended times at high levels. I do not see Rossi as wanting to commercialize LENR. He actually had what he claimed he should have done it in NC and I am sure it would be on the road to commercialization but he did not. He seems to just want to gain money. He could have even gone with public open demos and gotten all the crowd funding he would need to commercialize.

I am sorry but I just don't see any action by Rossi that lead me to believe him. I see no effort by him to do anything support the LENR efforts or to farther scientific knowledge. I see nothing in the filings to support his claims.

• The Rossi Effect is the use of powder mixtures based predominantly on nickel and hydrogen, sometimes with additives such as lithium, used in cold fusion reactors to produce power densities of a thousand watts per gram of fuel, or higher.

This is how I define the Rossi Effect.

And I am confident Andrea Rossi does indeed desire to commercialize his technology. However, like Patterson and his Patterson Power Cell, Rossi wants to retain total control over his technology. This is fine from one point of view, but if this is the case he should have never signed with Industrial Heat in the first place. My guess is that he was desperate for money at the time and perhaps didn't fully understand the extent of his intellectual property and rights he was giving them -- with very little in return other than money. It was a bad deal, but he signed on and should have kept his side of the agreement.

Now, Andrea Rossi is obviously trying to get his IP back under his own control. I don't know if he will be successful or not. But I sincerely believe he will push to get the Quark mass produced. How successful he will be will depend on many factors, including how this lawsuit winds up.

• Official Post

Here we come to the paradox of the clever/stupid confidence trickster. He would not be the first, and in fact may not be a con-man at all. Bad as things looks, we just don't know for sure. If a con-man he has been clever to have fooled everybody for long enough to get a good chunk of money, but also (if a con man) stupid enough to spend a good chunk of it on property in a jurisdiction where it could be grabbed back.

What a mass of contradictions we see. :thumbdown:

• Rossi:

...allow to your Customer-Investors-Visitors to hear from a real Customer that he is making money with our plant...

ROTFWL!!!

MrSelfSustain:

But I sincerely believe he will push to get the Quark mass produced...

(ROTFWL!!!)2

• Alan,

One thing worth pointing out is that Rossi doesn't seem to be living a lavish lifestyle or spending his time vacationing on a beach somewhere, sipping on wine coolers. He is steadfastly working to push his technology forward. If he was a total conman with "nothing" he would have already taken off to live the remainder of his days in some resort. Instead, he launches a lawsuit that would be intentionally suicidal if the boldest of IH's claims were true. He's taking a big risk with the lawsuit, and I feel that he is doing so because the technology is real, does work, and he wants his control over it back. If there was never anything to his technology, the safest thing would have been to keep the 11 million dollars and keep playing along with Industrial Heat, setting up new tests with them, and dragging everything out. He could have kept them occupied for at least a few more years doing so. Instead, he is bringing everything to a head in the near term. His demand for a jury trial makes it clear to me that he firmly believes his evidence is strong.

• @MSS: that assumes Rossi is sane, which, at this point, is questionable. As for dragging things out, I don't think IH would have played along much longer. I bet they were at the end of their rope with Rossi never delivering anything workable. I bet they were about to sue him if he had not sued them.

• I find it interesting that the doc's recently filed (103) show the judge asking- "IH is ordered to produce the agreement referred to in IH’s response to Plaintiff’s Interrogatory No. 16 between Industrial Heat and Woodford Funds pertaining to $150 million in capital availability."

It would seem to indicate that IH had agreements for Woodford to fund them at a high level.
    This blows Rossi claim that they did not have the money argument out of the water.

• Official Post

OG,

Another interesting thing is that IH is still required to provide all their communications with Brillouin Energy. As you know, Rossi is raising a legal fuss about IH giving "his" secrets to Brillouin. With BE's press release yesterday referencing SRI's description of BE's "core"...which sounds very familiar with Rossi's "Energy Catalyzer Wafer", this may be an angle Rossi can exploit. We shall see when all comes public.

• I think I've solved the whole case

Rossi to Darden and co., Sep 10,2012 (exhibit 13):

I got rid of the European big clicense I had to sign. I made a masterpiece making them go

voluntarily .. .I will explain personally.]

Rossi to Darden and co, July 5, 2015 (exhibit 16)

I'll let you all connect the dots!

More of it from the blog:

Andrea Rossi
    May 2, 2016 at 4:39 PM
    “Jacky”:
    The QuarkX will be a very big surprise for everybody. Nobody can imagine what is coming up. I am very pleased of how she is growing up and by the day I become more optimist about the outcome of this new masterpiece of my great Team.

When it comes to Me356, what I find most interesting is how the power of the Rossi Effect scared him away

It wasn't the Rossi heat effect what scared him away.. Once you can produce intensive flux of neutrons on demand, you've neutron bomb in suitcase and the fun is over. You can for example eliminate whole government in a robust building or concrete bunker at once. And not only this - whole the secret of classical nuclear bomb miniaturization is in development of sufficiently effective source of neutrons initiating the fusion. The higher neutrino flux, the smaller the critical mass gets and the less pure the isotope used can be. Instead of weapon-grade uranium you could use much cheaper enriched uranium for nuclear plants and so on.

• On page 2 of the 105-1 attachment, it says,
    "Rather, such a statement is only intended
    to mean that, if documents exist, can be located based on a reasonable search, are in the
    possession, custody or control of Industrial Heat, and are not privileged or otherwise protected
    from discovery on any other applicable ground, they will be produced within forty-five (45)
    days of the date of this Response
    ."

Is this copied right from an Industrial Heat et al response?
    I am either very confused about this attachment, or this sentence makes no sense coming from Leondardo et al.

This was worth a chuckle, too. (page 5, attachment 105-1)
    "It is clear from this request that Defendants seek only
    to harass and intimidate Plaintiffs through this request as Defendants know that some, or all, of the
    above individuals participate in the nomination process for the Nobel Prize and their involvement
    in this matter could jeopardize any consideration Plaintiffs may be receiving for such nomination.
    "

• Nominated for the Nobleprize?
    Maybe for psychology? For finding psychological evidence how easy it is to fool people?
    This case is becoming entertaining

Psychology? I believe better "psychiatry". :D

• "It is clear from this request that Defendants seek only
    to harass and intimidate Plaintiffs through this request as Defendants know that some, or all, of the
    above individuals participate in the nomination process for the Nobel Prize and their involvement
    in this matter could jeopardize any consideration Plaintiffs may be receiving for such nomination."

I'm trying to understand how that would even work. AR turns over emails to/from the Lugano testers, and this is harassment because "some or all" of them participate in the nomination process. Which is it, "some or all?" I'm wondering how AR turning over their communication would jeopardize his Nobel prize. Surely, when he wins his case based on the ERV's scientific report, he will be back at the top of the list of consideration. ?(

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.