Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• The difference between 100.1 and 103+ is significant because it goes to whether the steam was dry or not. You claim it makes no difference, but that is incorrect: the temperature is a crucial measurement to understanding the performance of the plant.

Nope. There is no way the pressure could be that low.

• Dewey - I placed a large bet on CSC (Computer Science Corp.) back in the 'very old days'. Something about the Shah and the CIA and 80% of CSC's real assets at the time were in Iran when they were nationalized. I was pissed. Oh I get it. But now is the time for helping us understand this mess from your point of view. So anything that gives more honest info would be appreciated.

• September is fascinating, The COP makes a massive surge when that one Tiger goes dead.

That makes sense. Suppose 3 tigers are performing at 250 kW, but one drops to zero, still drawing input power of 5kW each: That will drag the COP down to 750/20 = 37.5. Take it off-line, COP has a massive surge to 750/15 = 50. (Numbers for illustration only)

• Alan Fletcher ,

Actually I mixed that up a bit, due to looking at October, when it seemed to be fixed. It is a bit stranger than I thought, but maybe some good explanation exists.

The COP stays roughly steady, but water flow is cut by 1/4, (from August into September), and then when the water is restored to full flow in October, power consumption almost doubles and the COP drops like a rock.

It will take a while to get a nice handle on what is going on there.

• Um... does anyone have the formula worked out to correctly get the reported COP and Produced Energy figures to match up with the data?

I'm close, but not close enough. As far as I can tell, I have the Penon Test Plan formula constructed correctly, and even tried subtracting the heated steam (and used the reduced water number).

In the first row, I end up with about 86.7 COP.

Is it maybe just the averaging of the supplied power that is making the discrepancy?

**Never mind. I got working. He seems to be using only the heat of boiling for the reduced water volume to determine output power. Ignoring both steam heating and water heating.

Rossi has tripped up, used and abused many people in his 40 year career - it is time for that to end. I do look forward to more truths being revealed in the coming weeks and months. Sunset on Planet Rossi cannot come soon enough

The history of cold fusion is full of suppression and attacks against its proponents. But why just at the lenr-forum?

• GIGO

P - it would be nice to think there is enough info in this data to get a handle on what was going on but it must be a long shot. Until the ERV antes up with precisely where these measurements are taken and what is the piping we are lost. Especially because (presumably) if each e-cat is monitored individually these figures may be averages. Do we have anything anywhere that states what the numbers represent with reference to precise measurements and piping?

@IHFB

You do indeed have a different approach to this problem than me, or others. As I understand it you reckon:

(1) either this stuff works or Rossi is blatently and deliberately fraudulent

(2) You would not want to view him as fraudulent, and on general principle think others looking at evidence will be biassed against him

It might help to take a more nuanced approach. Whether Rossi is legally fraudulent here will be decided by the Court. What we do know for sure is that his statements and actions cannot be trusted:

"Customer" - nope

"Hydrofusion test" - Rossi claims results were faked negative, so either he is lying in this claim, or lying to a previous potential backer.

"Bass" - fabricated business card

"Test" - refusal to allow on IH premisses with proper controls, refusal to allow IH inspection, Rossi present 24/7 and penon swans in a few times and now does not support his report which as has been pointed out is farcically unprofessional and not fit for purpose

"Massive over-reading of input power using average V and A" Remained adamant he was correct doing this when Mats spent a long time explaining his mistake.

It is absolutely not necessary to get into Rossi's mind more than this. My pet theory (speculation) is that he is a performer who sees adulation of his audience as much more real than any physical facts. You don't have to decide whether he is deliberately fraudulent, laughing at others, or in an act of cognitive dissonance believes his own words or just does not care about facts, seeing them as ephemeral and truth as infinitely alternative.

• @THHuxleynew: Everybody can think what he wants but Rossi put this up as evidence. That means if this is fabricated or made up he will face severe consequences. So my first impression is that there is no fraud involved unless somebody can proof otherwise. Let's see if IH has anything to put up against these claims. I bet Dewey is very interested as well ;)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.