Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Alan S. "The Leonardo spec for the 1MW plant says different....but it is of course, just a document"

Yes that is what was in the agreement. Notice that the "Water Pump Capacity" listed is 1500 kg/h which is 36000 kg/day in the report. Yes the value listed in the report was to be 10% less than what they claimed. So the pumps where pumping beyond their capacity.

But the point is, if they later ran with half of the ecats. then how could half of the pumps be still putting out the full 36000 kg/day as claimed? It seems like the most they could do would be about half of that or about 18000 kg/day.

• @Rigel

Rossi has never claimed that the three "new" orders had been shipped. Only that an order for them had been received. If you look back on his blog, you will see he is consistent in this. To be honest, I find more consistency in Rossi's pronouncements than in Dewey's. That isn't to say Rossi is telling the truth in all matters--he just happens to be more consistent.

• I tried a few things out with the MFMP RAVI file. One thing I should have noticed before is that the IR background for the Optris images is default at ε of 1.0

That means if things within measurement areas with altered emissivity are to glow more than the immediately adjacent background , then the only alteration possible is lower emissivity.

Which means that if the 0.95 ε sticker ("dot") is glowing on the reactor more brightly than the rod, the 0.95 emissivity is actually lower than the rod emissivity in the camera spectral sensitivity range.

Otherwise, a dot of an ε of 0.95 that has a higher emissivity than the rod would appear more brown than the rod in the camera view, as would any measurement areas with an ε set higher than the background at an ε of 1.0

The image below, Duplicate fig 7 was cut from one made by me from MFMP Optris camera images, in the IP Connect software. The measurement areas are changed to about 0.7 ε, background standard.

The second one is viewed with the background forced to an ε of 0.45 , so that the reactor appears at that emissivity. The measurement area circle is forced to 0.95 ε. (Note how the computer fill is offset upwards in the circle.)

Edit: Original Figure 7 added.

• Those have a max output of 4.5gal/h or around 400 liters/day - 400kg/day water.

So at the claimed 36000 kg/day flow rate (understated?) that would take 90 of them to be running all the time.

EDIT: AH, HA. You are talking about the flow from the reservoir to the individual small boilers. In the message below, I confused this with the flow from the boilers through the fake customer site and back to the reservoir. Yes, you are right. These pumps do not have enough umph to produce the claimed flow. But it is obvious from the fake flow rate numbers, flow meter specs, positioning and other factors that the flow was much lower than claimed. The pump specs are additional proof that the numbers are garbage.

Anyway, I will leave the rest of the message --

If the boiler produces steam, it does not need a pump. Only a 1-way valve to keep it from pushing the feedwater back out the pipe. The steam pushes itself through the pipes into the equipment using the steam (or process heat). For example, when you use steam in a dry-cleaning shop to iron trousers, you have a ~10 kW steam generator that produces quite a blast of steam whenever you open the valve. Here is an 8 kW model:

http://www.reimersinc.com/_assets/pdf/AR_Brochure_Rev2.pdf

Here is a used dry-cleaning steam press that costs $3,000, to give a sense of how big the equipment is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forent…ility-Press-/322417418330

In reality, if Rossi's machine were producing 1 MW of steam, it would blow itself to kingdom come. There is no way these pipes and fittings could survive that kind of pressure. I have seen much smaller steam generators at carpet factories, that produce ~100 kW. They have much heavier pipes. If one of those pipes in a 100 kW breaks and you are caught in the blast of steam, you are likely to be killed or severely burned in a few seconds. A steam generator 10 times larger than this would have enough power to move an early 20th century steam powered yacht or tugboat. If a pipe from something like that breaks loose it might instantly crush a person, or cause a major explosion.

Here is a time-lapse video of an explosion of a megawatt-scale steam boiler. Look at what happens to the wall of the factory, shown 40 seconds into the video. Now, ask yourself if it is likely the fragile equipment shown in the photos of Rossi's reactor could survive the kind of pressures and forces in this video.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting observation. I haven't looked in detail yet but this old post by Engineer48 on ECW seems to be related and might answer some of your questions. Or maybe raise some new ones.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…indicate-cop1-engineer48/

Yes, it raises some more questions - actually "old questions" (see some comments from the ecw thread):

The total flow read from the displays on the metering pumps appeared to be 414kg/h - so much less than the alleged 1500kg.

In order to overcome this proplem, Eng48 out of thin air introduced a "master pump", which isn't shown on any photo, but supposed to supply the remaining 1086kg/h to the e-cats.

• IHFB, I was going to say Wow, but am not surprised. If it goes on for years, Jed will be correct, he may just strangle cold fusion. But just think ... The movies rights to "the complete and totally honest story of Dr. Rossi's life and times". This would automatically mean he gets a cut of the movie.

Don't even think that way Rigel ||

• Thanks for the response. I do not think he has a chance in hell, but I am aware that this is a court case, not a forum hanging. You may be right, for sure an appeal. Your numbers seem like a good ballpark also. To think I thought he had the goods 6 years ago. SMH.

• The Planet Rossi trolls show up again, all in a flutter, which means that IR imagery and interesting pump exchanges must be moving a little closer to the bone.

Baiting doesn't work either boyz - you're figured out.

Send in some more newbs - that continues to entertain.

• And here we go with Planet Rossi again. I think your aproach to divide the forum into people who are with you and "Planet Rossi" is cute but pointless. From my experience real life is not black and white. It's at least grey. Sometimes even colourful! ;)

• Which means that if the 0.95 ε sticker ("dot") is glowing on the reactor more brightly than the rod, the 0.95 emissivity is actually lower than the rod emissivity in the camera spectral sensitivity range.

Paradigmoia, this phrase is completely FALSE.

At equal temperature if an object on the image (e.g. the dot ) appears brighter then another ( e.g. the rod ) is because has higher emissivity .

So if the dot appear brighter is because his emisivity is higher !

Also in your statement there is quite a confusion among words "reactor" and "rod" .

On my opinion you are clearly trying to diffuse false information in order to influence the trial.

I presume that this is against law.

Because this forum is moderated I presume that eventually also the moderators of the forum could be responsible.

• The manipulated in history never knew what was happening to them until it was too late. This batch has had more than enough of a heads-up and education.

For the remnant that remains encamped, history is repeating itself once again. They (sans the SPs) cannot be helped and may not even know it when the full truth opens up before their very eyes.

Want another laugh - Planet Rossi thinks that it is so important and vast that forum and blog activity can influence the trial. Sort of reminds me of that SP "poll" taken in the New York High School (took awhile to catch my breath after that howler).

And then there is the telltale call for moderation plus a bonus veiled threat from Rossibit's cousin. We've seen the moderation sctick when heat rounds were flying on Mat's blog just before the lights went out and on E-Catworld just before the banishment.

Not to worry though Planet Rossi - the truth is hunting you down and moderation is on the way. In the form of Justice!

• On my opinion you are clearly trying to diffuse false information in order to influence the trial.

I presume that this is against law.

Because this forum is moderated I presume that eventually also the moderators of the forum could be responsible.

Well, your presumptions are wrong on both accounts. But don't trust me, you could ask your lawyer about that. Or has he already advised you not to post comments online? I suppose that only applies if you use your real name. Eventually, the court pulls back the curtain on the Wizard of Roz. We're all just sitting here waiting for the big reveal.

• Puh. Dewey...

The manipulated in history... history is repeating itself... the truth is hunting you down and moderation is on the way... They cannot be helped and may not even know it when the full truth opens up before their very eyes.

If i wouldn't know better I would say you are trying to evangelize. You have a new messiah maybe we can look up to that brings us the (heat and) light? Only industrial heat and light of course ;)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.