Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• IHFB doesn't have any facts - everything provided by Rossi now deserves to be should be treated as fiction as it comes from a self-confessed liar who didn't know when to stop and get off the merry-go-round.

Now he is dragging all of his proselytes around with him.

• Who doesn't want Rossi LENR to be true? Well, I suppose those with connections to big oil probably don't.

I wanted Rossi to be true. I deluded myself for too long thinking he might be. No one can claim that I have not worked hard for cold fusion, for 20 years. But facts are facts. Rossi's data is garbage. His claims are impossible for DOZENS of obvious reasons. Not one or two -- dozens. "Wanting it to be true" in this case is wishful thinking. It is a delusion. You and Peter have invented ever-more-outlandish scenarios to sustain this delusion. You need to snap out of it and look at reality.

For the record, I have no connection to big oil.

• You pulled numbers out of . . . thin air. Look at any plumbing guide or the photo of the steam pipe in a New York City apartment and you will see that your numbers are wrong. Look at any photo of a 1 MW steam generator.

What specifically is wrong with the numbers I provided you? So you think your hand picked photo refutes my numbers? Why don't you tell me which value that I gave is wrong, and why.

• They arbitrarily reduce the flow number from 36,000 kg to 32,400 kg, to be "conservative" (they said). By a remarkable coincidence, this happens to add up to almost exactly 1 MW of continuous heat, even on days when the reactor was turned off, and when daylight savings changes shortened or lengthened the day.

daylights savings - I hadn't thought of that. Good catch

• Rossi's data is garbage. His claims are impossible for DOZENS of obvious reasons.

O wow Jed Have you aver analyzed the data ?

Are you a real expert in Physics of Condensed Matter ?

Have you ever conducted your own original experiment ?

Being a Librarian is an important status. And doing so you are serving the LENR community doing something very important.

But as far as I know you have not done any original research.

I don't see anything obvious here. And seems to me that all the "obvious reasons" taken out up to now are ill formed.

You are speaking like a convert that is radicalized to a new religion.

Or may be that you want just to influence the opinion of the casual reader.

• So you think your hand picked photo refutes my numbers?

Go pick your own photo! If you don't like mine, find your own. Or read the manual I pointed you to. As I said, the houses and buildings I grew up in had these kinds of radiators, furnaces and boilers. * I am quite familiar with them. Maybe you have never seen one, but I have. I know how big the pipes are. I have also seen factory steam generators and steam engines. Go find a photo of a 1 MW generator and look how big the pipes are. Do your own homework, for once.

(* But not the houses in Japan, which had no central heating at all. The toothpaste in the bathroom was frozen by morning. They had kerosene heaters, and tables with electric heaters covered with blankets, which -- as I described in my book on p. 48 -- were wonderful for flirting. http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf)

• Yes there were connections outside the container if you believe Penon's Test Plan. It says the pressure gauge was to be mounted outside the container.

My concern is if the temperatures were measured correctly. It doesn't seem they had a redundant measure. A simple change of offset or the replacement of K thermocouples with J thermocouples or even the "extension" wires" to the thermocouples could make a big difference. Example: a J thermocouple at about 80C would give the same signal as a K at103C.

Basically, I don't trust Penon who doesn't seem to know the difference in gauge pressure and absolute (i.e. bar(g) and simply bar ) and won't answer reasonable questions. I still think the pressure gauge was out of service to register 0 VDC from the sensor or shorted out from day 1.

And why don't we see a change in flow rates when some of the units are taken off line since each has a pump to the individual e cat units.

• O wow Jed Have you aver analyzed the data ?

Yes, I have. With the help of professional HVAC people, but any high school kid could do it.

Are you a real expert in Physics of Condensed Matter ?

Compared to who? I probably know more than you do. Based on this data, I know more than Rossi and Penon. I also know fake data when I see it. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is fake data. Pressure 0.0 bar? The same temperature and flow every single day for weeks? Give me a break!

Have you ever conducted your own original experiment ?

Yes, I have. Several times.

Being a Librarian is an important status. And doing so you are serving the LENR community doing something very important.

But as far as I know you have not done any original research.

You are incorrect. I have done original research. I have been in many labs. And I spent a couple of months working with industrial heaters and boilers ranging from around 20 kW to 80 kW, under the guidance of experienced HVAC engineers at Hydrodynamics, Inc. (Without those professionals I surely would have killed myself. Those things are dangerous!) We used an industrial calorimetric system designed by the Dean of Engineering at Georgia Tech, whose name I have forgotten. It was first-rate equipment and I learned a great deal working with it.

• The moment I saw that, I knew it was bogus nonsense. The fact that you cannot see that tells me you have no experience with steam or machinery, and absolutely no idea what 1 MW of heat is like. Or even 60 kW.

Wow again Jed: what an expert ! The moment you see it ...... And only you are able to see it !

Your "reactor was off" "fake data" "overcoats" "common sense plumbing" points have all been explained, multiple times, by multiple participants here. It is your conjecture versus that of others. No need to repeatedly dredge up the same old arguments. Show me proof of misplacement of the flow meter, and I might come to your side.

For one time I agree with IH fanboy !

IHFB is certainly annoying in the way of a troll. But I think he is more positively engaged than that. He wants Rossi LENR to be true, and bends all facts to breaking point to fit that unlikely scenario.

No he asked just for a photo and some proofs.

That's what the equipment manuals say. Usually it makes no difference. Accuracy is far more important than precision. Large inaccuracy would make a boiler dangerous, whereas if the temperature reading is imprecise, the thermostat will keep it at the desired temperature anyway, so that makes no difference.

Jed have you any idea of what you have written ? How a thermostat can keep the desired temperature with an imprecise reading ?

And Have you seen "the manual" of the Rossi reactor ?

Just to clarify a bit:

https://www.ncsu.edu/labwrite/…ign/accuracyprecision.htm

Now the only thing on which I can agree is that for any measurement apparatus is much better to be accurate (but with large statistical error so not precise) that completely inaccurate (large systematic error) but very precise.

The rest of what you have written is both inaccurate and not precise.

• IH Fanboy ,

Are you referring to UTC being used for time as the "solution"? Seems they used 22:00 every single day. That would be 5:00 pm in Florida, if it was UTC.

(The Penon Tests Plan suggests that 00:00 was the time to record data. Midnight. That would be 7:00 am the previous day, if it were meant as UTC)

• Jed have you any idea of what you have written ? How a thermostat can keep the desired temperature with an imprecise reading ?

I said inaccurate, not imprecise. It keeps the wrong temperature. You set it for 70°F. It goes to 73°F instead. When the outside temperature is stable, it fluctuates in a nice sine wave from 72 to 74°F.

Get a good thermometer and check your house or office temperature. You will probably find the thermostat is several degrees off. Measure the temperature at the thermostat, not in another room.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.