Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• To Dewey,

I agree let's the Court and history to decide.

A personal requst to you forget no 3 from the 10 Commandments of yesterday and tell your opponents they err not that hey have a flawed intellect. As a proof you do not hate them.

thanks,

Peter

• I believe it is inaccurate to state the linked 1MW plant would use the same pipe size as the eCat because the steam temperature is much higher.

I never stated that. What I am suggesting is that the conventional linked-to 1 MW plant very likely uses a smaller diameter pipe than the Rossi plant. And no, the temperature does not significantly impact the pipe size. The pressure does, yes. And the operating pressure is between 6 and 16 bar, with an optional 10 bar pressure reducer. That is a wide operating range all with DN50. So, what we have is a real-world example of a 1 MW plant using DN50. I believe Rossi is using at least DN80.

• Thank you for the reply. While not related to LENR directly, I may have to do some research on this when I get time. If 200C temp steam only carries ~5% more energy, I am now curious as to why low temp steam is not used in power generation. Low temp steam is far less corrosive and easier, less dangerous to handle. I would not think a 5% power increase would merit the increased problems with the higher temp. Yet I am sure that steam turbines normally require temperature higher than 200C. Hopefully I will learn something! :thumbup:

You need a minimum flow rate to transfer given power.

For a given flow-rate and phase change the temperature goes up as the pressure does

For a circuit with heat exchanges etc and long piping the pressure depends on pipe diameter and length. Making all pipes larger diameter is expensive. In any case heat exchangers will work better with higher flow rate.

So having significant pressure on output is normal. Without it (e.g. Rossi) you cannot sensibly run through a heat exchange capable of extracting 1MW.

I'm no steam expert, so maybe there are other issues, but the (obvious) ones above show you need some decent amt of pressure.

• Do you know what ahve said Rossi and Penon bout the pipe to the court?

Yes, I do. I have read the court papers. Rossi and Penon said nothing about the pipe. They did not respond to any of the questions Exhibit 5. If the pipe is not 40 mm, they would say so, and it would very easy for them to provide proof.

What I have asked you is a proof the pipe was 40mm.

I gave you that proof. I.H. said it was 40 mm in the court papers. Rossi did not deny it. He did not respond at all. Surely he would have if it were not 40 mm. Back when Murray first asked him this, the reactor was intact. Rossi could have taken a photo of the pipe and sent in a few minutes.

If Rossi could address the issues in Exhibit 5, he would earn $89 million. So I am 100% certain he would address these issues if he could. Instead, he uploaded document after document with irrelevant nonsense and empty bluster. Plus, he uploaded the Penon data, which is obviously fraudulent. You cannot see that it is fraudulent because you are blinded by wishful thinking.

• Jed, allow me to proffer some advice. Dewey keeps signaling to you that the DN40 pipe size was a farce.

No, he does not. If the pipe were not DN40, Rossi would have said so when Murray first asked him. Or he would have said so subsequently in the court filings.

Rossi's refusal to answer this -- and the other issues -- proves that Murray was right. I am quite sure of this, because if Rossi could answer, and if he had any proof, he would answer. This would improve his chances of winning millions of dollars in the lawsuit. He is not going to remain quiet and refuse to supply information that will bring him millions of dollars.

I am surprised you do not understand this.

• No, he does not. If the pipe were not DN40, Rossi would have said so when Murray first asked him. Or he would have said so subsequently in the court filings.

Rossi's refusal to answer this -- and the other issues -- proves that Murray was right. I am quite sure of this, because if Rossi could answer, and if he had any proof, he would answer. This would improve his chances of winning millions of dollars in the lawsuit. He is not going to remain quiet and refuse to supply information that will bring him millions of dollars.

I am surprised you do not understand this.

Rossi denied it during the proceedings. The evidence comes in the evidentiary phase. Dewey is signaling to you that it wasn't DN40. I am surprised you do not understand any of this.

• Rossi denied it during the proceedings.

Denial does not count. He should have provided proof. If it were not 40 mm, before he filed the lawsuit he could easily have proved that fact to I.H. with a photo. He did not do that.

The evidence comes in the evidentiary phase.

Incorrect. Evidence from both sides has already been uploaded. Rossi upload fraudulent evidence from Penon. If he had non-fraudulent evidence to back up his case, he would have uploaded it.

Dewey is signaling to you that it wasn't DN40.

No, he is not. You are deluded by wishful thinking.

• This is a court case, not an experiment.

As Mats said in a recent interview (*) , the data filed so far is the tip of the iceberg. Both Rossi and IH have filed close to the minimum required to keep the case alive, so it can reach the jury. Rossi is under no legal obligation (and would be unwise) to present any defense at this stage except to answer the counter-complaint "deny and demand strict proof thereof").

Rossi is correct in declining to answer any questions relating to the case.

I still don't understand why deep-insider Dewey is leaking/signalling information about the case, which may or may not be true, and may or may not be presented in the case.

* Mats recent article is from October, and so doesn't even take into account recent court filings.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.