Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• But the final report lists 0.0 bars every day.

Do you believe the report that Rossi claims is Penon's?

If that is to be believed then the "vacuum" you claim from a heat exchanger could not be more than

-0.1 bar (g). (Assuming he is using gauge)

If the outlet water is cooled to around 68°C, then the condenser vacuum can be no more than around 0.28 bar absolute (-0.72 bar g) , or the steam cannot be condensed to water.

So, can the condenser actually "suck" the steam in and still condense it, both, if the steam comes out of the Plant at 1 bar g?

• I believe that there are a number of possible explanations for the 0.0 bar as shown in the partial report. And I do know for sure: the talk of absolute vacuum is unfounded and just plain stupid.

I will ask again a different way, are you still believing that the exchanger pulled a vacuum enough to move the required amount of "steam".

• My view is that there was never much steam and the system was pressurized and perhaps with some antifreeze that kept it below its boiling temp and that Penon lied in his test plan and didn't use the absolute gauge he promised or that Rossi swapped it out.

• Oh I should also say that so far information in Exhibit 5 attributed to Penon and the claimed Penon "final report" might be classified as hearsay unless Penon comes forth and authenticates the material - perhaps he did from DR but we don't know that yet.

• @oldguy

And even in that case, Rossi still has a world-changing technology. That is, assuming that the flow meter was correctly installed. Jed's friends have told him the flow meter was installed incorrectly and measured 1/4 of the actual flow. We have no photographic evidence of a mis-installed flow meter. But if IH can show this, then there was no excess heat. Simple as that.

• Flowmeter evidence in hand IHFB - Planet Rossi is going down down down down down.

As in down the drain? Did IH ever get water bills for Rossi/JMP? Is this where the leaks went?

Also it seems clear from Exhibit 5 that the steam pressure was 0 barg (gauge pressure). I know it says 0 bar (absolute pressure) in the ERV report but I hear that it's common to specify gauge pressure as bar. This is Penon/Rossi after all. Industrial applications deal with gauge pressure.

• I believe that there are a number of possible explanations for the 0.0 bar as shown in the partial report.

1. Okay, list one possible explanation. Make it plausible. Something other than "fraud" which is the only one I can think of.

2. Why do you say this is a partial report? It covers the entire period of the test.

And I do know for sure: the talk of absolute vacuum is unfounded and just plain stupid.

Nobody said it was an "absolute vacuum." There is no such thing. Despite your nitpicking, 0.0 bar is a vacuum, to however decimal points the pressure gauge can measure.

• IHFB - Rossi loses 5 different ways on the flow meter. Only one needs to stick with the Judge.

There 18 major flaws (of which the flow meter matter is 1) in his case / claims some with substantial subcategories.

If he loses on even one of those flaws then his case doesn't survive. A self-confessed liar has to run the table in order to have his case survive. Burnt toast even by Planet Rossi standards.

• Peter Metz - you're an expert and you've been asked to monitor, assess and report on a system with $89M at stake based on whether you say a system works or not. In fact, you're portrayed as a brilliant nuclear engineer / expert and highly touted as the best possible person for the job. Lets say that hypothetically - this is a test that requires an expert. As part of the basic expectations around this report, wouldn't you expect to have any pressure gauge / flow meter make, model and part numbers included along with pre and post test calibration / certification data as part of the report? We're talking about $89M and none of that was considered relevant by Penon / Rossi. In addition to all the errors, typos and useless diagrams, Penon didn't bother to mention any of that in his report. Questionable and curious or status quo on Planet Rossi?

• Peter Metz - you're an expert and you've been asked to monitor, assess and report on a system with $89M at stake based on whether you say a system works or not. In fact, you're portrayed as a brilliant nuclear engineer / expert and highly touted as the best possible person for the job. Lets say that hypothetically - this is a test that requires an expert. As part of the basic expectations around this report, wouldn't you expect to have any pressure gauge / flow meter make, model and part numbers included along with pre and post test calibration / certification data as part of the report? We're talking about $89M and none of that was considered relevant by Penon / Rossi. In addition to all the errors, typos and useless diagrams, Penon didn't bother to mention any of that in his report. Questionable and curious or status quo on Planet Rossi?

At one time I was involved in developing large software systems. Testing occurred at all levels and included extensive test plans, test procedures, test reviews, configuration management, quality control etc. Subcontractors with expertise in testing were brought in. Any divergence from test procedures and configurations followed a strict and controlled process especially final acceptance testing.

I find that what constitutes testing here, from both IH and Rossi's perspective, to be almost incomprehensible. Granted not everything has been disclosed but from what has, it is still beyond belief that things have gotten to this point. It's difficult to not fault IH for some of this based on what I've seen. To put it more colloquially, "What were you guys thinking?"

That said, I'm still curious about water usage by the plant and the customer (JMP) and the "leaks." Does IH have this data? Is it relevant? Thanks.

• I equate it to the "Trump haters" in the U.S. after recent election.

• You have that backward! The pipe was 40 mm in diameter. Ergo the steam density and speed could not have been what is claimed. This is proof that your equations do not apply.

You cannot erase facts because they prove you are wrong. It only works the other way around.

The thing is there are not real facts. They are all incomplete, probably intentionally.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.