Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• That would be a good start.

And IH could have used their eyes to look. In fact, IH could have used their eyes at the beginning of the test. IH had representatives there every day of the test, we are told. Instead, they let nearly the entire test transpire before sending in an apparent non-expert, who also could have used his eyes.

If IH is to be believed then they did not consider it the GPT but believed Rossi's claim that it was to be a simple 2 year agreement with a "real customer" for heat which they doubted so much that they never even invoiced for it. Your insistence that it must be real because IH did not protest is getting tiring. Prove that Rossi used the term GPT for Doral before Aug even if you have to go to his Rossi says blogs or you should quite saying that IH knew it to be the GPT.

• Jed,

let's be serious and honest, I have no idea what proofs has Rossi, and IH given in/to the Court. But I am convinced you also are not informed.

I see you open a first possibility- it was an U for the flowmeter- you could make the next step and tell what you know for sure, documented about the diameter of the bloody steam pipe.

And are you contented with the NIH-cide, destruction happening here (thanks to Fatum it is only a forum) the Future of LENR is in transition metal-

hydrogen systems working at high temperaturesand exactly this is what some Rossi haters want to eliminate. Not the best association for a cold fusion supporter, methinks. Exactly as you wanted to congratulate Steve Krivit for his position toward Rossi- did he care?

The enemies of our enemy are not automatically our friends.

peter

• IHFB What would your reaction be if the court rules IH innocent because the test did not fulfill the legal requirements of the GPT and if it is mute on the heat aspect ? Or if it just summarily dismissed the charges against IH?

I don't care about whether Rossi fulfilled the legal requirements of the GPT. All I care about is whether there was excess heat. Does it work. I think the court case can cast some light on that question, but my hopes are not extremely high about that.

What would your reaction be if the court rules IH liable?

I think that the court just might do the first to shorten their work load since without GPT approval, then they could avoid all the rest.

Courts do not grant summary judgment to shorten their work load. The question is whether there are no material factual issues remaining to be tried. The chances of a summary judgment in this case, in either direction, are about the same as a snowball's chance in hell.

• If you are going to believe this axiom, you must then also accept that its application can apply equally as well in your direction.

Not in my case. After Lugano, I thought Rossi had something. Then the evidence appeared that he was at best mistaken. Further evidence strongly supports the hypothesis that he has acted fraudulently. That's my position at the moment, but there may be evidence contra, yet to come, in which case I will consider it on its merits. I try not to hold positions not supported by evidence - I have been a (biological) scientist all my working life, so have some appreciation of the pitfalls of confirmation bias and the ills which come from improper hypothesis testing.

• I try not to hold positions not supported by evidence

Here here. Why do you think it is that many here take Dewey's words as being good as gold, without any supporting evidence? I mean, if he said something like "sadly, photovoltaic solar has no role in the future mix of energy," I would guess about 80% of folks here would believe him without questioning.

• Cool. I assumed you were joking about your recursive ray tracer. Get it uploaded!

Edit: You're still joking, right?

Sorry, it was on a different machine. Probably should have started this in the Playground, but since I started it here, I will finish it here.

Based on heavy interpretation, due to limited reflection behind the Doral Beast, so some angles may be wrong. Meter seems to be in a low spot...

• @Eric

When it comes to IH, Jed believes things he is told, without supporting evidence. This has been shown many times in many ways here. It is rather unfortunate, because I had great respect for Jed for many years. That respect has been eroded by his insistence on certain things without clear evidentiary support.

• Back to the court case. *I am NOT a lawyer! *

It is currently in the evidence-gathering/disclosure/deposition stage. Rossi is required to give IH everything they ask for (Since there have been no recent filings, I presume Rossi has delivered on this) , but he is not required to file anything with the court.

Next up, one of the parties (most likely IH) may file for Summary Judgement : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summary_judgment#United_States

They could file just against Rossi's Claim 1 ($93M), OR for their counter-claim, or both. To do this the moving party has a "heavy burden" and must prove there is no "no genuine issue of material fact", interpreted in the most favorable way to the other party. They could:

a) Lay out their entire case in writing (Dangerous if they lose the summary judgement)

b) Just attack the weakest point (Was this the GPT? Was there excess heat?)

In either case the other party has only a "light burden" and need only produce "favourable facts and interpretations of law".

• For that matter, if he would provide some photos now he would be in a stronger position. Assertions that he cannot or should not provide photos now make no sense. I.H. uploaded photos proving there is not sufficient ventilation to allow a 1 MW heat release.

To spit some fuel into this rootless discussion, I had a quick look at a recent photo everybody knows.

May be Jed can comment it for us all...

Why is the internal isolation of the steam-pipe (see arrow !!) at least 25cm thick ???

• And IH could have used their eyes to look.

They did. That is why I heard there is no U.

In fact, IH could have used their eyes at the beginning of the test. IH had representatives there every day of the test, we are told.

They had people there frequently. Those people complained to me and to others from the start.

You can see from Penon's test proposals uploaded to the lawsuit that the test plan flawed. I.H. complained about both the plan and the implementation.

Instead, they let nearly the entire test transpire before sending in an apparent non-expert, who also could have used his eyes.

That is completely wrong. They sent experts the whole time. The experts pointed out the problems, but Rossi refused to correct them. I and others heard about it, from the time the test began. As I reported here, I was hoping Rossi would fix these problems, but he did not.

• let's be serious and honest, I have no idea what proofs has Rossi, and IH given in/to the Court.

The data from Penon and Exhibit 5. It is all right there. Please have a look. Everything is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive…Ktdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

Exhibit 5 is document 124-6. I do not remember which is Penon's data but here is a picture of it:

Rossi vs. Darden developments - Part 2

Perhaps you do not consider these "proofs" but I do. If you do not think they are proofs then you should say:

"let's be serious and honest, I do not agree that Penon's data that Rossi and IH gave to the Court proves anything. You (Jed) think it does, but I do not."

In other words, you do "have an idea," but you don't agree. That's fine. You should not say you don't know what data I refer to.

• That would be a good start.

And IH could have used their eyes to look. In fact, IH could have used their eyes at the beginning of the test. IH had representatives there every day of the test, we are told. Instead, they let nearly the entire test transpire before sending in an apparent non-expert, who also could have used his eyes.

Wrong again.

Rossi's own information stated the Doral facility run was a sale of heat to a "real customer", making "real products" using a "real chief engineer" and that IH would get paid $30,000 per month for the rental of the plant. There was no test papers presented, there was no test papers signed and there turned out to be no customer, no product and no engineer!

Yet you "blame" IH for not shutting down the "test" early on. My what deep holes we dig!

• I would venture to guess that the "die hard" IH supporters here would also not accept it were it to be in Rossi's favor.

Why that would be easy! If Rossi is correct, there will be LENR reactors being made in "robotized" factories, made by "Secret Customers", producing "secret product", using "secret engineers" and making millions of dollars! Just like over the past 5 years, all the "secret customers" will come forward, the "robotized factories" will be revealed and photographed, the "secret engineers" will put there professional stamp on all the tests and Warren Buffet will purchase shares in Leonardo Corp!

It will be EASY to believe! :/

Oh, and I will be one of the first to go to Home Depot to purchase my new "Home Cat" that UL has safety certified!

• Yet, you were signed up as a speaker for Matt's new energy world symposium, which was announced in January of 2016.

Yup. As I said in March last year, I was nervous but I was hoping that Rossi had corrected the problems. I hadn't heard from anyone for several months. Then, when I.H. sent me their statement on March 10, 2016, I knew the roof had fallen in:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?p=1741

I repeated that many times, here, at Vortex and elsewhere.

Now you would like us to believe that you had doubts the entire time and that IH thought it was all a fraud from the start.

I have no idea when I.H. thought it was fraud. They expressed doubts, which I shared. If I had thought it was fraud in 2015 I would never have agreed to take part in the symposium. I told Mats that if it still looked doubtful after the final report came out, I would not participate. He agreed we should cancel unless the report was definitive. As you know, it never came out. Rossi filed suit instead.

Let me add that the lawsuit filings have revealed much more than I knew previously. I only became convinced this is fraud based on the lawsuit documents. Before that, I thought the test was sloppy, like Rossi's earlier work. As I said, I was hoping it would be fixed before the 1-year test came to an end.

• Okay folks, there we have it. IH is here to divert attention to non-commercially-viable LENR.

This appears to mean that palladium-based cold fusion will never be commercially viable. I disagree. Given the power density demonstrated with palladium, and the amount of palladium in the world, Martin Fleischmann estimated that we could easily produce a third of our energy from Pd-D cold fusion. It would be far cheaper than any other energy source. That would be worth trillions of dollars.

There is enough palladium for most automotive catalytic converters. It would no longer be needed for that purpose with cold fusion energy.

• Yet you "blame" IH for not shutting down the "test" early on.

Yes, I do. If were IH, and I used my eyes at the beginning of test to look at perhaps the most important measurement instrument, the flow meter, and saw that it was installed on a downward sloped gravity fed return water pipe, and that the pipe was half or less than half full of water, then I would have made a VERY NOISY withdrawal publicly and privately with all parties involved, withdrawn my experts from the daily monitoring, and cut off ties with Rossi. Is that what IH did? No. It begs the question why.

One possible explanation is that the flow meter was not installed on the downward sloped gravity fed return water pipe, and that it wasn't overstating the flow, as we've been led to believe--and therefore, wasn't immediately apparent that it was a "fraud."

• Yes, I do. If were IH, and I used my eyes at the beginning of test to look at perhaps the most important measurement instrument, the flow meter, and saw that it was installed on a downward sloped gravity fed return water pipe, and that the pipe was half or less than half full of water, then I would have made a VERY NOISY withdrawal publicly and privately with all parties involved, withdrawn my experts from the daily monitoring, and cut off ties with Rossi. Is that what IH did? No. It begs the question why.

I would not have done what you describe. I believe I.H. handled it better than you would have. I do not think this Florida test cost I.H. much money, or any money. I know little about this, and I have not discussed it with I.H., but I have a sense they decided to let Rossi do as he pleased with his own money in Florida, on the off-chance he might succeed, even though he failed the previous tests in North Carolina.

So this does not beg the question. It just means you disagree with their strategy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.