Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• That's a proposed order written by Rossi's attorneys. This is standard practice when you file a motion.

• Especially Rossi's, considering the controversy over Rossi's participation in the first Hotcat Ferrara test, and their saying it was "independent", when it was not..

Bla Bla Bla ..... If you are testing a new Engine by General Motors is natural that some Engineers of GM are present in order to start and operate the engine is their apparatus and only they know how to do it. The important thing is that the testing system is under your control and that you can be sure that GM Engineers would not interfere with it.

If that is true for an ICE is even more relevant for a prototype reactor. Only Rossi and few others ware able to operate the reactor. The measurement apparatus was not controlled by Rossi and a full time video record and data logging was done.

• Please send all of your evidence that IH is "poisoning a jury or influencing a trial" to Rossi's lawyers as soon as possible, because there is a hearing in front of a federal judge scheduled this week!

The posts of DW (or Jed) on this forum could be a nice starting clue. This seems to be the most commented trial in the US.

Many times the possibility that all this chatting could serve to form a preconceived opinion have been rose already.

• The posts of DW (or Jed) on this forum could be a nice starting clue. This seems to be the most commented trial in the US.

Many times the possibility that all this chatting could serve to form a preconceived opinion have been rose already.

Does Rossi's comments on JONP count? He just commented about the the composition of the reactor core. This could influence the trial. Is this 'poisoning' by Rossi 'near out of law'?

Ele, there's no way to say this nicely. What ever hope I might have had that you might have a sincere (albeit different) point of view has been vanquished.

Your comments reveal pure and unadulterated troll-ness.

• Again you are manipulating data and reality. Data that you don't even have. The TC was only serving as feedback signal for the control apparatus and much probably was far away (in the cap) from the maximum temperature zone. The Lugano group had deliberately not considered that reading because the TC was put in the system by Rossi in an unknown position!

Perhaps you should look at what I posted, not just that one sentence. I said sticking a thermocouple on the reactor, even poorly, would be good enough to see if the IR camera is reporting a value that is close to reality. And yes the thermocouple, type K, would melt at 1380 C.

The feedback thermocouple is in fact in a highly heated area. The caps have way more insulation over the core than the ribbed main reactor surface. The surface area is high, due to the circumference. This greater surface area results is a lower surface temperature than the finned reactor body. But there is 1.5 cm of insulation around the core within the caps. In fact, the larger caps and thinner tube design is quite a good one to make a fairly isothermal core temperature profile when the ribbed core area is electrically heated.

The ribbed area of the reactor has coiled heater wire with a high density of windings. However, the caps are also heated by the calibrated resistance wires. There are 12 cm of resistance wire in each cap, buried under 1.5 cm insulation (Durapot 810). The feedback thermocouple is going to get very hot, especially if a posited reaction is adding even more heat.

• .. what do you make of Dewey Weaver sending threatening emails

Threats to Dr. Bo Hoistad

On February 15, 2017, Defendants’ agent, "Dewey Weaver", sent "Dr. Bo Hoistad" a
    threatening e-mail, which, in essence, attempts to blackmail and/or otherwise coerce all the
    Professors into changing their opinions and conclusions (See Ex. 6). Weaver testified that he was
    tasked with the job, by Defendant Industrial Heat, to engage in some discussion with Professor
    Hoistad (See Ex. 7, pg. 239:11-17). Weaver’s email to Professor Hoistad states:
    Bo - I hope this email finds you well. Mats gave an interview yesterday and stated
    that he had recently been in contact with the Uppsala team, sharing that your Ni-H
    focused replication efforts were ongoing. Mats also stated that the Uppsala team
    had no plans to revisit the Lugano report or discuss the increasingly controversial
    results from that test.

We are in process of learning previously unknown facts about Andrea Rossi, his ECat
    research and test methodologies as part of the ongoing litigation effort. We
    have learned that the material test of Lugano reactor, with an XRD system at the
    University of Bologna, was conducted on the reactor plug, not a piece from the
    main reactor body. As you may know, the plug results came back 99% pure alumina
    and did not match the reactor body which was made from Durapot 810. Per
    Cotronics, the maker of the Durapot line, 810 is between 75% to 85% alumina
    cement (batch dependent). We have also learned that the reactor was painted with

an off-white high temp paint and that information is not accurately reflected in the
    Lugano report as well.
    During our phone conversation last summer, you stated that Levi was forceful in
    controlling the specific Optris IR camera emissivity / transmissivity settings and
    that the Uppsala contingent left that decision up to him. More information will be
    coming out about this in the coming months and I wanted to give you and your
    team a heads-up regarding any possible impact this may have on the University and
    / or the involved scientist.

Best regards,
    Dewey

:*

• Perhaps you should look at what I posted, not just that one sentence. I said sticking a thermocouple on the reactor, even poorly, would be good enough to see if the IR camera is reporting a value that is close to reality. And yes the thermocouple, type K, would melt at 1380 C.

Right. Besides, the heater wire would have burned through well below the reported max surface temp of the reactor. The researchers were, and still are, naive to the manipulations of AR. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad scientists, but they did invalid work here and they should admit it or at least release the raw data at a minimum.

• Even a spot check with such a 40 $ probe would have done the job:

http://www.omega.co.uk/pptst/KHXL_NHXL.html

Amazing, that nobody of the prestigious professors came up with the idea to perform a simple sanity check on the temperature measurement values they read from the IR thermometer.
    Amateurish?

Actually they did try it, and decided it was complicated. It is, since the reactor body valleys and ridges will have different temperatures.

But it will still be close to what the IR camera says (when calibrated correctly), within reason.

Maybe 50 degrees different, but not 400+ degrees out.

• Right. Besides, the heater wire would have burned through well below the reported max surface temp of the reactor. The researchers were, and still are, naive to the manipulations of AR. That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad scientists, but they did invalid work here and they should admit it or at least release the raw data at a minimum.

Indeed.

The calibrated resistance (heater) wires are between the radiating hot surface and the much hotter core (even if it was only electrically heated). If it was 1400 C on the outside, the interior would be hotter still. Inconel, Kanthal, whatever. Those wires should have melted if the outside of the reactor was close to 1400 C.

• Peter,

Read it again,

I did NOT say you believe in Santa Claus, I think a student named Henry wrote that attached to my post, an understandable mistake on your part.

I simply asked if you believed that Rossi has developed an Energy Out > Energy In machine.

I'll ask it again, do you believe it?

Simple yes or no answer please.

• Just read the report I linked to, and you will question everything Jed has said about the topic.

Oh give us a break! Look at the list of companies and people in that report. Every one of them is in JCMNS. Most of them are retired or they write theory papers.

The only person from BARC listed is Srinivasan, who retired long ago. Mitsubishi is listed even though they gave all their instruments to Clean Planet. Gamberale is listed even though he left the research after he revealed the fraud at Defkalion. STM hasn't published anything in 15 years that I recall. LENR cars and LENR city are long gone. There are not five people on that list doing experiments. In most cases there is one person per institution. Larry Forsley and others are listed in several different institutions, meaning there are more institutions than people.

There are some good people there. But I know every one of them, and I have known them for years. If you read the JCMNS you will see that they are not doing much. Mostly just cranking out theory papers. The notion that this crowd of superannuated scientists constitutes a "global resurgence and expanding universe of LENR stakeholders" is public relations bullshit. Read what the researchers themselves have published and you will see it is bullshit. Ignore Anthropocene and read what the people on that list themselves say.

It does not help anyone or anything to pretend there is funding, research or resurgence in cold fusion. The field is moribund. It is wishful thinking to pretend otherwise. Delusion. Hiding from reality and dreaming that things are not as they are never does any good. As Rossi directly caused much of this mess. He destroyed what was left of the reputation of the field. He sucked up all the funding and attention, and attracted other criminal scam artists such as Defkalion. He has done more harm to this field than anyone since the early 1990s, when MIT, the DoE and others went around destroying people's careers and attacking the research in the mass media.

• @Jed,

As much as you want to stick with your narrative that Rossi destroyed the field, I think most here can see through that. You have been at this for many discouraging years. I think you are the one who should give it a break. I can understand, to some extent, your despair. But I think you are attempting to paint a picture that doesn't align well with the current reality. Dr. Ling's report speaks for itself. Companies like Brillouin and BLP (for which you admit to know little about) are presently attracting very significant amounts of funding. India, Russia, and Japan have all recently announced new government-funded initiatives. It is as if we see two entirely different realities. And I'm certain mine is closer to base reality. Cheer up. The future is bright.

• This thread has become somewhat bizaare, as Eric has also noted above. This post from ultrasure actually made me do a double-take - because he has taken the (known, and uncontentious) Rossi Motion that has no supporting evidence and had-crafted his own ruling from Judge Altonaga. This is worse than fake news - it is fake legal transcripts. How do people do this sort of thing? If the highlighted quote actually existed on any docket document it would be not just another twist but a big deal.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.