Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Official Post

I would be interested to understand how much heat that can be dissipated through just one open truck loading dock? The amount of heat that can be dissipated through just one open dock is probably underestimated by people who themselves has never worked in a warehouse or factory.

There was always an open door.

• When direct sunlight falls on an enclosed automobile in summer, the temperature inside reaches 40 deg C within an hour and it kills the occupants.

According to one source, "evacuated-tube collectors can achieve extremely high temperatures (170°F to 350°F)" (177°C). That would also kill a person.

I did not realize they could get so hot. Essentially, they work by the greenhouse effect. "The collectors are usually made of parallel rows of transparent glass tubes. Each tube contains a glass outer tube and metal absorber tube attached to a fin. The fin is covered with a coating that absorbs solar energy well, but which inhibits radiative heat loss. Air is removed, or evacuated, from the space between the two glass tubes to form a vacuum, which eliminates conductive and convective heat loss."

https://energy.gov/eere/energy…solar-water-heater-basics

Passive solar water heaters are common in southern Japan. An hour after sunrise on a clear day, the water from them is scalding. You have to mix it with cold water to take a shower.

• There was always an open door.

I do not think it was always open. In any case, even with an open door and approved ventilation equipment, a small factory with 1 MW of heat release is sweltering. I have been in factories with much less equipment than this, ~200 kW, and it was sweltering. Like standing next to an open fire.

You need industrial grade approved equipment to keep from killing people with heat releases on the megawatt scale. In something like a warship engine room, when the blowers fail because of battle damage, for example in the battle of Midway, people quickly die. It is gruesome.

Ship engines are the easiest heat engines to cool down, with the best Carnot efficiency, because they are surrounded by cooling fluid -- the ocean. Still, the latest generation of £1bn British warships have been breaking down, leaving the crew in darkness, because the water in the Persian Gulf is so warm:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/…tain-royal-navy-warships/

Rule, Britannia!

Britannia waives the rules.

(But not the laws of thermodynamics.)

• My old hot rod, on a roller dyno, made enough heat in 10 minutes to make everyone sweat their shirts through and nearly unbearable heat, in a 5 bay warehouse, with six 2 m diameter cooling fans running full blast.

One big fan in front of the car (to supply the radiator with fresh air), two fans facing out the dyno bay, and three fans bringing in air from the other bay doors.

• Breaking News - The Emergency Broadcast Network on Planet Rossi is believed to have been activated.

Either air raid or missile warning sirens have been heard on Planet Rossi.

All denizens real and imagine are being advised to take cover.

Inbound truth and reality strikes are reported to be imminent.

They are advised to monitor P.R. EBN for upcoming announcements.

• I have some on my building, they make a noticeable difference to my energy expenditures.

• Still dont understand how the heat radiation or efficiency of passive water heaters located in southern Japan would have any meaningful influence on the temperature in the Doral facility.

That had nothing to do with it. I was discussing a weird comment by ele:

"No my dear 1 MW can't cook a warehouse. 1MW is the thermal power that a surface of approx 1000 square meters (50 x 20) receives from the sun. Quite normal for any warehouse."

He thinks that all of the solar energy that reaches the roof of a building magically enters into the building and does not escape. In fact, most of it is reflected right back into the atmosphere where it soon radiates into space. When you look at the earth from space, it is a bright object, not a black box that absorbs all solar radiation.

You can capture some solar light with an actual black box (a solar heater). If you then bring that heat into the building it will heat up the rooms. Efficient solar heating from the entire roof in a 1-story building would make the rooms intolerably hot.

Solar water heaters in Japan used to be simple, passive devices for one purpose only: to heat the bath water. They were about 1 m x 2 m. The water would stay in the tanks until you opened a single tap, displacing it with cold water, dumping the hot water into the bathtub in the evening. It was incredibly hot. (I used at 7 a.m. in the shower, after jogging. It was already hot, hot, hot.) People wash outside the tub in Japan, so everyone uses the same hot water. People often used to leave the water in the tub overnight to use it the next morning in the washing machine. Japanese people were frugal back in the 1970s. Nowadays, many houses have much larger arrays of PV solar cells.

• Dewey,

I do not now, nor have I ever believed that Andrea Rossi built and Energy out>Energy In

Device., Obviously, you do not either,

However, I am curious how a group of smart lawyer type people like you got conned out of so much money by an obvious scam artist like Andrea Rossi?

What exactly were you thinking, who was on your discovery team, what single biggest piece of evidence tipped in The Ecat favor, and what did your due diligence indicate?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.