Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Was the energy used to prep the experiment and heat the vacuum chamber subtracted from the excess heat gained?

Was there any noticed transmutation?

If so, what was it?

Mizuno isn't Rossi.

I never discuss work in progress by any researcher. You have to wait for the researcher to publish. Or contact him or her directly. Some are happy to share information before it is published. Others prefer not to.

As a copy editor I never discuss unpublished information. That's a violation of academic standards. I also never upload papers without permission.

• Official Post

Yes is ridicouls to have to discuss with people that have an agenda and must say that any data from Rossi is fake.

That is not serious and also damage all the LENR community.

If someone want to pay me for my desperation, I accept ETH and EUR.

Sadly I have a tendency to let my opinion leak before I'm paid.

Except maybe Sifferkoll, and Franck who have assets depending on the issue, most people have no more reason to say what they say, than saving their hope, sharing their sadness or furor, warning respected victims, or enjoying being right in public, especially in front of gullible people.

I'm more concerned with people working on NiH/LiAlH4 protocols, because many people invest time and money in what I consider a new domain, thinking it is a replication...

I wish NiH works as Piantelli/Miley have seen, and it can be improved with recent ideas.

• Official Post

Mr wong was the first that i read off that had knowledge of thermodinamics. I don't like it making fun off him. He didn't say nothing in favour of Rossi or IH, he just gave his opinion

Gerald,

Fair enough. Mr. Wong has done nothing wrong, nor has Murray and Smith. They all are all very qualified, deserving of respect for their accomplishments, and simply giving their opinions. Many of their opinions unfortunately, are based on best guess, as Rossi repurposed, or destroyed, the very plumbing system all three are being asked to testify about. Had everything been kept in tact, this would not be the guessing game it has become.

To be honest with you, I think Rossi wanted it that way. ;)

• His [Murray's] simulation might not either have taken in consideration the possibility to dissipate heat by opening a door, and air conditioned working areas

It did take into consideration an open door. The simulation showed that would have little effect. He said so in the deposition. However, the simulation was mainly designed to simulate the situation in the warehouse when Murray himself was there, and when he made observations. The opposing lawyer kept saying, "but what if the door was usually open" or what if this, or what if that other condition was in place. Murray kept responding, "that wasn't the condition when I was there." When he was there, he survived. He was not cooked. He wasn't even uncomfortable. His simulation showed that with even a fraction of 1 MW he would have been cooked.

• Official Post

Considering this reaches a jury, I think JDs best witness will be Barry West. Whatever side you may be on, his testimony will come across as honest, unbiased, and unfiltered. He is just a good old boy who got along, or tried to, with everyone, but sharp as can be. Do not let his poor English let you think otherwise.

After reading all the depositions, IMO the IH side is the most open, and with the exception of Bass, the Rossi side the least (open). Not too surprising considering Fabiani moved to Russia, Penon will not come to the USA for deposition, Johnson is a lawyer -a 3rd rate one at that, and Rossi is...well he is Rossi.

• Here's an idea:

JMP = Joint Mills Project: they excite Mills' hydrinos back to the 'ground state' of hydrogen.

Hydrinos explained:

----------------------------------------

"...when Hydrogen and Oxygen combine to form a water molecule, about 2.5 eV of energy is released per water molecule formed.

When Hydrogen shrinks to form a second level Hydrino (Hydrogen itself is considered to be the first level Hydrino), about 41 eV of energy is released. This is already about 16 times more than when Hydrogen and Oxygen combine to form water. And it gets better from there. If that newly formed Hydrino collides with another catalyst atom, and shrinks again, to the third level, then an additional 68 eV is released."
    http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Hydrinos_explained.html

----------------------------------------

A reverse process:

H2O steam + hydrinos + oxygen => H2O water

would consume a lot of energy, and we do see the 20-40 deg C drop in temperature. H2O steam is the catalyst in this reverse process and the discrete 104.5046, 103.9364, and 105.0723 deg C steam temperatures are precisely tuned for the hydrino energy levels.

The only thing you'd need on the Joint Mills Project side is hydrino tank(s).

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2017 or 2018 will be awarded jointly to Dr. Mills and Dr. Rossi.

(I've always liked science fiction.) :)

• Jed,

A. You have, again elegantly not answered re Murray about 40mm

diam steam pipe. Is this statement of Joe- truth, error, lie, imagination?

B. On your deathbed you will surely whisper "half full pipe at Doral!" so both Penon and Rossi have lied that it was full, you and your invisible photographies are granitic proofs of the contrary.

Do not forget that the flowmeter works starting from 0.3 bars, that is a 3 meters high watr column...OK.

C. You see here how many raw data were collected and recorded, how the manometer was measuring a few millibars adove and under atm. pressure and this means the JMP heat consuming system- unknown for you but known for the Judge has worked and condensation of steam created'vacuum' (relative) driving force in the system.

I predict soon with your ideas re the Plant you will be unhappy as a jobless meteorologist.

peter

• I think the pipe diameter was an error or a miscommunication. The problem lies when you think you have this big list of gotchas but don't bother trying to figure out whether they are likely or not.

Rossi using a single DN40 pipe was unlikely whether he is a fraud or not.

• For me, the almost perfect atmospheric pressure for at least much of three days is proof that nothing was happening, or that the sensor was in fact measuring atmospheric pressure instead of the inside of a stream delivery pipe.

Was the sensor screwed into a blind hole? How does the stream pressure otherwise match atmospherics? How does the Plant detect a load variation and compensate without tipping a delicate balance between vacuum and pressure?

• For me, the almost perfect atmospheric pressure for at least much of three days is proof that nothing was happening, or that the sensor was in fact measuring atmospheric pressure instead of the inside of a stream delivery pipe.

Perhaps it was broken. As noted here several times, it was not designed to be used at temperatures this high.

• JedRothwell ,

The pressure sensor seems to have been working. It reports in an barA, and it was reporting a constant 1 bar, or at least the digital equivalent of almost exactly 1 bar.

This is at least for the few days in April from Fabiani's spreadsheet that Rossi had a piece of.

More strange is the blank part of the spreadsheet, where the 1/2 hour sample intervals are there, but the data is not.

• If the steam-pipes were all shipped to Miami along with the other (at some later point despoiled) piping they should have been the correct size for the job. Some-one in NC (Murray?) would have done the sums and ordered them.

Yes but remember that Rossi did not use the plumbing set up by Murray and even threw out the tank. There is no reason to believe what size pipe was used in Florida. That is why the spoliation issue is important. If Rossi threw away the pipes than there is no way to prove what size was actually used and the burden of proof is on Rossi to come up with something that shows the pipe size or the court will have to accept the adverse view.

• DT April 1, 2017 at 3:21 AM

Dear Andrea

The presentation of the QuarkX will be made - measuring the efficiency
    with the Boltzmann and Wien equations or with standard calorimetry
    heating a fluid?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warm Regards, D.T.
    ------------
    Andrea Rossi April 1, 2017 at 10:16 AM

DT: With standard calorimetry heating a fluid.

Warm Regards, A.R.

• Official Post

If Rossi threw away the pipes than there is no way to prove what size was actually used and the burden of proof is on Rossi to come up with something that shows the pipe size or the court will have to accept the adverse view.

For which there is evidence other than opinions? Nobody at IH seems to be clear on this so far. But you miss my point, perhaps deliberately. Why not use them, what would be the point in not doing so?

• Remember exhibit 5 (email from Murray) and how some people here thought it was bad that Penon hadn't answered? Here's what Penon has to say about it:

So Penon claims he didn't answer the e-mail because Murray had already asked those questions.

• There is something I do not understand from the Penon collected data though a VPN. If he only came 4 times (and he was the ERV) why was the data transcribed to paper? That bothers me. One simple power "extended" power failure on his UPS could cause issues with this setup. Regardless of the devices involved.

That would lead possibly to an extended loss of data, this would I would think be kinda bad for Mr. Rossi as his test data would not be valid for that block in time when it was not recorded thus invalidating the data putting 'his possible GPT' at risk. From earlier in this thread another user said they would not use a laptop here to collect data. This bothers me as I have used them at least several hundred times as heads to download or in some cases upload data mostly with rs-232 but now with VPN's. It is SOP as putting a head on a device, and it is often called for at least once in its life regardless.

Regardless the laptop could safely and securely store and move the data. Even if rs-232 they all have enough built in tools to capture "blobs" of data that could be parsed off into a CSV file for a spreadsheet.

I do not understand the need, it leads me to speculate that it (paper transcription) was done on purpose. Can someone provide a reason?

• I think the pipe diameter was an error or a miscommunication. The problem lies when you think you have this big list of gotchas but don't bother trying to figure out whether they are likely or not.

Rossi using a single DN40 pipe was unlikely whether he is a fraud or not.

If I recall correctly, Murray testified in a deposition that the piping inside the amongst the reactors was DN40. He testified that he couldn't tell what the main steam pipe to the customer was because it was covered with insulation but he imagined it was DN80.

In Exhibit 5, the letter to Penon, Murray said piping was DN40 which as many people figured out couldn't be correct for the main steam pipe. So his statement was only partially correct (or partially wrong depending on what kind of person you are).

Of course we don't know what the main piping ever was because it was removed and re-purposed by Rossi but I don't think Murray ever explicitly and intentionally called out that pipe as DN40.

Sorry no references for this but I don't have the time to dig them up. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

• Now that you've looked at the actual data I agree with you. Depending on when half the reactors were turned on and off we'd get an intermediate value on each day.

• In Exhibit 5, the letter to Penon, Murray said piping was DN40 which as many people figured out couldn't be correct for the main steam pipe.

It probably was correct. It just meant there could not be as much steam as Penon claimed, but that is obvious for many other reasons. Penon and Rossi never responded to Exhibit 5, so I assume everything in it is correct. If they had answers, they would have given them.

Rossi apparently ripped out the pipes to hide evidence, but perhaps there are still holes in the wall.

Anyway, DN40 or 80 makes no difference. There are, as I said, many other reasons showing why the claims are impossible and the data is fake.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.