Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• ele

Which ones are applicable in this case?

By the way, here is Bass:

• But steam-reforming of methane etc is a very high temperature process.

At which temperature ? My was only an example of one type of possible reaction.

If we make some consideration about energy we should also note that the large amount of energy is spent in water heating and steam generation.

Once we have steam then his heat capacity is less then water so his temperature could be risen much easily.

Specific heat water - 4.187 kJ/kgK. Specific heat ice - 2.108 kJ/kgK. Specific heat water vapor - 1.996 kJ/kgK

• At which temperature ? My was only an example of one type of possible reaction.

If we make some consideration about energy we should also note that the large amount of energy is spent in water heating and steam generation.

Once we have steam then his heat capacity is less then water so his temperature could be risen much easily.

Specific heat water - 4.187 kJ/kgK. Specific heat ice - 2.108 kJ/kgK. Specific heat water vapor - 1.996 kJ/kgK

How do you get high temperatures from a 104C steam output?

• The system from current evidence remains very undetermined. The key issue is:
    Is there a recirculation path bypassing the ecats as Smith suggests
    Is something weird happening, to make the additional flow, in which case we need an additional pump.
    Is the flowmeter over-reading massively.

Smith suggest..... but he never actually seen the plant and also he admitted that he does not base his opinion on any scientific or theoretical principle but just on his own experience.

When asked if he had any experience of nuclear plants he said to have no experience in that field.

Flow calculations also seem wrong. As far as I can see he hadn't used the integral of hydraulic pressure.

And that would be an expert ?

• As IHFB has said few pages ago, the state inspector has testified that he observed a steam leak.....

Why on earth would anyone fill an entire warehouse with steam ?

Because obviously in a system where the internal pressure ranged from atmospheric to some untold level of vacuum,

the only possible way to have a leak is from (higher to lower pressure) the surrounding atmosphere INTO the system.

So if you believe the pressure readings, then you know

a. there could not be a steam leak OUT of the system

b. the readings are junk

c. the warehouse was full of steam and the leak was INTO the system

Pete

• The only way I see any endothermic reaction absorbing enough heat from the one megawatt plant to make a difference is if Andrea Rossi had someone in the JM Products container continuously changing out the reactors inside the sepentine tubes or if there was some type of NUCLEAR ENDOTHERMIC REACTIONS taking place. What was alleged to be going on in the JM Product container was alleged to be pretty exotic, utilizing high voltage fields for Project Beagle Bone.

Just jumping in to clarify in case anyone doesn't know: the 'Beagle Bone' talk from the deposition was clearly referring to the BeagleBone open source low-cost linux-based micro-controller/computer. A parallel device to the Raspberry Pi, which was also mentioned in the same deposition, and in the same context. Rossi and Bass did mention high voltage circuits (and there is a nice and entertaining post by 'can' from deposition of an email conversation where Rossi is trying to get Bass to build him a tiny MegaVolt transformer, and Bass is objecting because of the seemingly impossible dielectric materials requirement (QuarkX)?

There is nothing mysterious about the Beagle Bone: or the Raspberry Pi . They are just credit-card sized cheap computers optimized for process control and robotics.

Maybe Rossi is finally going to build all those robotic factories he's said are 'just about finished' for the past 6 years using Beaglebone Black (or Blue) computers?

But tiny cheap computers are not heat sinks. And neither is several grams (at most) of platinum, or graphene, or nickel (over a year).

So where did that 1MW of heat go? Hmmm.

But it does appear that those four pipes going up to the ceiling are more than capable of venting around 20-40KW of heat all day, no problem. So there's that.

Now, let's think. Why would Rossi need to vent 20KW of heat all day and night. Hmmm. Not sure.... Think. Think, think, think....

• Now Rossi did generate some heat and he probably sent that into an insulated container (customer black box) where it wound through some pipes and returned no doubt cooler. That heat had to go somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he vented out those pipes and up through the ceiling and cargo doors or some other simple mechanism to expel the heat that he did generate.

It was 10 or 20 kW. That is like having 4 to 8 small space heaters in an office, or one kitchen oven. You do not need any special ventilation to remove that much heat. Ordinary HVAC equipment will handle it.

• As an aside, Rossi has talked for many years about 'robotic factories', and in the deposition with Bass about Beagle Bones and Raspberry Pis but when it came to a 'test' he asserts had $89 Million riding on it, he had to write down the performance data by hand every day (at a time he can't seem to remember).

Whatever you think about Rossi, he is most certainly enigmatic.

• I guess the state inspector who has no horse in the race lied then.

Excellent point. Why would he.

So the obvious conclusion from that nugget is that the pressure readings are fake.

Either that or the pressure increased further along the system,

meaning that the "steam" could not condensate and hence cool down.

Ahhh, but that would mean the reported temperatures were fake.

What a conundrum

Pete

• Does anyone know where in the system those heating bands were placed? My guess would be either on the pipe flowing through the central heating pump or the bypass. I'm pretty sure the original trick used on the old 10kW reactors was to internally bleed off a small portion of the water and flash steam it with the heater bands then mix it back giving a mix of hot water and steam localized near the temperature and steam sensors. Remember all the water draining out of the hose pipe mixed with the pitiful steam that 'impressed' Levi.

• Malcolm Lear

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…en-docket-and-case-files/

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0194.08_Exhibit_8.pdf

These ones?

Q. There was some testimony previously, and I might be using the wrong terms here. I am trying to remember the phrase you used. I think you referred to them as heated -- heated -- heat cords or heat coils and somebody else referred to them as heat strips. Are you aware of some kind of heating device used to keep pipes warm? Is it called a heat -- what do you call it? Did you call it a heat cord?

A. I did not call them. They have been cited probably from Jim Bass.

Q. Well, he called them a heat strip

A. Somebody called it heat strip, et cetera.

Q. What would you call it?

A. Well, they can also -- the technical name is heating cables.

Q. Heating cables.

A. And they are -- or heaters.

Q. There were heating cables installed in the -- in the container at the J.M. Products side, correct?

A. Yes, it is correct.

Q. They were installed in those insulated pipes that we saw back in Exhibit 11?

A. Yes, it is correct.

Q. When were those -- when were the heating cables installed?

A. From the beginning.

Q. And were they there through the end, through the --

A. Yes, yes.

Q. Let me ask the question again.

A. Through the end of the test.

Q. Through the end always ends up being unclear, right?

A. Yes, of course

Those are the same insulated pipes which were supposed to also contain Ni-Pt-C reactors.

• Doc. 248, defendants' reply on opposition to motion exclude Dr. Wong, now on the docket together with its exhibits:

Very interesting and timely! Having just pointed out that there is no evidence for the second floor heat exchanger, IH is now arguing that any expert opinion must be based on “based on sufficient facts or data” and so Wong's opinion must be thrown out. Makes sense to me. Will have to see how the Judge handles this.

• Official Post

So Darden was informed about the fact that JMC was a newco created to represent a Customer who wanted to be unrevealed. I think that most of the objects that were in the JMC side of the Plant belonged to this Customer, who took them back at the end of the test. So there was no spoliation made by Rossi.

SSC,

I can see why you are still a Rossi supporter...you have not done your homework! And since Roger gave you a thumbs-up, he probably has not done so either. The passage you copy, is from Jun 2014, when Rossi is still trying to persuade IH on Doral. With that in mind, go back and re-read 207-41, and everywhere Rossisays: "customer, replace CEO, JMC, they will, they may" insert "me, I, myself". :)

When you do that, then read Rossi's testimony in his 194-08 deposition, where he admits he *IS* JMP (initially named JMC).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.