Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• I'm skeptical of the picture shown in Smith's report. It doesn't really match any of the other Google shots. It hasn't been authenticated, we are left to guess who took the photo, and there is no evidence provided of the claimed date that it was taken.

I realise that being mistaken about Rossi must have been a shock - but - you know - not everyone lies and misdirects. Whatever evidence there is will be presented in Court and challenged. No-one is going to lie. Though Wong can give an estimate 10X larger than should be.

• No, probably by way of the four pipes that appear to be associated with the JMP container, and which look nothing like electrical conduits. Electrical conduit piping looks like this: https://steeltubeinstitute.org…t/types-of-steel-conduit/

Sorry, disagree with your opinion about what piping looks like.

Anyway, if you really consider that some of this "pipes" are used to get the steam up into to mezzanine level, you surely can see that in this case the steam exits the JMP box at the bottom level - so at a much lower level than it enters the JMP box - and then goes straight up.

That means, this steam piping represent a syphon, which would quickly fill up with condensate, and then block the steam.

• Sorry, disagree with your opinion about what piping looks like.

Anyway, if you really consider that some of this "pipes" are used to get the steam up into to mezzanine level, you surely can see that in this case the steam exits the JMP box at the bottom level - so at a much lower level than it enters the JMP box - and then goes straight up.

That means, this steam piping represent a syphon, which would quickly fill up with condensate, and then block the steam.

What do you think the beige box is? (The one with the pipe openings/fittings.)

• But the clouds are reflected only in that particular window, and no others. Perhaps it is the only one correctly aligned with the camera, but it is a remarkable coincidence.

We have a lot of photos with cloud-like reflections. So it is only remarkable if you want to make a point.

I'm not sure what point you want to make? Let us suppose hypothetically that this does show a plume of steam inside the building). That in no way validates a heat exchanger! Even Rossi, careless as he is, cannot run heat exchangers with steam leaks that continue for long periods. And the location of the hypothetical leak makes no sense given there would be ducting up to the window from the 1m height box. The whole thing is a mind-game - worse than whack-a-mole because the thing we are whacking is not really even a mole.

• The mole whacking certainly must go both ways. I've been whacking stupid moles for going on well over a year, starting with the temperature FUD, then moving to the small radiator / fan FUD, then moving to the DN40 FUD and associated pressure FUD, then moving to the window pane FUD, and I'm sure I'm failing to mention many intervening FUD (e.g., pump FUD). FUD, moles, and misdirection: I'm really tiring of it all.

• Isn't interesting that in Smith's report, where he analyzed the photo of the front of the Doral location, he had a bunch of big bold red arrows and comments pointing to everything except the two missing panes. Because of this, I didn't even notice the two missing panes until after a close second take. If this is not an example of in-your-face misdirection, I don't know what is.

• I'm skeptical of the picture shown in Smith's report. It doesn't really match any of the other Google shots. It hasn't been authenticated, we are left to guess who took the photo, and there is no evidence provided of the claimed date that it was taken.

It is not surprising in the least that you would doubt the accuracy of the date on the Smith photo. But would you agree that if the date of the Smith photo is accurate, we can probably set aside E48's suggestion (as conveyed by joshg) joshg's speculation about there being screens in the window specifically above the doors?

From joshg:

From Smith (doc. 248-06):

Here we're considering a hypothetical, not a statement about the actual state of affairs: if there were reflecting panes in the window above the doors in Nov. 3, 2015, then there were likely to have been panes in the windows in April 2015, and we can discount the probability of there being vents issuing out of the windows above the doors, contrary to E48's (reported) joshg's speculation. Would you agree with this?

Here we're not considering your low-probability suggestion of the panes being missing from the middle window.

ETA: fixed after joshg's clarification

• But the clouds are reflected only in that particular window, and no others. Perhaps it is the only one correctly aligned with the camera, but it is a remarkable coincidence.

I will not have time to do this today, but perhaps someone more OCD than me will be interested? Something that could be useful in dispelling some unlikely speculation about the reflection or lack of reflection in the windows at various times would be to line up close-ups of all of the relevant photos, grouping by approximate date, and from different angles. If a window looks opaque from one angle, perhaps it shows a reflection from another angle around the same time. The windows do not even need to be the ones for the Rossi unit; any unit will do.

• The mole whacking certainly must go both ways. I've been whacking stupid moles for going on well over a year, starting with the temperature FUD, then moving to the small radiator / fan FUD, then moving to the DN40 FUD and associated pressure FUD, then moving to the window pane FUD, and I'm sure I'm failing to mention many intervening FUD (e.g., pump FUD). FUD, moles, and misdirection: I'm really tiring of it all.

IHFB,

Don't give up! You are doing a great job and the LENR needs you.

An IHFB Fanboy

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.