Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Official Post

Was a little rushed this morning. Anyways, 248-06 (Smith report) also has 2 photos taken from the Leonardo (1MW) side. Both show the entryway/door, above the JMP side, on the 2nd floor that allows access into the upper mezzazine area. That is the area the supposed heat exchanger was. According to Rossi, he ran the pipes through that door. You can see the top of the dividing wall in the bottom of each pic.

The top pic was taken during a Penon site visit, sometime during the test. The bottom was taken at 0900 EST, the morning after the test ended...so 17 Feb 2016.

Smith notes, and I concur, there are no pipes running through the door in either pic.

If the windows were not enough to convince you that Rossi is full of baloney, than this should.

• If 1mW of heat where flowing out of a window, I would think that there would be wavy resolution around the window. Have you ever looked across a hot car and noticed how there is "atmospheric distortion"? As an amateur astronomer, "atmospheric distortion" is often a problem in getting good photos.

1 mW? Did you happen to work on the 1st draft of the JMC agreement?

• I pointed out some time ago (soon after the license agreement was published) that an obscure paragraph seemed to say that in the event the agreement is found to be invalid, or is abandoned by either party, the license rights revert to AEG at no cost. No one here seemed to think it significant at the time, but to me it looked like an invitation for scheming.

The IH/AEG agreement is at 207-16 : http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.16_Exhibit_16.pdf

I can't find a "revert" clause.

There was an earlier (Oct 26, 2012) "Memorandum of terms" which is superseded by this agreement.

Edit : the Rossi/IH agreement 01-2 http://coldfusioncommunity.net…6/11/0001.2_Exhibit_B.pdf section 16,2 page 16 DOES say something like that. ... "The [Rossi] AEG agreement will be deemed reinstated in full."

• At that low back-pressure the delivered (and metered?) flow could be "several times" larger.

That's why you should/need to install backpressure valves - as shown on page 2 of the manual you have provided - when metering into atmospheric pressure or a vacuum:

... are used to create a constant back pressure to ensure precise feed rates and to protect against over-metering or to increase metering precision if the back pressure is fluctuating or when metering into atmospheric pressure or a vacuum.

• I'm going to leave it at that, filed under the (as usual) neither proven nor disproven category.

But again, not impressed by Smith. He read the label but not the technical manual. (See IF/BUT/THEN foo above).

Edit : going WAY back to the original ecat tests, Levi was criticised for reporting a flow bigger than the pump could deliver. But I don't recall whether that was for a peristaltic or solenoid pump. But might be the same condition : pump delivers more than specified maximum at atmospheric pressure.

Edit 2 : The original flow criticism was a different pump : Discussion at https://animpossibleinvention.…i-ih-affair/#comment-4694

vu0bW93.jpg

Edit 3 : This LMI J56D is a diaphragm pump, similar to to Prominent. For it, too the manual https://www.lmi-pumps.com/lmi-…otionNew/157983_1615n.pdf warns :

If you are pumping downhill or into low or no system pressure,
    a back pressure/anti-syphon device such as LMI's Four Function
    Valve should be installed to prevent overpumping or syphoning.
    Contact your LMI distributor for furthur information

• I asked a contact who knows a bit about air conditioning to check out the Doral building's capacity fot unforced heat loss...this is his calculation.

Are you sure that your contact considered in his calculation that on a sunny summer day in Miami you get quite some sun radiation, which heats up the roof and walls (are they metal cladding?) of such a warehouse to very unconfortable temperatures?

There is this second law of thermodynamics...

• Wow Alan, that drives the final nail into the PUMP FUD.

• Oh, for heavens's sake! Look at all the windows in the complex, from few different angles.

Some look 'missing', some look reflective, some have something behind the glass.

And then move to another viewpoint along the street view, and suddenly the "missing-looking', reflective, stuff behind, etc. looks a little different.

It's not like all the tenants were busy popping out and quickly replacing windows as the Google car drove by, just to confuse us.

Oh, not sure such certainty is called for. I just did another careful review of all angles from each lane, I don't see any credible reflections in the two left-hand panes of the window in question. The only one that might be is the clouded/steamed view that you have highlighted, but as Alan pointed out, it is the only window in the shot that has supposed "clouds" reflecting from it.

The clearest picture we have is from Smith's report, and it takes some vivid imagination to think that the two window panes to the left with no reflection have panes, given that they are immediately adjacent to two panes that undoubtedly have panes and reflections.

The only other shot that I could find that even came close to showing what might be a reflection is shown below. To me, this looks more like equipment behind a screen than a reflection.

• The clearest picture we have is from Smith's report, and it takes some vivid imagination to think that the two window panes to the left with no reflection have panes, given that they are immediately adjacent to two panes that undoubtedly have panes and reflections.

It requires no imagination whatsoever to suppose that there are panes in that window you labeled "No Pane", or in the lefthand side of the middle window in Smith's photo. But it does require imagination to assume that there is no pane. We are led to believe, then, that there is a gaping open window leading into the upper story of a warehouse that contains IP worth 89 million dollars, one that remains open at night, left to the temptation of any passersby. One that is clearly covered over with a glass pane at an earlier date. One that looks very similar to the panes in the picture that Paradigmnoia linked to. This is getting silly.

• Official Post

Around the opening Rossi cut in the dry wall, which is between the metal stubs being 22 1/2 wide x 79 high is a very strong frame made from 4x4 or 100x100 timber which could carry a LOT of weight:

Thumbnail

Weight such as steam and condensate tubing and electrical cable supported by the heavy timber frame around the opening. An opening that aligns to the pathway that such piping would follow if it exited from the North / left side of the JM Black Box as Rossi claims.

To the left of the opening there appears to be black marks on the dry wall which look like black hoses rubbing against the dry wall and moving about a bit.

Also note the top of the dry wall opening seems to chaffed as if pipes / hoses / electrical cables were pressing against it and they moved around a bit, fraying the lower edge of the dry wall.

Edit: IHFB, this was a copy and paste. Not my words. Care to comment?

• It requires no imagination whatsoever to suppose that there are panes in that window you labeled "No Pane", or in the lefthand side of the middle window in Smith's photo. But does require imagination to assume that there is no pane.

So I just showed a young child, who is under the age of 8, this image and asked: "which of these has glass and which does not have glass." He quickly pointed out that the two on the left did not have glass and that the two on the right did. Then said: "that was easy."

We should let others judge for themselves. I've always known you Eric to be even-handed in your observations. This one seems blatantly obvious to me, and to a young child, and I'm honestly perplexed why it isn't to you.

We are led to believe, then, that there is a gaping open window leading
    into the upper story of a warehouse that contains IP worth 89 million
    dollars, one that remains open at night, left to the temptation of any
    passersby.

It could have easily been rigged with an alarm, which would not be apparent to an outside view. In addition, we are told that there was an on-duty guard there around the clock. We also know that someone from IH and/or Rossi were there around the clock.

One that is clearly covered over with a glass pane at an
    earlier date. One that looks very similar to the panes in the picture

that Paradigmnoia linked to. This is getting silly.

The only other view that even remotely shows those two left panes as having a reflection is the cloud/steam shot.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.