Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• To say that the report must be faulty, or even preposterous, is not the solution, because with the means available to us from the outside, we simply do not have the possibility to produce evidence and therefore it is all but a presumption.

That's absurd. Anyone with knowledge of calorimetry, instruments or basic thermodynamics can look at the report and see it is a preposterous fake. Rossi supporters refuse to look at it. Or they look at it and see sequences such as 36,000, 18,000, 36,000 and say "ho hum, nothing wrong with that." Which proves they have no idea what they are talking about.

The Penon report could not be more convincing or more clear proof of fraud. It shouts out that conclusion.

• There was no contractual requirement (AFAIK) that this plant should produce 1MW of heat continuously. Running at 250kW would be fine, so long as the COP was high enough to meet the required standard. Perhaps someone can point me to a contradictory clause in the disputed contract that says otherwise?

You are right. There was no contractual requirement for that. If Rossi himself had not claimed the device produced 1 MW, there would be no dispute about this particular issue. No one would be talking about the invisible pipes or the non-existent heat exchanger in the mezzanine. If Rossi had simply claimed there was 20 kW input and 40 kW output, we would all agree his warehouse HVAC could handle that. That would the equivalent to 2 or 3 stoves.

Rossi was the one who brought about this controversy, by making a preposterous claim.

Mind you, given the equipment he used, there was no way he could have proved it was 20 kW in and 40 kW out. There was no way to test steam quality, and the flow rate was obviously wrong. So, 40 kW would have been disputed. But not because the heat would have killed the observers.

If he actually had 40 kW output, with convincing proof, I.H. would have happily paid him the $89 million.

• Why not email Bo Hoistadt and ask him about Ni/H research? It would be interesting to know what they are doing over there.

I do know anything about that. I have heard reports that a new group of marks in Sweden is preparing to fund Rossi's latest claim for the blurry-blue-LED quark-X or whatever he calls it. Does he even claim that is Ni/H? I don't know what he claims about that.

• Official Post

JedRothwell

I have no idea about the Quark. I think it runs on nano-diamond pixie dust. But an email from someone of your stature to Upsalla might be of sufficient interest to warrant a reply.

WMartin

You are quite correct. I was wrong to think you need new evidence as necessary grounds to appeal in the USA. Recent judgements in the UK courts have made it more acceptable here. There is also a between difference civil and criminal cases here that has some bearing on this.

• And as far as we know, all of them worked.

As far as you know? You know nothing. You just make up stuff and call it facts. I happen to know that none of those tests worked. I probably know more about them than you do.

For a while, people thought the Lugano test might have worked, but it was a bust. None of the other tests worked. They were done by people who know more about calorimetry and LENR than Rossi does, or than you do. Heck, you don't even understand that water boils at different temperatures depending on pressure. That's elementary school science and you got it wrong. You won't admit that, and of course you will not discuss any technical details or try to show an error in the Smith report. Just because you are ignorant and you dance around and evade the issues, that does not make you right.

• A single truck radiator ought to be good for 100kW at a reasonable wind-speed (20-30 mph). This is because a 300kW fully loaded truck climbing a gradient needs to be able to dissipate that much heat via the radiator.

OOPS. I got this wrong --

A truck radiator has to dissipate a lot more heat than that. I do not know what size truck that is for, but suppose it is a large American GM pickup truck, such as the 420 HP Silverado model. That's 313 kW. Unfortunately, ICE engines are extremely inefficient. Around 30% at best, for Diesels. To produce that peak power, the truck has to produce ~600 kW of waste heat. Most of that comes out at the radiator, I think. (Some is radiated from engine block, the transmission and so on.)

Even if that radiator was only needed to dissipate 100 kW, you could not put it inside the warehouse without a hood and large ventilation fans. That is too much heat for an enclosed space. That is the size of a large commercial kitchen, which must have hoods and fans. On the other hand, you could put the truck radiator outside the building. That would work fine. I think any sensible person would do that.

The radiator does not work by itself, passively. A automotive radiator is always coupled with a large, powerful fan. I think that would be needed even at 100 kW, which is roughly what a pickup truck produces while idling or driving slowly with no load. It will overheat if the fan breaks. So, for this to work, you would have a large radiator and a powerful fan outside the building. Anyone would see that.

ADDENDUM: I forgot that a lot of the heat goes out with the exhaust gas. I don't recall how much, but perhaps the radiator would only need to dissipate ~100 or 200 kW. Anyway, it would still be best to put it outside.

• Rossi as JMP doesn't agree with Rossi as supplier of water meter data to the ERV, which doesn't agree with Fabiani as third source of water meter data.

So the water meter data is useless.

And all the COP reports are directly tied to the water meter data.

Just from that, the suggestion of 'guaranteed performance' is a farce, upon which the wobbly tower of simultaneous additional farces are stacked.

• Rossi as JMP doesn't agree with Rossi as supplier of water meter data to the ERV, which doesn't agree with Fabiani as third source of water meter data.

So the water meter data is useless.

And all the COP reports are directly tied to the water meter data.

Just from that, the suggestion of 'guaranteed performance' is a farce, upon which the wobbly tower of simultaneous additional farces are stacked.

Yes, but you must admit Rossi and his individually detachable window panes provides some entertainment... Perhaps Ele will explain the cunning mechanism Rossi invented to do this, running up and down stairs as the JMP customer changed his heat requirements...

On second thoughts - I can see some practical problems asking the JMP customer to do anything at the same time as Rossi is busy with the detachable window-pane device.

• By "strong technical background", do you mean software analysts and electronic circuits teachers writing 2k+ posts about thermocouples?

Typically software analysts have no training in mass flow and thermodynamics. Electronic engineers do, as part of the 'common core' of engineering, not to the highest levels maybe, but enough to form correct opinions.

and by people "lacking any technical training, experience, or knowledge", industry-savvy engineers having worked with steam or complicated machinery for decades (Engineer48, Peter Gluck, Rionrlty and others) ?

Oh dear. Peter Gluck is the one (or perhaps first) exception that I mentioned. Rionrlty, according to himself, is a former realtor! Nothing wrong with that of course, we all can be interested in topics outside our careers, but then, would you trust an engineer to get the legal matters of a house sale correct first time?

Now who are these other supposed 'experienced' people you mention? Eh? Not yourself, obviously.

• I don't like all the dicussion about pipe diameters etc. Ridiculous!

The question that I would ask is: If someon has an overunity device, produses 1 MW of heat with only 1/50 or 1/80 of input, why would he shut down it, not letting the best performing 3 Tigers in operation and sell the output or convert it to (Carnot) Electricity and sell it back to the grip?

But that is in general a question to all the overunity claims in the market, why do you need funding, if Your device produces usefull output?????

• Official Post

A truck radiator has to dissipate a lot more heat than that. I do not know what size truck that is for, but suppose it is a large American GM pickup truck, such as the 420 HP Silverado model. That's 313 kW. Unfortunately, ICE engines are extremely inefficient. Around 30% at best, for Diesels. To produce that peak power, the truck has to produce ~600 kW of waste heat. Most of that comes out at the radiator, I think. (Some is radiated from engine block, the transmission and so on.)

Not so Jed. The technical source below shows that modern Diesel engine efficiency is in the low 40% region at maximum power. Of the remaining 60% of heat losses - let's say for simplicity's sake 360kW - around equal amounts go out of the exhaust pipe and via the cooling system (which includes an oil-cooler and a turbo inter-cooler.) A small percentage is lost by direct radiation of heat from the engine and transmission and a further small amount by incomplete combustion of fuel. So the MOST the radiator itself is expected to dissipate is 120kW. And that assumes peak power for some time, which is not something truck drivers want to do, that's why they have gearboxes. Driving flat-out for more than a minute or so is not recommended! As for the wind part, they can cope with low wind-speeds when climbing steep grades and fans that draw 2kW at the most.

http://web.mit.edu/2.61/www/Le…%2018%20Heat%20transf.pdf

• It would have to be through some weird contortion of estoppel that the need for finding a customer and IH's dragging its feet in doing so somehow becomes bound up with the GPT.

I do not have the link at the moment, but am fairly certain I can find it.

IH proposed to conduct the GPT in North Carolina in the time frame required, but Rossi refused. This is the memo that stated a "customer" would be much more impressive than conducting it in IH's NC facility. So based upon this, I think there is no basis for Rossi to claim IH delayed the test. They were willing and Rossi refused! Just the opposite. Then the whole fake customer and sale of heat was proposed by Rossi.

• Official Post

...and by the way...

https://thenewfire.files.wordp…6/cherokee_exhibit_13.pdf

• Why not email Bo Hoistadt and ask him about Ni/H research? It would be interesting to know what they are doing over there.

I agree! Not that it would have much relevance to the trial, but it would be interesting as to what they are doing! We have heard the Lugano team was attempting to replicate, but I have seen no real confirmation of that. This would be extremely interesting.

Since Alan seems to have some contact, I would ask him to do the same! :thumbup:

• This is the memo that stated a "customer" would be much more impressive than conducting it in IH's NC facility.

Yes ― that sounds like the Doral term sheet I was referring to (or maybe an email in the same thread), which was, at least initially, very distinct from the GPT. We'll eventually find out what the court thinks about the question of estoppel.

• I don't like all the dicussion about pipe diameters etc. Ridiculous!

The question that I would ask is: If someon has...

All fair points in the bit edited out of your quote, but pipe diameters (and such) have a quantifiable/non-arguable basis, everything else relies on human factors, that are notoriously changeable. Give me a discussion about pipe diameters any day! Far easier to arrive at a firm conclusion...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.