Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• As you said, we can have the answer to 1 & 2 and still end up with COP =3.

Unfortunately, people who have an emotional response to Rossi lieing end up thinking everything is a gotcha against Rossi. The temperature becomes 100.1C, the piping has a 40mm diameter, etc.

We will probably never get to the bottom of question 3 with the info in the "pacemaker", but at least it would be good to get the data and science accurately based on what we have. People like IHFB and me have at some points called out obviously wrong info. Therefore I think it is good to be able to have those discussions going in a respectful manner.

• THe pressure numbers in the exhibit (data for April 1 2015) were less than the atmospheric pressure at Miami for that day.

Can anyone come up with a reason for that other than the measurements are wrong or that there was something

pulling a vacuum on the customer's side?

Sure looks to me like another "nail in the coffin" for the Penon data.

• It seems Jed does not understand the concept of a vacuum. Happy Easter to all!

And you don't understand that there can NEVER be a "steam" leak OUT from a system somewhere between Atmos and Vacuum.

Don't bother with the B.S. tab (or was it paper ?) causing a leak thing again.

Nobody believed it first time around.

• Are you suggesting Rossi's loop worked like a Newcomen engine? How could it? It was open to the atmosphere on the reservoir return side. There was no valve. It would draw in air from the reservoir side instead of drawing the steam through the heat exchanger.

You apparently think it is a perpetual motion machine or a steam engine with no valve in an open cylinder that magically draws from one side of the cylinder but not the other. You cannot generate a vacuum in a pipe that is open to air.

A partial vacuum in a steam condenser pipe would slightly raise the water level in the pipes below, and slightly lower the water level in the reservoir, until the pressures balanced - meanwhile a lot of steam could/would still be pulled through the higher pipes by the same partial vacuum, helped by the vast discrepancy in densities.

Or to put it another way, the Newcomen engine wouldn't have worked if its

water reservoir was placed too low beneath its cylinder.

• Are you suggesting Rossi's loop worked like a Newcomen engine? How could it? It was open to the atmosphere on the reservoir return side. There was no valve. It would draw in air from the reservoir side instead of drawing the steam through the heat exchanger.

You apparently think it is a perpetual motion machine or a steam engine with no valve in an open cylinder that magically draws from one side of the cylinder but not the other. You cannot generate a vacuum in a pipe that is open to air.

No it wouldn't. Only if the condensate pipe was partially filled. And according to your pet theory, it was. But based on the pictures we have, it wasn't.

• Only if the condensate pipe was partially filled. And according to your pet theory, it was. But based on the pictures we have, it wasn't.

The pictures show the reservoir was open to the air, so the pipe could not have been full. Not at that flow rate. But even if it was magically full, condensing steam would pull as much from the reservoir side as the reactor side. It would not move the fluid in either direction. It can only act as a pump if there is a valve that is open to admit steam, and then closed when it is cooled and condensed, like a Newcomen engine. Condensing steam in a pipe that is open on both ends does not move the fluid anywhere.

Anyway, this is all an absurd fantasy. There couldn't have been any steam, as Smith showed.

• @Jed,

There was a pump!

Wait, wait, wait. You can't say that. Not by the "Simon says" rule on Planet Rossi. (I mean the "Rossi says" rule.) Rossi did not show that pump in the schematic. He has not discussed it. So for you people on Planet Rossi, it does not exist.

The thing is, if you admit that pump is real, and you know anything about pumps, you will see that Smith is right and the only reason to have it was to commit fraud. That's why Rossi will not mention it, and why you are duty bound to ignore it.

When Rossi tells you there are pipes and a heat exchanger that magically does not show up in photos and that no one saw or heard -- you automatically believe it. When he denies there is a pump, you automatically believe there was no pump, even when photos show it is there. When the pump face plate lists flow rate X, but Rossi tells you it was 2 X or 4 X, you believe it. That other pump? It doesn't count. It did not add to the flow rate. When he tells you the flow rate magically went from 36,000 to 18,000 and then back to 36,000 you believe it. "Rossi says" is the only rule you go by, so the other pump did not exist -- end of story.

• Talk about some mental gymnastics. There was a pump. It is right there, in the picture.

Nope, not according to you. Photo or not, when Rossi tells you there is no pump, you don't see a pump. He tells you there is no glass, so you see no glass. It works the other way too. When he orders you to see something that is not there, you see it. He tells you there are pipes going upstairs, so even though they do not show up in photos, you see them.

You must not admit there is a pump. Rossi orders you to not believe it, and he is God to you. As I said, the pump contributed to the fraud. Why else do you think Rossi did not show it in the schematic? As Smith explained:

". . . one can see that the black box heat exchanger does not have a steam trap, but it does have a liquid pump. There is no way to stop the alleged steam flow and trap the steam inside the heat exchanger while allowing the condensate to pass through.

The only reason for this unconventional piping arrangement is that hot water is circulating through the system, not steam and condensate. As has been shown previously, there can be no steam flow through this system because of both pressure difference and temperature difference issues.

It is the author’s opinion that the water flow numbers found in Mr. Penon’s report were not generated by condensate returning from the black box. The alleged “steam” and condensate system was in reality a hot water flow circuit using the Grundfos pump to circulate the water through the piping and the water meter.

In fact, there were two water flow circuits. In the “Feedwater Flow” section above, the combined output of the E-cat feedwater pumps is 768 liters per hour, which is equal to 3.38 gallons per minute. This flow was through the BF feed pumps, through the BF units, to the “steam” line, down through the vertical riser, into the return tank, and back to the feed pumps.

The second circuit was from the E-cat “steam” riser, to the serpentine coil in the black box, through the Grundfos pump at the coil outlet, through the water meter (which was the basis for Mr. Penon’s “steam” output numbers), back to the steam riser, and back to the E-cat return tank. . . ."

• @Jed,

Why didn't Smith provide a single photograph of the alleged condensate pipe connection to the steam riser? This feels like DN40 all over again. From what I can gather, Smith likely had to concoct this connection because of his misunderstanding of the maximum pump rate (should have checked the manual).

• Why didn't Smith provide a single photograph of the alleged condensate pipe connection to the steam riser?

He did provide one, I am sure. As he described, he went through the place with two attorneys who recorded everything in detail. There are practically no photos in the papers uploaded to the court so far, but there are many references to photos that must be part of the exhibits. It would make no sense to reference them otherwise. There is much else missing from the uploaded documents. There are references to data sets and graphs that are not uploaded. There are also partial transcripts of depositions with many pages left out.

I do not understand why the uploaded documents do not include some of the photos, datasets, deposition text and so on, but I am sure they do not. Perhaps it is a court-related legal custom? I have no idea, but I am sure there is much more evidence.

• @Jed,

I'm also sure there is much evidence we have not seen. Just the depos themselves are so sparse that it is impossible to get the fully story. Some of the best sections stop right in the middle--right when it was getting to something interesting, then cut, jump 50 pages ahead to the next yellow highlight, which is usually less interesting.

But if you want to convince me that the return condensate pipe was connected to the steam riser, I'll need to see a photograph. And from what I've reviewed in Smith's report and elsewhere, I've yet to see it.

• Nope, not according to you. Photo or not, when Rossi tells you there is no pump, you don't see a pump. He tells you there is no glass, so you see no glass. It works the other way too. When he orders you to see something that is not there, you see it. He tells you there are pipes going upstairs, so even though they do not show up in photos, you see them

Wow Or Rossi has special powers like Obi-Wan Kenobi or you are just insulting IH Fanboy. I think that insults are the weapon of the looser. When a child knows he is loosing start to insult the others.

He did provide one, I am sure.

Sure ? because of faith ?

Again and again you are writing like an adept of a religion.

Also a single photograph would not convince me. Photo can be manipulated and also misinterpreted. We would need a complete reconstruction with many many photo of the complete plant.

• Also a single photograph would not convince me. Photo can be manipulated and also misinterpreted. We would need a complete reconstruction with many many photo of the complete plant.

You mean - you realise photos can be photoshopped? Glad you are alert to the possibility of deception. So then, I guess you also realise this test was set up and run by Rossi?

• So for you people on Planet Rossi, it does not exist.

Insults..... and this phrasing....... are you really Jed or Weaver ?

Btw..... this was a phrasing suggested by the PR agency that IH has hired just to spread FUD around the net.

In my opinion IH in this way is damaging also this forum but for they own interest they do not care of others.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.