Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• As an aside it's interesting that Murray suggests dual flow takes place (through a mysterious hidden connection to the riser), but doesn't show any photos to back up his assertions. Bit odd, no?

That was Smith, not Murray, and no one has shown many photos yet. For some reason they are not uploaded with the court filings. There are references to them, so they exist.

Speaking of odd photos . . . Do you not find it a bit odd that Rossi talks about the mezzanine heat exchanger but he has no photos of it? Or if he has them, he hasn't mentioned them in the exhibits. Do you not find it odd that the pipes going to the mezzanine are invisible and do not appear in photos?

• If it were not for all the above outright calculated lies and obfuscations of Rossi, one might give him some latitude that he may be truly deluded that he is Tesla or Maxwell reincarnated; however, Rossi's only delusion is that he believes that he can perpetuate frauds indefinitely and never suffer any consequences (which he has been correct thus far, and a testament to the theory it is easier to steal a million dollars (or 10 million) than a hundred, and when you get caught, the consequences are also less ). Why doesn't he fire up any one of those insulation-wrapped Home-Depot pipe-bombs with proper instrumentation and oversight and collect his other 89 million?

• In a sloping pipe like shown in the photos, as long as the meter below the level of the water in the reservoir, then that's really the same thing - ie. a U

Yes, it is exactly the same thing. I have pointed this out many times. However, people who were there say that was not how the equipment was arranged, and the physical evidence left in the flow meter shows that it was not fully submerged.

• Why do all of your posts sound like anti-Rossi FUD to me. If you are not a troll bot (astroturfer), you sure give a good impression of one.

• Having a pump that pumps back condensate is not "cheating."

That is not the cheating part. Read Smith. He said the pump was drawing water from another loop, not the water that went through the reactors. There could only be 3 gpm going through the reactor, whereas 6 gpm was registered at the flow meter. Assuming for a moment that is correct, the hidden pump supplied it. The other pumps could not have.

• That is not the cheating part. Read Smith. He said the pump was drawing water from another loop, not the water that went through the reactors. There could only be 3 gpm going through the reactor, whereas 6 gpm was registered at the flow meter. Assuming for a moment that is correct, the hidden pump supplied it. The other pumps could not have.

It would be nice if IH's experts could get together and get their story straight.

• Probably already mentioned by now, but doc. 266, an order, now on the docket.

Order 266 - All motions in the hearing are denied by the Magistrate. The motions:

• IH alleges spoliation by Rossi and requests sanctions against Rossi
    • Rossi alleges bad faith litigation conduct of IH and requests sanctions against IH
    • Rossi requests to remove attorney-client privilege of emails between Zalli Jaffe and IH
    • IH's request for protection of IPH and Cherokee deposition

All DENIED.

The biggest of these is IH's motion for sanctions due to spoliation. This is because if it was granted, then matters of fact regarding the spoliated information would not be required to be established by a jury but rather by adverse intepretation, virtually assuring the dismissal of Rossi's suit against IH.

Since the Magistrate denied the motion, IH's only recourse for spoliation sanctions is to appeal to Judge Altonaga. On appeal, she could not reasonably deny spoliation on procedural bases, as she had previously, but she would have to over-rule the Magistrate's decision (based on the merit of the motion) for IH to prevail. This has happened once already in this case, regarding the Zalli Jaffe attorney-client privilege above (third bullet): the Magistrate granted Rossi's request to remove attorney-client privilege, IH appealed to the Judge, and Judge Altonaga over-ruled the Magistrate, instructing him to deny Rossi's motion instead of granting it (which the Magistrate then did formally in today's order).

Similarly, Rossi's motion for sanctions against IH (2nd bullet above) could also be appealed to the Judge, and if she determined it had merit, she could over-rule the Magistrate (this is highly unlikely in my opinion).

The fourth item regarding protection of IPH and Cherokee seems to have been in response to what IH/IPH/Cherokee felt the Magistrate had instructed them to do. (I'm not sure about this). In any case, by denying protection, we will have access to those depositions if anyone is willing to pay for them on pacer, or if either party references parts of them in Motions they file moving forward.

In summary, today's ruling makes it much more likely that there will be a jury trial with substantial issues being decided by the jury.

• There's an important piece of text missing from Parkhomov's paper, at the bottom of pg. 37.

I found the missing section in the Russian original at the same site. Here's the corrected text, thanks to Google Translate:

The images received on the electronic scanning
    microscope show that nickel in initial fuel mix have an

appearance of porous spherical clusters about 10 microns

in size. Lithium aluminum hydride has an appearance of

flakes with the size from units to hundreds of microns (fig
    13).
    In the fuel extracted from the reactor (after operation)
    we can identify two components: alloyed mass, consisting

mainly ofNickel, and flakes, consisting mainly of aluminum
    and oxygen (Figure 14).

Investigation of elemental and isotopic compositions
    Fuel mixture is currently continuing.
    The analyzes did not reveal any significant changes in the Isotopic composition of fuel. It is possible
    To live, that it is connected with insufficiently long
    Liveness of the experiment.

• Jed,

You wrote:

"People could see the pipe was not full because the reservoir is translucent and open to air."

You have a fixation with that reservoir and a mania of the half full pipes. It is a pipe, then a small ascendent pipe (that is the rule) that keeps the flowmeter full and then a pipe to the reservoir. Who the heck can see what? About the portion of pipe leading to the instrument?

Re what Murray says at pp 11 etc. no facts, no hlaf full pipes.

I am sure tha you will regret he many untruths you are saying

because they are beyond limits of decency.

However YOU MUST keep the flowmeter half full at any price..

I must write a LENR blog (today an interesting contribution to PdD hot) have no time to educate you- imposssible task.

peter

• Perhaps he chose Florida for the very reason that excess heat would be lost very easily, do it in Canada? Anywhere even temperate ? Excess heats gonna show up when the snow melts ,the steam rises it would contrast with the environment. Florida's so hot already that you can "lose" the perception of 1mw of heat very easily. Back at the start in bologna it reminds me of the steam not steam that was almost photographed. Same old same old. Makes lenr look very much like one big scam to even someone who has read the peer reviewed palladium stuff that's been peer reviewed to show at least the glimpse of validity you get from replication.

Disinterested peasant might be a better name perhaps...

Then again criminology and the study of scams and conartists is quite the science of its own...this site would be far more credible if it weren't for the banner ads for psychics and get rich quick trading schemes. Lenr is a term that due to folk like Rossi will go the way of cold fusion before it I suspect...whatever's going on in those lattices? Doesn't look like we are finding out anytime soon...

He chose Florida, because Florida is the king of con-men, cons, and shady lawyers, particularly personal injury and networks of "doctors" and "clinics" trading around accident "victims" and many schemes bilking insurance companies and the government. Plus, Florida apparently has many laws where it is difficult to confiscate people's real property when they get sued or go bankrupt, those sucker investors of IH will never get their money back--it's tied up in Rossi's condo's already.

• ButIH faces now a central deadlock. They cheated the investors, theywanted to frustrate/cheat the others (Mizuno!) in the field and nowthey invested already at least 5mio$ for a useless defense.

I understood from Murray's testimony that he and his team were unable to show excess heat with Mizuno and others. They went to Japan and also brought Mizuno to North Carolina. I suppose you could say they were trying to frustrate him and others. Or you could argue that once a more stringent testing methodology is established, claims of excess heat seem to vanish. I don't think we have enough information yet to be confident which one is correct. But I agree with your conclusion: beware of wolves dressed in sheep's clothing.

6000 posts of thermodynamics arguments about flow rates trying to hide where the output of 500 magic steam kettles went. I checked its quite circular too. Stinks of bad double sided managed PR

I have sometimes speculated on this as well: is it possible that this whole thing (not just the debate) has been manufactured to discredit LENR? If IH is out to destroy or delay LENR, as some have speculated, then nothing would discredit LENR more than showing Rossi is a scam artist. That would explain why IH let Rossi go ahead with and even paid for the test even though they knew from the beginning that it was worthless. This scenario works with and without Rossi being "in on it." Of course people will object to this as ridiculous conspiracy theory and remind us that IH are the innocent victims here. To which I will simply respond: It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

BTW, I am a criminologist by trade as well.

• No, in his deposition, he definitely said he knows the pipe was not full. He is sure of that. (He could be wrong of course, but he thinks he knows.)

You have a fixation with that reservoir and a mania of the half full pipes.

The real problem is that Jed make statements that (in the best case) he is unable to known if they are true or false , and repeat them to convince himself and try to convince others.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.