Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Notice how no-one can tell how much of radiated energy is absorbed by the container. And Rossi does not do controls. Actually in this case a control is quite difficult. But - even if it were all absorbed - the container temperature would not be anything like the radiation fake-black-body temperature - because the effective temperature is so much lower.

THH are you ok ?

What have you written is simply nonsense. It remind me the nonsense text and poems from Lewis Carrol.

Actually I'm quite sure from what I read that you have no Scientific Education.

Maybe you are a good writer and a good person but no Scientist would have written such a mess.

• You are wrong about that. They would love to see that. It would be worth hundreds of billions of dollars to them. They spent years of effort and millions of dollars trying to make it work.

Millions of dollars ...... Really ? Really they would love to see a test ?

Oh Great Informed Man tell us now why they have not sent an entire squad of Engineers to Doral to follow the test step by step instead of just one non expert person ?

• Official Post

Yes sure that is exactly what IH hoped, to take the IP for just 10% of the price.

They had had already done their tests and had all the partial report from Penon (without rising any problem) so why not try not to pay ?

A good question for them (IH) would be:

Where is all the money they collected from investors now ?

Ele,

Not sure you have this right. IH paid $1.5m for the "plant" (1MW). They paid another $10m after the VT for the IP. The Guaranteed Performance Test, if successful, would have paid Rossi the remaining $89m. So Rossi was paid in full for his IP...not 10% as you claim.

As to the investors money, I have no idea, nor do I care. That is between IH and those investors. If ever I see them initiate a lawsuit against IH, then I will get a little more interested. My main concern now, is that IH was deceived by Rossi, who is now trying to sue them for a huge sum of money. IH is the victim of a crime, and Rossi is the perpetrator.

• And I could imagine that this plan could bear fruits, wouldn't there be an internet community which keeps an close eye on this case - watching what Rossi does, and what IH does.

Wow on my opinion you are really overestimating your role and the role of this Forum.

Contract for Millions of Dollars are quite common in Industry and Business environment and for the large part of them there is not an Internet Forum chatting like hairdresser ladies, or like men at the Pub (no Beer here ! so bad !), discussing this and that without real knowledge of the fact.

Investors have their own methods to get information and know what competitors and partners are doing.

Just imagine what a shame if Apple should ask to Internet People "hey, what Samsung is doing ?" or vice versa "what's going on in Cupertino ?"

• Official Post

On the Dottore thing...it will be interesting to see in court how IH addresses Rossi. In the Rossi depositions, they sometime refer to him as Dr., sometimes Mr. (mister). In the US, we do not generally like someone to use the title Dr. if they have a PhD, unless it is in a professional setting, in the classroom, or among colleagues. In public, the Dr. title is always used though for Doctors of Medicine.

If Rossi goes by Dr. Rossi in court, that may not come across well to the jury. Especially if it is pointed out that, in reality he only has a Masters equivalent, not PhD, in Philosophy. Heck, we all are PhD level philosophers after a few drinks. :)

• Yes sure that is exactly what IH hoped, to take the IP for just 10% of the price.

They had had already done their tests and had all the partial report from Penon (without rising any problem) so why not try not to pay ?

A good question for them (IH) would be:

Where is all the money they collected from investors now ?

Again, Rossi has no IP, neither does IH, a worthless Italian patent, and an equally worthless US patent for a "water heater", no claims, data or otherwise for LENR, the rest are a hoard of published applications, none granted.

• That's my guess too.

And I could imagine that this plan could bear fruits, wouldn't there be an internet community which keeps an close eye on this case - watching what Rossi does, and what IH does.

I am sure IH managers know that they have a the responsibility to protect their investors from beeing defrauded, and can not just use "others people money" to pay themself out of a bad deal.

If they would take the easy path and just pay (with the investors money) Rossi for his shenanigans, they would risk legal consequences.

That is absolutely what these investors do. Also note that anyone investing in such funds has to be a "qualified" investor, having to sign specific statements for such investments that say that they can lose all their money. Darden et.al. are salesmen, with no technical, scientific or engineering background, and for whatever reason were suckered by Rossi. Who knows, they all maybe sat around and said, "if there's a 0.1% chance "something" works, it's worth the $10M."--That is their normal business, the sad part is that they threw away that money on a con, versus using it for something or somebody worthwhile, and now they are throwing it away to attorneys which is costing another small fortune. They are going to try to get that back, almost certainly.

• Official Post

Funny how Rossi invented a new, better, device at about the time IH found out that his e-cat did not work.

Good point THH, about the timing of the QuarkX's birth. That about rounds out my timeline for this story:

April 2013, IH very suspicious of Rossi, due his wanting to change the VT reactor set-up, based on some Italian law, and/or so as not to disturb the neighbors.

IH suspicions abated somewhat when they show up for the VT, and Rossi gives them advance copy of "successful" Ferrara report.

Plant shipped to NC. Early tests promising with Rossi using, or controlling the use of, the thermal camera.

Fall 2013 IH tests a dummy reactor while Rossi gone and get same positive COP.

Jan 2014 Darden has a "come to Jesus meeting" with Rossi to tell him it (technology) does not work.

Jan 2014 Rossi calls up Levi "Hey, I need to get these guys off my back, can you run another test?". Sure Rossi, will do.

March 2014 early reports from Lugano look good, IH happy again.

June 2014 Rossi proposes Doral.

August 2014 Doral accepted.

Oct 2014 Lugano results released on Arvix. IH happy again, redouble efforts to replicate.

Nov 2014 Lugano comes under heavy criticism, IH worried, and suspicious again.

Feb 2015 Doral "test" begins. TC appears on scene with Lugano analysis, and makes IH even more paranoid. :)

Feb- July 2015 IH thinks something stinks in Doral. Try and get Murray in the plant (July). Rossi refuses his entry.

Summer 2015 Rossi starts hinting about his QuarkX.

Fall 2015 Rossi has his "I have a dream" moment on JONP.

Jan 1 2016 Rossi reveals his dream is the QuarkX powering a whole city with elect. light, and heat.

Feb 2016 Doral ends.

• Given this information (which is quite interesting!) don't you all think that it would be appropriate to give some deference to this elderly (old-styled) gentleman from Italy to be referred to as Dr., given that he has a legitimate advanced degree (equivalent to a U.S. masters degree yes, but it is different historically in Italy) in Philosophy of Science?

• Official Post

Given this information (which is quite interesting!) don't you all think that it would be appropriate to give some deference to this elderly (old-styled) gentleman from Italy to be referred to as Dr., given that he has a legitimate advanced degree (equivalent to a U.S. masters degree yes, but it is different historically in Italy) in Philosophy of Science?

IHFB,

Will do...as soon as he proves his technology. ;)

• Edit: I wrote this post before seeing Eric's post regarding a new ruling on the Docket allowing Rossi more time. Nothing very interesting or informative about that. So the points below remain.

Not much happening on the Docket (the silence is deafening).

And actually, this is surprising to me, because I thought that IH would appeal the Magistrate's ruling on their Motion for sanctions against Rossi for spoliation. Their case for spoliation looked strong to me, and the consequences looked devasting for Rossi. Although they could still appeal, I think it is safe to conclude that if they have not appealed yet, they are very unlikely to.

There are (at least) four explanations I can think of for this:

1) They are confident that their Motion to Dismiss will succeed, so spoliation sanctions are unnecessary.

2) Since the burden of proof for Rossi's case depends on Rossi providing the evidence, Rossi's removal of evidence tacitly harms his case, so sanctions are not needed since they are essentially 'baked in' by Rossi's actions. In this line of reasoning, sanctions are redundant to the already established result (missing evidence).

3) They want a trial in order to more clearly demonstrate to the world how farcical Rossi is. Pushing for sanctions would likely result in no trial.

4) Their case for spoliation is actually week, so they decided to drop it.

My guess is scenario 2. The problem with this, though, is regarding the counter-suit, which I think would be greatly strengthened with 'adverse interpretation'.

So I still find it puzzling. Time will tell, as we wait to hear the rulings on each party's Motions to Dismiss, and as each party must be preparing for trial, since it cannot be ruled out at this point (and is increasingly likely with the passage of time).

• Given this information (which is quite interesting!) don't you all think that it would be appropriate to give some deference to this elderly (old-styled) gentleman from Italy to be referred to as Dr., given that he has a legitimate advanced degree (equivalent to a U.S. masters degree yes, but it is different historically in Italy) in Philosophy of Science?

Ok, I'm game. From now on it's all 'Dottore Rossi' from me, which I think is a highly effective way to properly address this elderly gentleman delusional con-man, proven fraudster, lying cheater, and pathetic sock puppeteer.

It will no doubt have the desired effect for both of us.

With all due respect, as they say.

• IH Fanboy

I'm with you on this one. I would suggest Dott.Rossi (instead of Dr.Rossi) to make it clear that it is an Italian courtesy.

You see, I don't share the resentment against the man who has perhaps not invented the new fire, but whose deeds have emotionally involved and entertained all of us for so many years. If he gets into real trouble I would support an appeal for grace, though I may feel differently were it my money.

Edit: thinking it over, if it were my money, then it wouldn't be me.

• I think the Hearing before Altenaga on 23 May will Appeal the Spoliation decision and I guess much else. As you say it would be weird for them not to Appeal it. Tom

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.