Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Interesting how so many things like windows, or emissivity can be argued for pages upon pages, and yet regarding the no pump, no pressure, uphill-flowing water and flooded condensers in Bologna no Rossi supporter will touch with a word...

On Forums all topics stay unresolved because any clear evidence one way or other is not disputed and then gets forgotten pages back.

• From now on it's all 'Dottore Rossi' from me, which I think is a highly effective way to properly address this elderly gentleman delusional con-man, proven fraudster, lying cheater, and pathetic sock puppeteer.

SEG, can you please let us know how you truly feel? Not sure your expressions quite get your point across. I've always found it fascinating how Rossi arouses such contempt from highly intelligent people like yourself, which must have a million other better things to be doing than leveling these charges on an obscure internet forum.

• Interesting how so many things like windows, or emissivity can be argued for pages upon pages, and yet regarding the no pump, no pressure, uphill-flowing water and flooded condensers in Bologna no Rossi supporter will touch with a word...

Okay, I'll touch it with at least one word. We have little information about the Bologna test, other than IH accepted it and paid $10.5 million. At least with the Doral test, we have voluminous information to wade through and attempt to decipher.

• So another guess?

An informed judgement based on the history of Rossi's experiments. You think this one breaks the mould? Backed by tech reality. If he just wanted to thermalise the radiation he could use an opaque containder. But that would not work for Rosssi COP enhanvcement, and also would not give those awe-inspiring blue pics.

• On Forums all topics stay unresolved because any clear evidence one way or other is not disputed and then gets forgotten pages back.

On this forum Rossi-related topics stay unresolved because they cannot be resolved, as definitive proofs cannot be found in the public court docs

Makes one wonder why some enjoy filling 200+ pages with conjectures and assumptions, though. Once again, this is a nice demonstration of the scientific method turned upside down: trying to make facts fit an attractive (for whatever reason) theory. instead of sticking to known facts (known, not assumed or conjectured) and building theories upon them.

• On this forum Rossi-related topics stay unresolved because they cannot be resolved, as definitive proofs cannot be found in the public court docs

Makes one wonder why some enjoy filling 200+ pages with conjectures and assumptions, though. Once again, this is a nice demonstration of the scientific method turned upside down: trying to make facts fit an attractive (for whatever reason) theory. instead of sticking to known facts (known, not assumed or conjectured) and building theories upon them.

I have high regard for the scientific method, but I disagree with your assessment about this thread.

It is actually the large amount of facts that are being made public that make this thread is so popular and interesting.

For starters, it is a fact that Rossi filed suit against IH, and that IH responded with a counter-suit. And there's all kinds of facts in written form on the Docket stating what each party is trying to establish the other party is guilty of (whether or not they have merit). And these non-contested facts lead to all sorts of various conjectures about who's right, which are likely to succeed, etc., and sometimes those discussions lend insight into reasonable interpretations of the information on the docket.

Furthermore, we have learned all sorts of things which cannot reasonably be contested, even though those conclusions were not established via the scientific method. For example, we now know that the Doral customer was created and controlled by Dott. Rossi (because this is no longer contested given the depositions).

Prior to the case, many speculated that Doral was created by Dott. Rossi, and others objected that there was not sufficient evidence to conclude this. No longer.

And there are many other examples of this.

• You are wrong about that. They would love to see that. It would be worth hundreds of billions of dollars to them. They spent years of effort and millions of dollars trying to make it work. You seem to believe some sort of wacky conspiracy theory that they spent all this money and time hoping it would not work. If they didn't want it work, they could have just left it alone and Rossi would soon disappear. No one else was going to fund him.

@JED: Why does IH need Rossi??

The big Frankies (isn't that a typicall Italian name..?) were designed and manufactured by a third party certainly not Rossi.

May be you should tell us, why this third party is not willing to do a new test!

My guess: The patriot act is spoiling IH's investment and now nobody is ready to balance the bill.

• Prior to the case, many speculated that Doral was created by Dott. Rossi, and others objected that there was not sufficient evidence to conclude this. No longer.

And there are many other examples of this.

Yes. To take a more technical example, many people disputed the heat dissipation issue. They denied that 1 MW in this warehouse would make it intolerably hot, or even fatally hot. However, the lawsuit documents show that Rossi agrees this is a poblem. He agrees that without some method of dissipating the heat, his claims fail. That is why he invented the imaginary, invisible heat exchanger in the mezzanine.

In my opinion, the most important evidence introduced in the lawsuit is the Penon report. It should persuade everyone that the claims are false. It fails to do that for people are trapped by wishful thinking; people who cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong; and people such as IHFB who think we should ignore the content of the report and proclaim it is correct because they do not like I.H. IHFB urged me to judge the report not by what it says, and not by any technical criteria. I should reject it because he thinks I.H. manipulated me. This makes no sense, because Rossi was the one who uploaded the report. How can I.H. manipulate me by having Rossi upload a report? How could they compel him to do this?

• And there's all kind of facts in written form on the Docket stating what each party is trying to establish the other party is guilty of (whether or not they have merit). And these non-contended facts lead to all sorts of various conjectures about who's right, which are likely to succeed, etc., and sometimes those discussions lend insight into reasonable interpretations of the information on the docket.

Ha, I guess that's why we have one group of people saying white, while the other is saying black. Rossi has working LENR machines vs. Rossi is a hypnotist conman having had nothing for 10+ years. "Reasonable interpretations of the information on the docket" ? lol

As to the Doral customer, we've known for a while that Rossi's lawyer was the legal representant of the facade company. That changes nothing about whether or not Rossi's machines work.

And concerning the 1MW-cooking-alive-people-in-the-warehouse FUD, nobody ever pretended it wasn't ventilated out or endotherm'd in. Guess what, court docs provide no hard facts about whether 1MW was produced, and how it was dissipated, if it was produced.

Finally, once again, court docs provide no facts supporting the character assassination and FUD that's been liberally spread for 200+ pages. Neither do they provide hard facts supporting Rossi's machines delivering what he says they deliver.

• Ha, I guess that's why we have one group of people saying white, while the other is saying black. Rossi has working LENR machines vs. Rossi is a hypnotist conman having had nothing for 10+ years. "Reasonable interpretations of the information on the docket" ? lol

I'm not saying there isn't disagreement of all sorts of things. But there is also a boatload of evidence, and we've all learned a lot of things from the docket that we didn't know before.

My point is that while there is very little evidence that lends itself to testing via the scientific method, there is nonetheless a lot of facts and truth that we all agree on (like I can presume that we both agree that there is a lawsuit, and if necessary, we both can look up the exact claims of the lawsuit, when they were filed, etc. even if we might have different views about which claims we think are valid or will prevail).

And many people here commenting take the time to examine facts on the docket, even if they have contested opinions about the implications of those facts. This results in learning, even if there is a lot of 'heat' or noise.

For example, I disagree with IHFB on many things, but some of the evidence from the docket that he found about IH (that I missed) has changed my mind in some ways about IH's perspective about Dott. Rossi in the January 2015 timeframe.

BUT DON'T TELL HIM THAT I LEARNED SOMETHING FROM HIM, OR HE'LL BE (EVEN MORE) INSUFFERABLE. ;)

As another example, I learned fairly recently that Dott. Rossi leased the entire warehouse at the Doral address and subleased a portion of it to JMP, and I have seen the sublease agreement describing that. No informed person contests this fact now. And we have a bunch of pictures from the warehouse, which are very informative, etc.

And Jed brings up the Penon report, which is quite informative as well.

You could dig into information on the docket and present arguments based on your thoughts regarding the evidence as well. Who knows, I might learn something from you.

• Official Post

Roger,

Your post is silly. Doral is all about Rossi promising to deliver 1MW thermal. 1MW is at the heart of the story. Rossi is suing IH, because he claims the 1MW plant produced 1MW for his fake company JMP, over a period of one year. He invoiced IH for 1MW/day most of that period, 750kWs the others. 1MW here, 1MW there and everywhere in the documentation, and now you jump in and say that this is a meaningless number! You could not be more wrong.

Ironically, IH did not care if he produced 1MW, as the 2nd amendment called for the "6 cylinder" to be used for the GPT...not that Doral was the GPT.

• Did you understand what I wrote: there are no hard facts in the court docs supporting the lenr-forum daily FUD or Rossi=messiah

Which makes one wonder why people would repeat for 240+ pages gadget no excess heat people cooked alive scammer extraordinaire hypnotist condo kingpin incompetent Lugano scientists half full half empty pipe DN20 photoshop emissivity etc etc

• Ha, I guess that's why we have one group of people saying white, while the other is saying black.

No, we have one group pointing out that Rossi's claims violate the laws of thermodynamics and that he ran the pressure gauge at temperatures that broke it. Engineering details from Penon and Rossi's own report. We have another group that says such statements are FUD, and that instead of evaluating the Penon report on its technical merits, we should believe whatever it says and endorse it because some people here have it in for I.H. In other words, I.H. is evil, therefore 0.0 bar is a-okay!

Those are very different world views. The two groups are not at all alike.

And concerning the 1MW-cooking-alive-people-in-the-warehouse FUD, nobody ever pretended it wasn't ventilated out or endotherm'd in. Guess what, court docs provide no hard facts about whether 1MW was produced, and how it was dissipated, if it was produced.

On the contrary, the court documents provide many hard facts. We know that:

Murray did a simulation showing that the heat would be fatal. He described many details about it in his deposition.

Rossi agreed that this simulation is correct. To keep his claim alive, he invented a preposterous story about he installed an invisible heat exchanger in the mezzanine, with invisible pipes going to it. Then he removed it overnight -- an impossible task. He described this imaginary heat exchanger in detail. Enough detail that Prof. Huxley here was able to show that it could not work.

That is a lot of hard engineering information. More than enough to reach a firm conclusion. That just covers the heat dissipation issue. The other issues have also been covered by the lawsuit documents in detail. Say what you like about the lawsuit process; it has given us a clear picture of who is telling the truth, and who is lying.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.