The Playground

• You guys are free to go to town with the APCO conspiracy theory stuff in this thread, provided you keep the minimum of decorum that we try to keep (e.g., no personal attacks, and unfounded accusations that such-and-such is an APCO shill will still not go over well). I've discussed the reason for moving posts a little bit more here.

I wish everyone was aboveboard and that there was no occasion for distrusting the motives and intentions of certain forum members (pro-Rossi or pro-IH). That's not the world we live in, as you know. If you figure out a way to unmask any people here with ulterior motives, fine. But let it be with good evidence. Attempting to draw upon weak or ineffective evidence just results in innuendo and creates a foul mood in the Rossi v. Darden thread. That kind of focus turns the discussion away from the topic of the thread towards vaguely nefarious forum members and hence is a distraction. If one does not have strong evidence and just wants to kibitz about APCO influencing this forum, better to keep it here.

• Wow! A Sifferkoll-like fantasy admitted as such by the originator. Such self-knowledge is admirable.

And the facts are interesting. I wish we had some links. What books did Brain McLaughlin Sr write? And did they really refer to Thomas Huxley, or his more popularly famous son Aldous Huxley?

These intriguing questions as many others are amenable to google:

http://consc.net/mindpapers/4.2b

Thomas Huxley wrote some stuff on epiphenomenalism (or related to it - I'm not entirely clear what it is), referenced in the above googled link:

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/huxley/CE1/AnAuto.html

Brian P. Mclaughlin has written much on the topic, for example (this and otehr references from the above link):

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/…0000001/F0020001/art00003

So for one of the very few times (that I remember) posting here we_cat_global is actually likely correct. I have not read any of McLaughlin's books (nor, as we_cat_global implies, written them). But given they write on a related subject (epiphenomenalism) it would be surprising if there were not a few references to T.H.Huxley.

I guess what this shows is that those still attempting to argue the case for Rossi against IH have no real facts to consider, and therefore must spend their time hinting at weird and irrelevant connections between posters here?

I'll make things easy on we_cat_global on this one:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I'm Brian P.McLaughlin (as long as he is some guy of reputable character) but will view any repeated linkage of my alias with him as attempted doxxing!

Oh - just for the record:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epiphenomenalism/

And, yes, it lists T.H.Huxley as one of its many references...

• A trip down memory lane from Renzzee and an indicator of what might have been ringing in Rossi's ears

if the 1MW system would have really been producing 1MW. The decibels would have been deafening.

Parboiled and deaf - but somehow the occasional jacket and special Planet Rossi listening device were needed.

Has it become more comedy... less pain or less pain....more comedy!!!

This post and those below down to 2,036 moved here from the 'Bob Higgins' experimental thread. Alan.

• THHuxleynew,

Thank you, Sir, for your kind words. I found the thought amusing as well. Please note that i am not implying anything. I just listed some facts;

1. Brian McLaughlin is a recipient in the "initial APCO" mail;
    2. He started his own firm and has a cool Linkedin page;
    3. Brian P. McLaughlin was most likely working on his PhD at Chapel Hill when Thomas Darden was there;
    4. Their names are similar and they might be family;
    5. Brian P. McLaughlin mentions T.H. Huxley quite a few times in his books.

I think you are way too smart to make use of a pseudonym that could be traced back so easily. However, if my firm was hired by IH to help them with their PR strategy i would definitely contact you. Your post are intelligent, eloquent and precise. Moreover, you seem to have leverage with the mods of this forum. Good on you, you shape opinions!

What disappointed me though is that you stated that all my other posts are untrue. And when you want to state your case you put a lot of work in finding proof, but this statement stays unfounded (for now). That i am not worth listening to might be correct, but i am not trying to bend the factual truth. I do sometimes write down my own opinion and on my "planet" these are mostly two different things.

Cheers,

JB

• Ahimofo knows full well that 1MW of real heat production in a 40' shipping container, along with the associated heat / fluid movement , would render a stethoscope useless anywhere but on Planet Rossi. "Microexplosion avalanches in working reactors" also have a special place on Planet Rossi as it is apparently the only place where any of R's junk can possibly work. In the spirit of not soiling this thread any further - I'll give AhiAhi the last word.

• They sure look alike don't they?

In order to settle the controversy whether this two McLaughlins look alike or not, I suggest @IHFanboy should ask once more for an opinion from his 8 year old superior expert... that kid, who immediately spotted on the google street-view pictures from the Doral warehouse, that there was definetly no glas in the window frames. :)

• (In reply to a post from Rigel that was deleted:) The playground is going to become the bargain bin, where posts that seem unhelpful will be sent. Perhaps there's something in there that is interesting, but you'll have to rummage through the posts and assess according to taste.

• Eric,

I read your post above then made a comment like this "what ever side you are on Rossi did not go down with out a fight." I do not know if you can see it. But my point was that we fling a lot of poo. Then I read after I posted I went to Abds blog post it mentioned flinging poo. I thought I was being redundant. The playground should be just kept just the way it is. Sorry about that. Again you guys do a good job.

• Meet Amy, the electron

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This sounds revolutionary.

But in spite of the detailed illustrations and explanations I must confess that I do not entirely understand how it works.

Axil, could you please help me out here?

• Official Post

Hi H-G.

I met John Searle at a drinks party almost 50 years ago when he was working for the Central Electricity Generating Board. An eccentric even then. As for how the device works, anybody's guess is as good as mine. There is (or used to be) a Searle replicators group on the web, and a number of versions of his 'Magic Roundabout' have been built. I am not awate however that any of them have performed in the way Searle suggests they would.

He is another grand old eccentric in the style of Joe Newman I think.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.