Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• (Focardi, Piantelli, Brillouin, tests by IH, earlier tests by Levi, recent reports of positive results by me356, Parkhomov, Suhas and others).

Piantelli would be incensed to hear that his experiments lend support to Rossi. I think they have nothing to do with Rossi.

The tests by I.H. produced no heat. I.H. discovered that an empty cell produced apparent 9 times input. Obviously that means the calorimetry did not work.

Levi's earlier test is the only real evidence in favor of Rossi. The Lugano test was faulty and there is no evidence it produced excess heat. It was also fraudulently presented because it turns out Rossi was there the whole time and he was in charge. That's what I have heard lately. I do not know the details.

me356 and Parkhomov have not been confirmed. Parkhomov is sloppy. I do not know who Suhas is. The others I have heard of are sloppy and wrong.

Rossi's own 1-year test was an outrageous farce that produced no hint of excess heat.

In short, there is practically no evidence that Rossi's claims are true. Only Levi's first test.

• @Jed,

You better hope the rest are sloppy and wrong. Because I'm afraid reputations will be damaged otherwise, including that of IH.

See, your perspective aligns with Axil's in the same mischaracterizations and misunderstandings.

Why would anyone who wants progress and discovery 'hope the rest are sloppy and wrong'. That is silly and absurd.

As a researcher, what pisses me off is sloppy researchers (or even worse, intentionally deceptive researchers). It gives research a bad name.

What any credible researcher wants is good research with correct conclusions (whatever they may be), and from whomever.

Negative findings are incredibly valuable (and vastly under-reported and unrecognized, unfortunately, in today's environment).

The reputations of people earnestly pursuing understanding and progress will not be harmed in the long run if LENR is actually demonstrated by any of these parties (including Rossi). Maybe you could argue IH's would. But who cares? They aren't investigators, they are wealthy VC's. They'll be wealthy no matter what happens.

This notion that somehow critics of Rossi really want failure just shows you really misunderstand us.

We want success. And that comes from doing good research, not 'sloppy and wrong' research.

Unfortunately for us all, Rossi has a long legacy of the latter.

• If Rossi eventually succeeds in a useful device it will not be IH that will have a bad legacy, it will Rossi. He has had five year+ to do good reliable measurements and use under contract to transfer the technology to others but he could not.

Even now, if he had what he claims, he should be able to quickly make a good reliable modestly sized system that could withstand scrutiny but instead he allegedly pulls out critical material, bars others from examining the systems, removes instruments others look to for information, and destroys parts. It is legacy that will be in jeopardy.

He claims caring for children with cancer, but how many children in the world are suffering from lack of a simple power system to supply clean water or to keep them from freezing on a cold winter night. If he has what he claims and cares as he claims he would do what is good for others not just try to enrich himself. .

• This notion that somehow critics of Rossi really want failure just shows you really misunderstand us.

We want success. And that comes from doing good research, not 'sloppy and wrong' research

@sig,

I would exclude you, because I think you are sincere. I've been around for awhile. I know the play book. "Oh, we would be the first to be so very happy and relieved if LENR is true"--and then go about discrediting and attacking everything and anything related to LENR, attempting to obstruct and block funding, assassinating the character of researchers, trying to obfuscate and confuse the issues. And for LENR+, the effect is amplified by at least an order of magnitude. Insincere skepticism is easy to spot. Many people have reputations on the line with the Rossi affair. And they intend to protect them, possibly at very high costs--especially those with the means to do so.

• If Rossi eventually succeeds in a useful device it will not be IH that will have a bad legacy, it will Rossi. He has had five year+ to do good reliable measurements and use under contract to transfer the technology to others but he could not.

Even now, if he had what he claims, he should be able to quickly make a good reliable modestly sized system that could withstand scrutiny but instead he allegedly pulls out critical material, bars others from examining the systems, removes instruments others look to for information, and destroys parts. It is legacy that will be in jeopardy.

He claims caring for children with cancer, but how many children in the world are suffering from lack of a simple power system to supply clean water or to keep them from freezing on a cold winter night. If he has what he claims and cares as he claims he would do what is good for others not just try to enrich himself. .

This is interesting. It seems that a lot of Rossi detractors are now using the word "if" when referring to the possibility that he may have something after all. The significance is that up until now they seemed to all be certain beyond a doubt that he has nothing and the whole thing was just a bald faced scam. Could it be they have decided to hedge their bets in light of recent legal developments? It seems apparent now from the legal disclosures that at least some evaluation of the performance of the 1MW ECat will happen during the trial, unlike other recent predictions that it would be only about the contract and its validation. We may find out yet if this thing really produced or not.

• So Rossi gets $11.5M for the most important technological breakthrough in decades then goes and buys condos, Cadillacs, imaginary heat exchangers, possible vacations to Russia, possible visiting researcher funds to Oops-salla, pinball source code development software at the prestigious and historic University of Bologna and $2 to $3M worth of litigation with the money. He uses the balance for development of the be- all / end-all breakthroughs of the next century all without monetizing the breakthrough of this century.

Dewey you are in a complete mental coldfusion ( :) ) state. Rossi have been never to Russia and probably has no interest to go there, Rossi has nothing to do with Pinball, Fabiani is the founder and CEO of the company that do that and if you look at FB you will see that Fabiani's company is developing also an Arcade emulator.

Rossi is not founding Uppsala University other companies do and is not a mystery which.......

Are you trying to spread the usual disinformation ?

• We want success. And that comes from doing good research, not 'sloppy and wrong' research.

Unfortunately for us all, Rossi has a long legacy of the latter.

Who you refer with "we" ? Probably IH & co. even if you try to distinguish your position from them.

Is quite interesting that you forget all the research that has been done on Ni H + X systems by many international and respected researchers .

Are Focardi, Piantelli, Hoistad, Parchomov just to cite few, all sloppy ? Are you so sure that you are so superior to them ? That all those institutions are blind and wrong ?

• @sig,

I would exclude you, because I think you are sincere. I've been around for awhile. I know the play book. "Oh, we would be the first to be so very happy and relieved if LENR is true"--and then go about discrediting and attacking everything and anything related to LENR Rossi, attempting to obstruct and block funding to Rossi, assassinating the character of researchers Rossi, trying to obfuscate and confuse the issues provide evidence. And for LENR+, the effect is amplified by at least an order of magnitude. Insincere skepticism is easy to spot. Many people NOBODY except Rossi and Wong have reputations on the line with the Rossi affair. And they intend to protect them, possibly at very high costs--especially those with the means to do so.

Fixed it for you

• Those silly universities and corporations spending all that money on labs, lab equipment, instrumentation, analytical equipment, measurement equipment, engineers and technicians, etc. to do research and development, when all you need is the following bag of junk tools and rolls of adhesive-backed rubber tape (not shown: random plumbing pipe and fittings, lots of foil insulation, strip-heaters, and cheap meters (all available from your local Home Depot)), and some poor plumbing skills (Rossi could never get a job as a plumber). If I were trying to scam someone, I'd at least make my fake apparatus look halfway professional and credible.

• My understanding that those tools were from AR's plumber. Not sure he has ever done much work to turn a wrench himself. The pre-1MW show was better. They had some more sophisticated looking boxes (again not sure AR turned a wrench or screw driver anywhere). But there were also pics with Fabiani with the cheapest Chinese components you can get (e.g., $2 current sensor). I recognized it since I had used some in past replication attempts.

• She declined to 'clarify'. Not a good sign for Rossi's lawyers.

The questions were mostly about matters clarified in the order on expert witnesses (and clarified there mostly against Rossi).

I don't know if all US civil cases have parties appealing so much, but this one seems to be pretty full of money for lawyers. It is a shame that with such an enormous volume of evidence the basic twistiness of the arguments on Rossi's side can be missed. You actually have to pay attention to the arguments and follow them to source. Abd does this, a bit, and the results are revelatory, but I can't say Altonaga wants to do this when analysing the MSJs. Perhaps she feels that twistiness should be assessed by a Jury and once facts can be twisted we are in disputed fact territory and so MSJs must be denied.

• Rossele - you wouldn't believe the things that we know. I see that you only chose to address a couple of the Fabiani related adventures that you funded but while we have your attention we'd like to know something. Why did you go and buy 10+ condos in Miami with IH money when you could have reinvested in the greatest invention since powdered sugar and changed the planet? Now you want us to believe that the ecat wasn't good enough and that you needed to iterate and commercialize with the quackx? (with a 1MW quackx in the mix nonetheless - that makes me howl with laughter every time you mention it)

Packing your bags for your next batch of dupes yet?

While I agree with your assessment of all things Rossi, I still would like to know how a bunch of smart lawyer type investment bankers like you got conned into giving Rossi anything?

What the hell were you thinking?

Yes interesting question, how have the people been tricked (so easy) by this false "genius"? (The hoax was easy to reveal)

Gullible people, ignorance or what?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.