Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Official Post

kevmo,

I have to agree with OG; studying the court documents should come first, coming to conclusions second. It does not work well when you reverse that order! :) I suggest a good place to dig in (court documents), would be Rossi in his own words/depositions. Well, let me clarify that a bit as Rossi played 3 roles, or wore 3 hats as some describe. As such, he was deposed 3 times: Rossi as Leonardo (194-03), Rossi as Andrea (194-07), and lastly Rossi as JMP. Note how effortlessly he switches between roles. At times acting as if the 3 are totally different people.

Enjoy. And BTW, GPT has been heavily used, argued about, and referenced since the very beginning.

• Kev: You are correct, it was Linus Pauling and Vitamin C. It was Shockley and his views on race, intelligence and

eugenics that I was thinking of. Good thing I made a point of saying earlier I am not a scientist. Oh, and by the way, I don't believe I ever said that Penon had not be deposed.

Law firms: O'Melveny & Myers, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Loeb & Loeb. If you were thinking of engaging them, bring a large check.

• Of course I can. Here are two links, from which the following sentences are taken:

https://dibattiti.wordpress.co…gylab-intervista-focardi/

("si era riusciti" : we have been able to)

http://www.radiocittadelcapo.i…usione-fredda-ni-h-75679/

My Italian is no existent. However the page seems to talk about a small apartment and processes and not heating a factory for several years.

Are you sure you have it right?

• Since you like taking up lawyers on their bullshit, you should take up your own bullshit. Only one of your examples was science, and it's not like Shockley conned many people over vitamin C. In fact I would suggest you made yet another mistake there and intended to say Linus Pauling. Way to go, lawyer boy.

By bringing in invalid analogies, especially by your ridiculous political stance, you are attempting to obfuscate. Typical lawyer move. Please, by all means, tell us your former law firm so that we can all go out of our way to avoid it.

Please explain this: "especially by your ridiculous political stance, you are attempting to obfuscate." Are you suggesting that I am attempting to obfuscate my opinions, political or otherwise? I thought I was pretty open open them. Or are you suggesting that being a liberal progressive Democrat is a ridiculous political stance?

• Official Post

Rossi is not obliged to talk about customers in his deposition.

But he did "talk about customers" in his depo, and said under oath there are NO customers, and never have been. Nor does he have factories in the US, or Sweden, or plans for one in the near future. Yet, on his JONP he has stated many times just the opposite.

Note: After the depo, he started calling the Doral facility he rents his factory.

• Of course I can. Here are two links, from which the following sentences are taken:

https://dibattiti.wordpress.co…gylab-intervista-focardi/

("si era riusciti" : we have been able to)

http://www.radiocittadelcapo.i…usione-fredda-ni-h-75679/

I see where he is heating an office for a few years but not a factory for years and nothng about if that specific heater was actually producing COP>1. I often have to cool my lab due to the instruments and equipment but they are not producing excess.

• That's as simple as the guy trying to point to why isn't Rossi selling zillions of reactors in Europe. If IH had that kind of technology other than Rossi, they would be the hottest company on the horizon. They had COP of 3 to 20 depending on... Rossi. That's why they are striving to keep Rossi's supposedly worthless IP.

I don't believe that. For example if the tech used costly Pd, or quickly wore out (as with G Miley's unit) it would not be commercially viable. You are mixing having a technology to produce excess with commercial viability.

• I don't believe that. For example if the tech used costly Pd, or quickly wore out (as with G Miley's unit) it would not be commercially viable. You are mixing having a technology to produce excess with commercial viability.

IH is the ones making the claim in THEIR document. If they have some other commercially viable option, why aren't they selling it? What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

• Kev: You are correct, it was Linus Pauling and Vitamin C. It was Shockley and his views on race, intelligence and

eugenics that I was thinking of. Good thing I made a point of saying earlier I am not a scientist. Oh, and by the way, I don't believe I ever said that Penon had not be deposed.

Law firms: O'Melveny & Myers, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Loeb & Loeb. If you were thinking of engaging them, bring a large check.

Thanks for the reference. When I was a process server I would sometimes bring a check and say it had to be delivered personally. It was a valid check for a nickel, and sometimes the recipients considered their time so valuable that they actually cashed it. I'm thinking OMHHRLL would cash my check, not realizing that their time in doing so is worth far more than that nickel. I'm thinking you would have cashed my check as well.

• Thanks for the reference. When I was a process server I would sometimes bring a check and say it had to be delivered personally. It was a valid check for a nickel, and sometimes the recipients considered their time so valuable that they actually cashed it. I'm thinking OMHHRLL would cash my check, not realizing that their time in doing so is worth far more than that nickel. I'm thinking you would have cashed my check as well.

That more than explains your legal acumen. As to the nickel check, with the ability to deposit it by scanning it with my cell phone, why not.

• I haven't been following the slideshow discussion closely, but as a reminder, it is from 2013 as detailed in this old ecw comment

• kevmo,

I have to agree with OG; studying the court documents should come first, coming to conclusions second. It does not work well when you reverse that order! :) I suggest a good place to dig in (court documents), would be Rossi in his own words/depositions. Well, let me clarify that a bit as Rossi played 3 roles, or wore 3 hats as some describe. As such, he was deposed 3 times: Rossi as Leonardo (194-03), Rossi as Andrea (194-07), and lastly Rossi as JMP. Note how effortlessly he switches between roles. At times acting as if the 3 are totally different people.

Enjoy. And BTW, GPT has been heavily used, argued about, and referenced since the very beginning.

I suppose you'll be offering better odds than WoodWorker? You can track a man's "conclusions" by the odds he is asking.

• Two paperless notes now on the docket:

• Clerks Notice to Filer re 317 Proposed Voir Dire Questions. Document Not Related to Case; CORRECTIVE ACTION REQUIRED - Filer must file a Notice of Striking, then refile the document in the appropriate case. (ps1) (Entered: 06/20/2017)
    • PAPERLESS Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga: Interim Pretrial Conference held on 6/20/2017. Total time in court: 1 hour(s) : 33 minutes. Attorney Appearance(s): Christopher Rebel Jude Pace, Christopher Martin Lomax, Brian W. Chaiken, Court Reporter: Stephanie McCarn, 305-523-5518 / [email protected]. (cmz) (Entered: 06/20/2017)
  • When were they so happy with Rossi's reactor? A long time before the test. The dummy reactor? That showed that a Rossi test could be 100% wrong. The Swedes however and Penon etc were all saying tests were OK. The Ferrara tests, after that, were pretty convincing. In retrospect (and I at the time) it is easy to see Rossi is a flake. IH bet that he must have something, rather like you KeV they read Mats book (or equivalent) and in spite of reservations felt it was too good a chance to miss.

Genadi, on his thread posted, some nice Russian Rossi repros, that were recently made. Ni LENR seems to work very, very well...

The Ni-H LiAlH4 repros.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.