Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• No one can tell Rossi how to do anything. I have met mercurial inventors like that.

Ross is not a scientist. He's a businessman thoroughly acquainted with the fact that people will do their best to steal his IP, and in the past people have stolen his IP. His actions match that of a con man but they also match that of a mercurial & paranoid inventor. Rossi initially didn't even want to do ANY demos unless it was to paying customers. But his friend Focardi was dying of cancer and wanted the recognition.

Here's what I don't understand. He was demonstrating a COP > 10 much of the time. How do you fake that much heat? Surely if it was really COP <1 then the damned thing would barely feel warm. Even the most pedestrian observer would notice such a severe lack of claimed heat.

How do you fake that much heat? Really?

You measure it with tools you supply and only you interpret the measured data.

• I did note that depo was taken in Dominican Republic. Dominican Republic is not a party to either of the two international service of process treaties, so formal service requires Letters Rogatory, which are a PITA and ain't cheap. So IH didn't serve Penon, Penon was dismissed, depo was taken of country. Very interesting.

This got me wondering whether people have ever been known to decamp to a country that is not a party to either of the two international service of process treaties for that specific reason.

• This got me wondering whether people have ever been known to decamp to a country that is not a party to either of the two international service of process treaties for that specific reason.

I would imagine that the DR was chosen for other reasons. Service of process under both the Hague Convention and the Inter-American Service Convention are also both PITA and not cheap. Here is a link to a discussion:

http://www.proskauer.com/files…%20Litigation_Serving.pdf

• That's as simple as the guy trying to point to why isn't Rossi selling zillions of reactors in Europe. If IH had that kind of technology other than Rossi, they would be the hottest company on the horizon. They had COP of 3 to 20 depending on... Rossi. That's why they are striving to keep Rossi's supposedly worthless IP.

kev

If they had what you say, then paying off Rossi $89M would be nothing, and well worth it to prevent this long legal distraction. In that case they have every reason to give him what he wants and none to get into a row.

The Cassarino notes show them thinking in terms of $200M+ for the next round of funding, including money to pay Rossi off. That never happened. Can you think why?

• kev

If they had what you say, then paying off Rossi $89M would be nothing, and well worth it to prevent this long legal distraction. In that case they have every reason to give him what he wants and none to get into a row.

The Cassarino notes show them thinking in terms of $200M+ for the next round of funding, including money to pay Rossi off. That never happened. Can you think why?

They are already in a row and their relationship is broken regardless if they pay Rossi $89M or not, so they might as well not pay him.

Of course I can think why but I'm gonna let someone else become the gander sauce.

• You seem to think that if anyone has not explicitly contradicted an outlandish claim that they cannot in any case know about, therefore they support it?

That is a corollary to the prime tenant of Rosscientology ( ie: science must prove the non-existence of everything in the universe, along with every outlandish claim made by L.Ron Rossi), only understood and appreciated when one achieves Operating Quarkx Sigma5 Level of spritual development--you sir, are not yet worthy, and require more Auditing.

• The Cassarino notes show them thinking in terms of $200M+ for the next round of funding, including money to pay Rossi off. That never happened. Can you think why?

Yes.

They want to keep the money for themselves !

Reading this forum seems (SSC writing) that there is a kind of criminal tradition in Cherokee !

A simple google search contains a number of clarifying and disturbing documents about that !

https://www.google.com/search?…imeon+Venture+II+LLC+CERF

• That's why they are striving to keep Rossi's supposedly worthless IP.

Kev,

Not to add to the fodder, but one has to stop taking "Planet Rossi" stories and accepting them as fact.

For instance, there is absolutely no evidence that IH is "striving to keep Rossi's supposedly worthless IP". Please provide links if you have any.

What is indeed the case, is that IH has ALREADY PAID $10 million dollars for Rossi's IP! This is in the court documents. It is not debated even by Rossi.

They HAVE the IP and there is no "striving to keep it".

Now, just because someone paid for something, does not make it worth anything. As mentioned, Bernie Maddoff sold billions of investment portfolios and they were worth nothing.

However, are you saying that IH should simply "return" all of the legal rights of Rossi's IP back to Rossi for nothing? That they should state, we paid $10 million dollars for this, but it does

not work, so we are simply going to "return the legal rights" and write off the $10 million?

This is absurd. Of course they will keep the legal rights until either Rossi pays them back (which there has been no evidence that he has offered, other than a comment on his blog) or Rossi provides them with the intellectual property that allows them to build working reactors. (This is not going to happened because Rossi has no working reactors)

So again, we must stick to the facts and to logic.

If IH had IP that really worked they would :

1) Gladly pay Rossi so they could start selling BILLIONS in cold fusion reactors!

2) They would start selling cold fusion reactors or lease the IP to manufacturers to build them for them and make billions.

3) Become larger than Apple.

They do not build reactors and sell them and make billions for the exact same reason Rossi does not do this in Europe! Because the eCat does not work!

• They are already in a row and their relationship is broken regardless if they pay Rossi $89M or not, so they might as well not pay him.

Of course I can think why but I'm gonna let someone else become the gander sauce.

kev

Really?

You don't think it pretty obvious that the row started when they made it clear to Rossi he was not going to get his $89M?

Why do you think he was desperate (see his deposition) to run the test?

Your speculation in this area goes against common sense.

• Or are you suggesting that being a liberal progressive Democrat is a ridiculous political stance?

We are treading dangerous waters now! :)

Think the debate about Rossi is hot, I hate to see what would happen if the politics became the subject!

Perhaps best to leave that subject for another forum:!::whistling:

• If IH had IP that really worked they would :

1) Gladly pay Rossi so they could start selling BILLIONS in cold fusion reactors!

2) They would start selling cold fusion reactors or lease the IP to manufacturers to build them for them and make billions.

3) Become larger than Apple.

Not if they are incompetent. If you finally get Murray set up with a modified reactor end of 2015 / beginning of 2016, then pull the plug and box everything up after a few months, and deny that Dameron ever had positive results, then 1) you don't start selling BILLIONS in cold fusion reactors, 2) you don't lease the IP to others, and 3) you become the size of about an apple.

My Italian is no existent. However the page seems to talk about a small apartment and processes and not heating a factory for several years.

Are you sure you have it right?

The impossible claim that Rossi heated a factory with an ecat in 2007 originated with a patent application by Rossi. In English. I could probably find it for you but really, why bother? Rossi was later asked about it and confirmed that he claimed that this was true.

@ip,

The psychology of a skeptopath is much more interesting.

This meaningless term, "skeptopath"," always amuses me. It's use seems to be limited to semi-incoherent, rabid, and highly gullible believers. It is liberally applied to anyone whose logic and facts threatens the fables and cons that believers adore. I've found the same sort of behavior in forums which promote psychic mediums who talk to the dead and similar quackery.

• The impossible claim that Rossi heated a factory with an ecat in 2007 originated with a patent application by Rossi. In English. I could probably find it for you but really, why bother? Rossi was later asked about it and confirmed that he claimed that this was true.

Well, given that ecats are electric heaters I don't see why it should not be true. Just the factory would have needed additional heating or got rather cold (or been very small). Rossi is slippery with words.

Ir was entirely true. But since the reactor was small, and the factory large, it didn't heat it very much.

How in the world do you know it "was entirely true"? Because Rossi said so? Not that it matters but Rossi clearly implied that the ecat was substituted for the heating element in a sizable boiler and functioned the same as the replaced element. The real issue here is what happened to this wonder? Who saw it? Where did it go?

Like Rossi's fictional high efficiency thermoelectric converters which were fictionally tested at the very real University of New Hampshire where nobody seems to have ever documented or commented anything about it, Rossi's magical heater, far as we know, has never been seen, photographed, preserved, tested or properly documented. Yet you, Alan, believe it was real. Why am I not surprised at that?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.