Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• I totally agree with your thoughts about the alleged heat exchanger, and in my opinion the entire 1 year test was a complete farce.

But what about IH? Do they have an absolutly clean record in this affair, e.g in regards of separating IH business from Cherokee?

Can anybody explain what this "Private Placement" means (Bloomberg-screenshot):

Yes, they were seeking investors to invest in property remediation. Totally irrelevant to the present case. Won't be admitted for any reason. What does Cherokee seeking money have to do with whether or not Rossi satisfied the conditions precedent to the payment of the additional $89 million?

• @[email protected]

This person links to a betmoose wager that expired because nobody would take it. Really? What abject moron wrote the bet? The problem is glaringly obvious: indicted for fraud within a year?

That's just dumb. Many cases of fraud are NEVER criminally prosecuted *and* if they are, the investigation prior to the indictment takes way more than a year. Might as well bet that I won't be indicted for promoting by pink invisible flying unicorns. How about a real bet:

I will bet you even odds on $10,000 that there will be no commercially available *working* LENR heat or electricity generator making a net of one kilowatt or more, on the open market, where I can buy one, within a year? Want that bet? I added *working* and the 1 kW requirement because you can probably buy all sorts of fraudulent devices, claimed and hard to test low power devices, purported to be LENR generators and reactors as well as non-working "kits". I'd make that bet FIVE years if there is some way to guarantee the bet without tying up the $10K for the duration.

That is a great bet, you should post it yourself on Betmoose. I'm pretty sure I challenged you over a year ago to do exactly that. And at the same time I said the same thing that the vehemence of your rhetoric is not reflected in the bets you offer as well as the odds. You are SO CERTAIN, you should be happy to offer 15:1 odds or something like that. You keep arguing against people that you perceive would be happy to take you up on 1:1 odds but the reality of the vehemence is far from that, which is what I learned when I won my first bet on a Cold Fusion article getting peer reviewed.

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo…2435697/posts?q=1&;page=1

The anti-LENR vehemence was at 20:1, but all I managed to get in the end was ~3:1 odds.

• I presume no one followed up on this, since the window guys showed up almost a year after the Plant was shut down to replace a window that was there for the previous year, and that somehow no one noticed was missing or venting 1000's of CFM of hot air while the Plant was running. Possibly the window was removed for the sake of Wong, and he was set up to see a window being replaced on that day almost year to the day after the Customer "test" was finished.

• I did some calculations on the heat exchanger. 220 Meters of 6 inch schedule 40 piping and 41 6 inch schedule 40 180 degree elbows come to over 15000 pounds just for the piping alone in the heat exchanger. I would question the ability of a second floor being able to handle that kind of load. Also, the second floor is listed as having only one ladder to enter or exit from the second floor in one deposition. (I forget which). OSHA regulations require at least two exits in any operating unit. Assuming that 1/2 of the welding would be done offsite ahead of time, It would take a minimum of 5 10 hour days for a crew of 10 to perform the installation. That assumes that everything goes perfectly. In the real world, this project would probably take 2-3 40 hour weeks to install. I can't list an estimate for running the piping to and from the exchanger because I do not have any data.

No one noticed a crew like that working in the plant?

Notes: a crew of ten would consist of 1 supervisor, 1 expeditor, 1 laborer, 1 crane or fork lift operator, 2 pipefitters, 2 welders, and 2 pipefitter helpers. This would be the most efficient use of time.

This calculation assumes that you can get a 10 meter piece of piping with an elbow attached into the second floor. More welds in place would add more time to the installation.

This calculation does not include supporting the exchanger because I do not have enough data.

Building the encasing box would require at least two carpenters and two insulators once the exchanger is installed. I have not done either job. My estimate would be one to two weeks for that but I could be way off.

You could do this job with a crew of three but the amount of time to finish would go up by at least a factor of three.

• I would question the ability of a second floor being able to handle that kind of load. Also, the second floor is listed as having only one ladder to enter or exit from the second floor in one deposition. (I forget which). OSHA regulations require at least two exits in any operating unit.

See:

EXPERT REPORT OF RICK A. SMITH, P.E., Document 235-1

SUPPLEMENTAL EXPERT REPORT OF RICK A. SMITH, P.E., Document 235-10

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0235.10_Exhibit_10.pdf

"The only access to the mezzanine is a rickety wooden stairs, which the attorneys made this author climb first (load test) before they would use it."

FULL QUOTE:

Plaintiffs are now claiming that the heat rejection was not done in the black box, but by a heat exchanger
    located in the mezzanine at the west side of the facility. To date, there has been no evidence presented
    that such a heat exchanger existed. No photos, drawings, calculations, purchase orders, construction
    documents, etc. have been provided to the author. When Mr. Murray and the author inspected the Doral
    site on 02 Mar 2017, we found absolutely no physical evidence that there had been a heat exchanger in the mezzanine.

There was no lighting, other than the windows, no electrical power (save two small junction boxes and
    some small conduit), no holes or patches where conduit and power boxes would have been mounted, no
    holes or patches where piping would have been supported, no hole patches in the floor or the drywall wall
    – in short, nothing. The only access to the mezzanine is a rickety wooden stairs, which the attorneys
    made this author climb first (load test) before they would use it.

The door to the mezzanine is about 22-1/2” wide by about 79” high. It would be extremely difficult to get
    equipment, piping, conduit, duct work, and the other items for such an installation up the narrow, rickety
    stairs and through that narrow door into the mezzanine. The other alternative would have been to remove
    one of the window assemblies and rig the equipment from the west parking lot up into the mezzanine.
    The building owner may have records of this being done, or the rigging company surely would have
    purchase orders and invoices for that work.

Plaintiffs are also now claiming that their heat exchanger vented through one of the windows on the west
    side of the mezzanine, facing the street (NW 79th Avenue). The picture below was taken by an
    investigator during October, 2015.

[Photo showing glass in window]

• Official Post

The alleged heat exchanger was described by Penon by Rossi as having approximately 22 steel pipes, each approximately 30 feet long

Woodworker,

I do not recall Penon describing an "upstairs" heat exchanger. Or any HE at all. Other than Rossi, the only talk about any HE, comes from JMP's engineer :) , Bass when he talked about the supposed heat exchanger in the JMP black box, or serpentine pipes as he describes it. Of all, he would know if some contraption ran from JMP's BB (which he oversaw), along the floor, up some rickety stairs into the mezzazine, and vented out a "closed" window, where almost anyone entering the office below, or parking nearby would be served sunny side up.

Anyways, good post. Not bad for an "extreme liberal". :) One question I would add for JD to ask:

DR. Rossi...in an interview with your good friend Mats Lewan shortly after you filed suit, you said the "unused heat" was vented out the roof. Yet, you described an elaborate mezzazine/upstairs HE in your deposition 10 months later, under oath in your deposition. Soooo....

• DR. Rossi...in an interview with your good friend Mats Lewan shortly after you filed suit, you said the "unused heat" was vented out the roof. Yet, you described an elaborate mezzazine/upstairs HE in your deposition 10 months later, under oath in your deposition. Soooo....

Rossi: the heat exchanger was "used heat". The "unused heat" was vented out through the roof.

• See:

Plaintiffs are also now claiming that their heat exchanger vented through one of the windows on the west
    side of the mezzanine, facing the street (NW 79th Avenue). The picture below was taken by an
    investigator during October, 2015.

[Photo showing glass in window]

[Except for the two panes of the window that show no glass in that photo.]

• Official Post

I enjoyed your post, but what prompts you to ask this question? Can you point to which evidence leads you to think that nobody noticed?

Read Rossi's depo again. The lawyers were just as "prompted" to follow up when hearing in his depo his elaborate, and unsubstantiated account. Understandable, as that was the first time anyone, including JD, had heard of an upstairs HE. Even Bass, JMP Engineer ( :) ), seems to have missed it. Hard for him not to notice...don't you think?

We WILL see this issue revisited in the trial! "Where did the heat go in that small area?", An area so compact, you could throw a frisbee easily from one parking lot to the other, and not hit the 1MW plant or JMP BB in between, or if Rossi farted on one side, IH would smell it on the other, is the one issue an average jury can identify with. So JD will hammer on it.

Rossi's defense team is no doubt prepared with another fanciful rebuttal, so it should be entertaining.

• Read Rossi's depo again. The lawyers were just as "prompted" to follow up when hearing in his depo his elaborate, and unsubstantiated account. Understandable, as that was the first time anyone, including JD, had heard of an upstairs HE. Even Bass, JMP Engineer ( :) ), seems to have missed it. Hard for him not to notice...don't you think?

I appreciate your thoughts on this, but it would be nice to see some evidence for the proposition that nobody noticed it. I don't remember reading anywhere in the deposition evidence that we have access to of anyone stating that they never noticed the piping being installed in the mezzanine. Now, do I think people were asked this question during the depositions? Yes, I would think so. But for whatever reason, neither party revealed their answers in the briefings. In all probability, one or more persons will be asked this question under oath on the witness stand.

• @Shane,

And likewise, if we happen to get answers from everyone (anyone?) involved that nobody noticed the heat exchanger being installed in the mezzanine, then I will revise my thoughts as well. At this point, I don't really know. Not enough information. As I've said for some time, I think the heat exchanger issue might be best the Rossi critics have at this point.

• I enjoyed your post, but what prompts you to ask this question? Can you point to which evidence leads you to think that nobody noticed?

I am drawing a conclusion from the lack of evidence in the court records. This is not a home depot job. You would have to go to a piping supply to get that large of piping and elbows. 7+ tons of material in one order would have a paper trail and if I were sueing for 89 million plus triple damages I would make sure that it was part of the deposition record. The construction of the exchanger should be tax deductible as a business expense and might even be eligible for a tax credit so he would have kept the records for IRS purposes.

JedRothwell

Thanks for finding the quote for me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.