Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• And he described in some detail how this is done. You must remember, Rossi comes from a blue-collar background. His family heritage is one of blue-collar industrialist / entrepreneur types. He isn't a country bumpkin.

Edit: if you all haven't read An Impossible Invention by Mats Lewan, I highly recommend that you do. You will gain a much deeper insight into who Rossi is.

Sure.... and in case you or Mats or Rossi himself tells me that Rossi can walk on water, I will certainly believe ;)

• It's so funny, all the plethora of mere "coincidences", misfortunes, and/or conspiracies where any positive proof are always absent, such as out of many photos they juuuuuuuuuuuust missed by inches taking one of the fathom heat exchanger that would provide irrefutable evidence; but what's even funnier (or ridiculous) is your "logic" that this absence of proof is indeed proof.

• Rossi, nor IHFB, have enough practical knowledge to understand that fabricating such a large heavy heat exchanger is not like the Home-Depot small pipe, tubing, insulation and tape-mummified crude tabletop "demos" and "prototypes" that Rossi concocted. In addition to your excellent outline above, they did all that installation, and removal (requiring some significant rigging to manage pipe that heavy (unless the cut it all up into 3'sections (a big job in itself))) in a cramped, limited-access, un-airconditioned second floor, with Rossi and some day-laborers, with nary a bit of evidence left behind--not even a hole or dent in the wall!

If I were the lawyer, I'd haul a 3' section of that pipe into the courtroom and have the jurors (and/or Rossi) try to pick up the 60 pound short piece, and then have them imagine dragging up pieces 10 times as long and heavy into their attic in the summertime, manipulating, cutting, welding etc with Rossi and a couple of helpers. Rossi should have made his story more believable by stating that the pieces were rigged thru his invisible quick-change glazing system on the windows.

• How can a "docent i kärnfysik" specialized in nuclear measures (and strangely working in an "Analytisk kemi" dpt.) transmute some Swedish glacier water into ice wine?

Intriguing question to be settled in the next weeks, post lemonade.

That's kind of cool. Fulvio working with the Uppsala team now... (Roland Pettersson). Interesting.

• WMartin - it is good to know that a certified pipefitter is following this story. You have provided incredibly interesting information.

The shear volume of the set-up and teardown (two tractor trailer loads of material!!),the special parts / leadtime requirements and the lack of evidence for any supporting hardware are most helpful observations and make a lot of sense. Rossi is going to fry on the stand trying to pull this off.

• At Uppsala we have in effect now all rotten eggs in one basket.

The Swedes have shown themselves collectively to be highly unprofessional, or highly incompetent, or both. But not rotten.

Specifically, they have not defended a paper published and criticised methodologically (which cannot be defended but on the other hand is not at all definitive) and then criticised because of specific mathematical errors in their calculation methods, with both the wrong and correct calculations laid out, where the correct calculations show no excess heat, no acceleration in excess heat.

They have been informed of the second, more cogent, criticism, directly by e-mail from its author (TC said here) before it was published, and chose not to comment privately or publicly. They have also not retracted the original report.

Whatever legal etc reasons they may have for keeping a low profile, they were informed of this a long time before any question of legal action. Therefore not to respond or retract shows either extreme incompetence - where they do not properly read a critique of their own work, or unprofessional behaviour where in spite of knowing work to be incorrect they do not retract it.

That they seem (and semblances in this story are often misleading) to remain interested in the possibility of such a device working says volumes for their gullibility, but nothing for the liklihood of this being true.

Everyone here knows this, some choose to ignore it.

• How big would such a system be? Could it be easily hidden from all the photos? It seems that 600 feet of pipe would end up being seen in the photos. Especially the six inch pipes with insulation at the bottom of the doorway.

• ... "Rossi comes from a blue-collar background. His family heritage is one of blue-collar industrialist" specialized in hand-made Cottrell / electrostatic smoke precipitators.

Mezzanine is roomy. Why not a Cottrell magnetic impulse generators to boil rotten eggs, too?

Remember van Bogaert patent and the skill of Italian people to produce fakes (and sell it for millions):

https://worldwide.espacenet.co…19910604&DB=&locale=en_EP

• Why did [Dewey] photoshop away the publishing year/date of the journal??

go pull the St Andre' article from the original Corriere Della Sierra archives... They will find that your photoshop spin is yet another lie

if you pull up that article in from the archive of the Italian paper, you are likely to find those blanked out squares there already.

Are you sure about that, Eric?

http://archivio.corriere.it/Ar…uwM4AOeAMbdc2HjzpgAvgF0gA

Although to be fair, it does seem like the white boxes are covering blank areas of the page...

• It's so funny, all the plethora of mere "coincidences", misfortunes, and/or conspiracies where any positive proof are always absent, such as out of many photos they juuuuuuuuuuuust missed by inches taking one of the fathom heat exchanger that would provide irrefutable evidence; but what's even funnier (or ridiculous) is your "logic" that this absence of proof is indeed proof.

There were only three photos. Maybe there were a couple of others mentioned, but the discussion between Rossi and Pace centered on a mere three available photos from the JMP side. You're not going to get a panoramic with three photos, especially considering all of the objects that could obstruct the view.

• Rossi, nor IHFB, have enough practical knowledge to understand that fabricating such a large heavy heat exchanger is not like the Home-Depot small pipe, tubing, insulation and tape-mummified crude tabletop "demos" and "prototypes" that Rossi concocted. In addition to your excellent outline above, they did all that installation, and removal (requiring some significant rigging to manage pipe that heavy (unless the cut it all up into 3'sections (a big job in itself))) in a cramped, limited-access, un-airconditioned second floor, with Rossi and some day-laborers, with nary a bit of evidence left behind--not even a hole or dent in the wall!

If I were the lawyer, I'd haul a 3' section of that pipe into the courtroom and have the jurors (and/or Rossi) try to pick up the 60 pound short piece, and then have them imagine dragging up pieces 10 times as long and heavy into their attic in the summertime, manipulating, cutting, welding etc with Rossi and a couple of helpers. Rossi should have made his story more believable by stating that the pieces were rigged thru his invisible quick-change glazing system on the windows.

Take a look at the serpentine pipe constructed and fitted within the JMP container. This is well within Rossi's capacity to do.

• Take a look at the serpentine pipe constructed and fitted within the JMP container. This is well within Rossi's capacity to do.

That serpentine pipe actually looked well done. Way to lazy to find the picture. I'll leave it to the engineers to argue whether it was appropriate or not. My comments have mostly been designed to show that the exchanger system would take longer than people think and is a pretty significant project. I have noticed that people focus only on the exchanger itself. The total system would likely be 800 to 1000 feet of piping, not just the 650 feet in the exchanger itself.

• Er Rends - these are the pictures that Rossi took inside the JMP container when the Florida safety inspectors were onsite.

He has also wrapped himself around the axle himself on the picture source as well - another day, another gauntlet for the R'ster.

• Many many thanks for the detailed analysis. I always suspected welding was more difficult that it seemed. I guess Gorilla tape might not have been adequate to the task.

Give him time!!

Edit: if you all haven't read An Impossible Invention by Mats Lewan, I highly recommend that you do. You will gain a much deeper insight into who Rossi is.

Reading Lewan's epic tome is mostly a waste of time. Almost everything he says about Rossi is what Rossi told him or published on the internet, in other words, Rossifiction. Lewan does not have a single critical bone in his entire body. It would be hard to find a more gullible person unless it were Sterling Allan, but you won't be able to find him for a decade or so because he is in jail for self-admitted child molesting. The bulk of Lewan's book, when not reciting Rossi fables or his own mis-measured incompetent experiments, is a charming travelogue. Don't waste your time. I regret that I did.

Insight into who Rossi is? ROTFWL! You don't need much insight to know who Rossi is. Just examine his past record in newspaper reports (not Rossi web pages). It's entirely composed of failures, lies, broken promises, impossible projections, implausible behavior and scams -- at least three rotten, expensive scams, each of which cost honest people and governments millions of dollars each. THAT is who Rossi is. And it's pity the jury won't know it because nobody took the time and effort to charge him with those crimes except the Italian government, which did not do it very well.

Hey Woodworker, I don't suppose Rossi's Petroldragon scam, the one that polluted an entire Italian province, could be entered into evidence? Anyway it was probably too long ago and it is too complicated and argued over for a jury to sort out. Apparently, under Italy's legal system, Rossi was convicted, then sentenced, served time, then partly acquitted on appeal, then recharged, then statues of limitations expired, But he was indeed convicted of felonies -- illegal gold trading and tax evasion, IIRC. Krivit has all the details on his web site: http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…al-Criminal-History.shtml

So in a civil trial, I am curious to know, can you bring in prior convictions for criminal activity that might be related to the case at hand? How about prior scams, even if they did not result in criminal charges or lawsuits?

I know this is repetitive to the regulars but new people brought in by the trial activity may not know.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.