Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• Why don't the "fans" demand that Rossi produce a dated copy of the alleged offer. So far it is just an unsworn comment on the internet. But as Abraham Lincoln is claimed to said " The problem with quotes found on the net is that they cannot be authenticated"

• Considering his connection to Hydrofusion, and relationship with Rossi, maybe we can give him the same insider status as Dewey/Jed, and give him more leeway than the rest of us?

Don't think so. His connection is too unclear and distant, and he tries really hard to stir up the pot. He's basically indefinitely on probation.

• Shane D - Siffer has been here the entire time under several other handles. In addition, he's now promoting Fulvio from his blog - we all know what that means.

Very interesting. What does it mean Dewey? Why do you care about Fulvio? And what handles are you talking about? Please tell us!

• Siffer - you know the rules here. We wouldn't want to get Rends all riled up on this fine Monday now would we?

All over you pal.

Ok. I guess you should worry about Rends, thats fine. But I still find the Fulvio Uppsala engagement really interesting, don't you? That is why I'm (and I believe others too are) interested in your take on " ... know what that means" really hints. Isn't it so, that you and your friends really really wanted the input from Fulvio even after you decided not to pay Rossi? Isn't so, that you suspect that he has some important information about the inner workings of the E-Cat that you long for ? You know I could be right, don't you ;)

• I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction (more of a wild-ass guess, really) as to the outcome of this trial. It should be noted that: (1) this is more of a gut instinct call than anything else; and (2) my track record on trial predictions is mixed.

My prediction is that everyone is walking away from this one with nothing. Rossi loses his case, but IH loses their counterclaim, and each side ultimately pays its own attorneys fees and share of the costs.

And you're not alone, although you're the first Real LawyerTM to weigh in with a prediction.

Awhile back in the thread (here) I made the same prediciton in a Bold Prediction Challenge (link) that I'm personally bank rolling to the tune of 'millyuns of Quatloos'!

In a relatively rare occurrence, IH Fan Boy and I are in agreement regarding your prediction, and so we've bet 'all our Quatloos' (up to a millyun) that no parties are awarded any monetary damages or court costs. (BTW, Allen Fletcher is the all time Bold Prediction Challenge winner so far, because in a previous bold prediction challenge, he correctly (and boldly) predicted that all Motions for Summary Judgement and other motions for sanctions would be tossed by Altonaga at a hearing prior to trial.

(In that previous challenge, I predicted incorrectly that at least one count of Rossi's breach of contract claims would be dismissed on Summary Judgement based on Joint Pretrial Stipulation of uncontested facts (Doc. 280).)

But this still leaves an open question regarding what would likely happen in such a court ruling regarding the license agreement. Since IH has paid the $11.5M for the license and '1MW' E-Cat, would they continue to own that E-Cat and rights to Rossi's IP in the designated 'territories'?

Maybe IH could donate the 1MW E-Cat to quatloos.com, as their first physical specimen in the 'cyber museum of scams and frauds'?

Presumably, under the assumption of this predicted outcome, the court would rule that Rossi failed the $89M performance clause of the agreement, but that purchased E-Cat and license to IP are still valid, right? As a lawyer, do you have any sense as to what the court might rule regarding the existing License Agreement assuming that neither party is awarded any damages?

(I put you down for a millyun quatloos on your bold prediction). ;)

• Siffer - Fulvio showing up in Uppsala as a "guest researcher" after fleeing from Miami to Russia is a most fascinating development. The timing of all of these developments

is classic Rossi. I could write the rest of the script for you (which seems to have already to have been written).

• @sifferkoll

When you hear that the work of Fulvio together with Rossi produces the same COP on a dummy as on a loaded device, then as an old Uppsala student I'm a bit sad

to hear that he know works together with people there. This doesn't bode well. Of cause I want the technology to be viable, but from what I've seen so far, this saga

is telling me that science run away screaming many years ago and everything left is a play of fools. Actually a great play, and it has a value av entertainment,

(not sure IH agrees but what the heck we're just a small fart in a big universe). As far as I see it, It have the potential of matching that saga about that women that couldn't sing but

draw tons of people supporting here, possible to get a great laugh, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Foster_Jenkins. I kind of liked that woman and tend to

like a lot of the people around this mess as well probably by the same reason. Here I hand you some facts that needs a good explanation.

* No mention of a heat exchanger by Rossi when the venting of the heat was first brought up, just "a window was opened".

* A Dummy had the same COP as an active one

* No proper focus to prove the technology before running to MW scale - severe amateurism and a big question mark: did they fool themselves?

* No good provable track reckord.

* Statements like dummies are not needed

* If it works then why not prove it works and make billions and be done with it why bother with litigation.

In the best of worlds, Rossi got mad at IH for pointing out that Rossi foold himself into a product that doesn't work and decided to dump IH and people are just primadonnas

of technology that can't technologize. Or we have plain old fools getting foold by foolers. Maybe I'm wrong and the quark proves to work, then I'll be glad. But most likely I will in 10 years

put on and old stone cake by Florence Foster Jenkins, fire up the internet and have some great laughs reading through historical notes from these forums.

• It sounds very dramatic claiming that Fulvio fled to Uppsala but I do not think that is the case. It's a very nice city in the summer and I'm sure he enjoy very much working and spending time over there. I do not find it intimidating at all if a bunch of scientists takes a second look at this. Relax.

• Sam - did I say that Fulvio "fled to Uppsala"? No I did not. My bet is the Fulvs showed up under somebody's nickel and that Uppsala's years old "replication" effort suddenly started working.

If that IS the case then we why would we not reasonably suspect the same "magic" that got an excess heat signal from an empty reactor in Raleigh and that fooled everyone in Lugano?

That is the track record - no reason to expect anything different unless there is suddenly a high value pinball source code project that has been gen'd up in Sweden.

• as an old Uppsala student I'm a bit sad

to hear that he know works together with people there. This doesn't bode well.

On the contrary. I believe it is a very a good sign.

And I don't care much about the list of bla bla FUD produced by IH. The reason for the litigation is that IH did not pay up when they should have. Maybe they were not able to raise enough money or worse never intended to pay. Who knows?

Their plan was to keep Rossi under control legally with the LA (crafted in a bad way for Rossi). For IH it has been about the IP all the time, never to produce anything. They did not expect to be sued however, which explains their panic mode since. IH probably got what they paid for at the start and they were fine with it up until the GPT started to produce COP>50 and that juice they probably did not have (COP 5 yes, but 50 no). At the same time they started to piss Rossi off and the cooperation deteriorated. Probably Rossi at that time started to suspect that they were never going to pay and that the business goal of IH was only to pocket the Woodford cash.

• On the contrary. I believe it is a very a good sign.

And I don't care much about the list of bla bla FUD produced by IH. The reason for the litigation is that IH did not pay up when they should have. Maybe they were not able to raise enough money or worse never intended to pay. Who knows?

Their plan was to keep Rossi under control legally with the LA (crafted in a bad way for Rossi). For IH it has been about the IP all the time, never to produce anything. They did not expect to be sued however, which explains their panic mode since. IH probably got what they paid for at the start and they were fine with it up until the GPT started to produce COP>50 and that juice they probably did not have (COP 5 yes, but 50 no). At the same time they started to piss Rossi off and the cooperation deteriorated. Probably Rossi at that time started to suspect that they were never going to pay and that the business goal of IH was only to pocket the Woodford cash.

I'm sorry, but you don't include all points. Let's take one that bother me quite much. When talking about venting the excess heat of 1MW he just opens a window according to his own saying. This looks crazy to me. Let me

explain: my background is in calculating heat dissipation of equipment of the order 500kW and these are big rooms and yet the industry folks was very keen on getting proof that their venting strategies could work.

So I've been behind numerous CFD simulations for these equipment setups. To me it's very strange that he just wave away these question and doesn't understand the physics and problems and need to vent out 1MW.

Ignorant put it bluntly. Yet later the heat exchanger is added to the plot. So to me, it is all an obvious smell in the wind direction, opposite of yours. Some rough figures an order of 10kW is needed to heat a normal

swedish villa in the winter half of the year, 1MW is 100 villas, and this is in Miami with a warm climate.

• I'm sorry, but you don't include all points. Let's take one that bother me quite much. When talking about venting the excess heat of 1MW he just opens a window according to his own saying. This looks crazy to me. Let me

explain: my background is in calculating heat dissipation of equipment of the order 500kW and these are big rooms and yet the industry folks was very keen on getting proof that their venting strategies could work.

So I've been behind numerous CFD simulations for these equipment setups. To me it's very strange that he just wave away these question and doesn't understand the physics and problems and need to vent out 1MW.

Ignorant put it bluntly. Yet later the heat exchanger is added to the plot. So to me, it is all an obvious smell in the wind direction, opposite of yours. Some rough figures an order of 10kW is needed to heat a normal

swedish villa in the winter half of the year, 1MW is 100 villas, and this is in Miami with a warm climate.

Still to many unknowns to even discuss (this is what the IH FUD is about - getting us to discuss unknowns at length). Insulation, like in Swedish Villas you know, does certainly matter. Try heating a sauna without insulation, 10kW on 4m³ will get you nowhere (well maybe not exactly nowhere, but not all the way) ... Etc etc. No, ignorance is actually falling into FUD-traps like this.

• On the contrary. I believe it is a very a good sign.

So Sifferkoll,

You must be elated that since things are tied up in court in North America so that Rossi has no choice but to produce his > 50 COP E-Cat wonder in Europe (or at least outside of NA), and because we know from what he posted on JONP that he already has a factory site in Sweden lined up, and since you have an inside track with HydroFusion, you're about to receive Big Benefits!

You have a front-row seat and back-stage pass to World History in the Making!!!

Or Rossi's just a fraudulent delusional con-man, and you've wasted a lot of people's time and money, helping to convince them on your blog and comments elsewhere that his fake stuff is real, manufacturing conspiracy theories out of thin air, taking evidence out of context implying defamation, all despite the strong evidence of Rossi's extraordinarily deceptive history.

Looks like we'll have some additional clarity regarding which of these two scenarios is true in a month or so.

• Still to many unknowns to even discuss (this is what the IH FUD is about - getting us to discuss unknowns at length). Insulation, like in Swedish Villas you know, does certainly matter. Try heating a sauna without insulation, 10kW on 4m³ will get you nowhere (well maybe not exactly nowhere, but not all the way) ... Etc etc. No, ignorance is actually falling into FUD-traps like this.

Well I think it is pretty ignorant to treat a figure like that in such a relax way as he does and it is showing that he have not contemplaiting what it means. If it was such a lax requirement as he maintained first why did

he claim the heat exchanger essentially agreeing with IH that 1MW in that building needs to be treated seriously. Smells like rotten fish to me.

• Or Rossi's just a fraudulent delusional con-man, and you've wasted a lot of people's time and money, helping to convince them that his fake stuff is real, despite the strong evidence otherwise.

As you might suspect, I have enough reasons (for me anyway) to believe Rossi is not fraudulent. I however do believe that there could be something rotten with the Darden/Cherokee/IH business agenda. Best case they simply did not have the money and sincerely planned to negotiate new terms with Rossi but I doubt it. There are of course any number of worse scenarios; one being that they never intended to produce anything, only to vacuum the market for all LENR IP and pocket it, either to sell or to shelve it, depending on what paid the best. Another possibility is that they were only going for the investor money ("fake" environmental), At least as a nice chapter 11 hedge ...

• As you might suspect, I have enough reasons (for me anyway) to believe Rossi is not fraudulent. I however do believe that there could be something rotten with the Darden/Cherokee/IH business agenda. Best case they simply did not have the money and sincerely planned to negotiate new terms with Rossi but I doubt it. There are of course any number of worse scenarios; one being that they never intended to produce anything, only to vacuum the market for all LENR IP and pocket it, either to sell or to shelve it, depending on what paid the best. Another possibility is that they were only going for the investor money ("fake" environmental), At least as a nice chapter 11 hedge ...

Everyone is entitled to their speculation, opinion (and even delusions), and sometimes even advice.

My free and earnest advice to you for what it's worth: don't quit your day job (but seriously consider that attempts to persuade people to invest their hopes, time, and money in faked technology is actually a detriment to society).

• Those good old days.....

May 25th last year, I sent this to Rossi

Dear Dr Rossi

Some time ago, I believe you mentioned having received an order for more 1MW e-cat reactors. If memory serves, you mentioned a delivery time of ~180 days.

Is this order still in existence, and are the reactors being manufactured?

Regards
    cleardot.gif

Nigel Appleton

The very same day, I got this in reply

Dear Mr Appleton:

The order is on course.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Something seems to have gone wrong!:/:/:/

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.