Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

•  

You, like so many others, are not getting it. It is in IH's interest to get this supposed offer onto the docket where it can be made "real". If it's for a refund of only $1 then the judge can throw Rossi's case under the bus in a hundred ways. If it is for a real refund of the whole amount and IH declines, the judge can make IH's life difficult as well.

That makes this a pivotal issue in this trial. Whether or not Rossi used illegal aliens to install his supposed heat exchanger is not a pivotal issue.

Still digging...

If it was me, and if many, many people weren't 'getting' something I was saying, I'd seriously wonder if what I was saying made sense. But maybe that's just me.

Seriously, the "offer" is - at absolute best - a fringe issue of trivial importance. More likely, it's not relevant at all. In neither case is it a pivotal issue in the trial. There are substantial reasons to doubt that the offer - if it existed - can be admitted into evidence, and even if it is there's plenty of room for both sides to spin any offer to their advantage. (For example, if it was an offer for the whole amount, IH can spin a choice to decline as being based on factors such as their inability to know if Rossi had used their up-front money to advance the research and was now trying to push them out so he could obtain a better deal for the US license elsewhere.)

And that's setting aside your inexplicable belief that the judge would try to use that evidence to shape the outcome of a jury case.

• IH has already entered evidence from the JONP blog. Why would you not be reading his blog? It is supposedly full of all kinds of classic Rossi bloviations and lies that you could use to paint him as a lying weasel in court.

You, like so many others, are not getting it. It is in IH's interest to get this supposed offer onto the docket where it can be made "real". If it's for a refund of only $1 then the judge can throw Rossi's case under the bus in a hundred ways. If it is for a real refund of the whole amount and IH declines, the judge can make IH's life difficult as well.

That makes this a pivotal issue in this trial. Whether or not Rossi used illegal aliens to install his supposed heat exchanger is not a pivotal issue.

Illegal alien comment - is that racist? Who said anything about illegal aliens?

I doubt that the claimed nebulous offer will not be entered in trial.

Again, they went through a court ordered mediation in January.

• Official Post

Kevmo,

Not sure I am following your logic regarding the alleged offer. When it was first reported in the Mats Lewan article from last May 16 2016 I posted above, Dewey responded by posting that he had just talked with Darden, and Darden told him it was untrue. Of course, Dewey said it more colorfully. :) After going on the record denying the offer, it would not be too cool to say otherwise this late in the game. Anyways I just can not see why this is a big deal to you.

And I really disagree with your comment "his supposed HE is not a pivotal issue". Could not be further from the truth. Of all, I see it as the most pivotal of all. They have Rossi every which way but Sunday on that one issue alone. He will have to be carried off the stand after JD is done with him.

• Ooooh! I live in Europe - I really really would like to buy an e-Cat (I know a business park that could use the heat) or a bucket of QuarkXs for domestic use. (Working, of course)

And there are still guys (other ones than IH) who bought e-cat distribution licenses - and this guys would be more than happy to sell some e-cats - that's why they invested their money in distribution licenses.

The only problem is that Rossi never delivers one.

One guy who has invested in e-cat distribution licenses posted recently about this misery on Abd's site (let's assume this guy is genuine):

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…onp-june-27/#comment-4818

• Kevmo,

Not sure I am following your logic regarding the alleged offer. When it was first reported in the Mats Lewan article from last May 16 2016 I posted above, Dewey responded by posting that he had just talked with Darden, and Darden told him it was untrue. Of course, Dewey said it more colorfully. :) After going on the record denying the offer, it would not be too cool to say otherwise this late in the game. Anyways I just can not see why this is a big deal to you.

And I really disagree with your comment "his supposed HE is not a pivotal issue". Could not be further from the truth. Of all, I see it as the most pivotal of all. They have Rossi every which way but Sunday on that one issue alone. He will have to be carried off the stand after JD is done with him.

Dewey went on record saying IH denied the offer? That's different from what he says here that there was no offer. You can't see that this issue is a big deal because it would make the whole case disappear if such an offer were legitimate and accepted by IH?

I did not say the HE is not a pivotal issue, I said whether or not Rossi used illegal aliens to "supposedly" install it would not be a pivotal issue.

• I doubt that the claimed nebulous offer will not be entered in trial.

This could be a typo where you end up saying the exact opposite of what you intended.

Again, they went through a court ordered mediation in January.

And again, we went through this upthread where it was shown that the mediation was doomed to fail before it ever began.

• It was posted upthread why the mediation failed. It was an afterthought by both parties who had already dived headlong into a lawsuit and mediation was doomed to fail.

Put yourself in IH's shoes. Would you have accepted the offer posted on JONP if it had been made during mediation? If not, why not? If so, wouldn't it be in IH's best interest to get that supposed offer onto the docket?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that at the time mediation was ordered, neither side had any intention of negotiating in good faith. Negotiation depends on a common middle ground that is acceptable to both parties. I would posit that neither side at this time is willing to accept anything less than complete vindication.

• Kevmo - I don't know where you get this stuff from or why the moderators continue to allow you to spin the lie but it sure is getting tiresome. My guess is that you're trying to get your signature comment on every page for some particular reason or other. For this pages sake, there was no buyout offer

from Rossi to IH and thusly, no offer to turn down by IH.

• Kevmo - I don't know where you get this stuff from or why the moderators continue to allow you to spin the lie but it sure is getting tiresome. My guess is that you're trying to get your signature comment on every page for some particular reason or other. For this pages sake, there was no buyout offer

from Rossi to IH and thusly, no offer to turn down by IH.

Dude. It was shown upthread that Rossi posted that he made the offer on his blog. I don't know why the moderators continue to allow you to call that simple fact a lie.

• Dewey Weaver, LENR Forum doesn't know anything beyond what is reported by you and others, here and elsewhere. While I don't doubt that you have inside knowledge on this specific detail, we can't step into a factual dispute simply on the basis of what you report. You'll need to repeat your rebuttal on every page that @[email protected] sees fit to repeat the original claim.

My claim is that Rlossi posted on his blog that he made the offer. That is a verified fact. But Dewey seems to be unable to process it as a fact.

• surely you know by now that the claim of an offer is not important at this time.

Saying in over and over that it is the key pivotal item is useless.

Let's say you're IH's lawyer and you get this supposed offer admitted as evidence. Wouldn't you want to ask the judge to consider the offer and watch Rossi squirm as he withdraws it with some excuse? Surely you know by now that such a thing is not useless.

• Official Post

Kevmo,

Maybe I have it wrong, but the first we read of a buyback offer, was not on the JONP, but from the Mats Lewan's article I posted upthread. That came out May 16 2016 on his "ANIMPOSSIBLEINVENTION" website. If you read that article, Rossi was about to start a production facility in Sweden with the help of Sifferkoll...er, I mean Hydrofusion. That never happened, and in fact Rossi admitted in a depo that there are no factories -none planned, no customers, never has been, and none in waiting. There are other falsehoods in that Lewan article that only came to light as the story unfolded. In that context, can we believe the one part about an offer?

I do believe Rossi may have commented about that article, and offer, later on in response to a question on his JONP/blog. Not sure about that though. The JONP is hard to search too far back. Anyways...hope that background helps you a bit. Still scratching my head though. Having a drink...maybe that will help. :)

• From the report, " MFMP obtained a (false) reading of 1524°C versus a 874°C thermocouple reading".

It is mind boggling that scientists could be off by more than 500degreesC in a measurement of heat. And the odd thing is that this "reality distortion field" seems to apply to when Rossi is involved. No one thought to bring a simple thermometer?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.