Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• I would be interested in knowing the status of the IP. Do the IP rights return to Rossi? Does IH get a cut of future earnings derived from the IP? It seems to me that this would not be confidential only the details.

I think Rossi will use this as an excuse to totally drop the E-cat and push only the Quark-x from now on.

• Official Post

I think Rossi will use this as an excuse to totally drop the E-cat and push only the Quark-x from now on.

I don't know if IH will have let Rossi freedom to ridicule the domain few minutes more.

It would be a painful deception. if he is not neutralized definitively.

•  

I would be interested in knowing the status of the IP. Do the IP rights return to Rossi? Does IH get a cut of future earnings derived from the IP? It seems to me that this would not be confidential only the details.

Generally speaking, none of the details about a settlement become part of the public record. I've actually got a settlement filing open on another tab right now (related a writing project I'm working on). I'll quote it here; we'll see something similar filed in the near future in this case:

Plaintiffs Paramount Pictures Corporation and CBS Studios Inc. and defendants Axanar Productions Inc. and Alec Peters, by and through their counsel, stipulate to the dismissal of this entire action with prejudice as to all parties pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1). It is further stipulated that all parties will bear their own attorneys' fees and costs.

IT IS SO STIPULATED

The settlement in that case actually involved things we know about - like Paramount issuing new fan film guidelines - but that's all entirely discretionary. If the parties want to make details public, they can. If they don't - and I suspect they don't - they won't.

• New minute entry (doc. 332) added to pacer.gov:

• PAPERLESS Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga: Jury Trial completed on 7/5/2017. Case settled. Total time in court: 48 minutes. Attorney Appearance(s): Francisco J Leon de la Barra, Rodolfo Nunez, Christopher Rebel Jude Pace, Erika Stephanie Handelson, Bernard P. Bell, Christopher Martin Lomax, John William Annesser, II, Brian W. Chaiken, John Charles Lukacs, Court Reporter: Stephanie McCarn, 305-523-5518 / [email protected]. (cmz) (Entered: 07/05/2017)
    • Official Post

Looks like David French had this right from the beginning. He said 80% of these things settle before court. They cut this one a little closer by settling inside the court though! I would assume the private agreement frees Rossi to proceed either independently, or still contractually connected in some way with IH. We will probably never know the exact settlement details (hope they did not pay Rossi off), but there should be indications later on in the patent arena, that may indicate whether IH kept the IP, or not. Same goes for the North American Ecat Licence.

At the least, I think the remaining loyalists have been handed a win here. There is enough (barely IMO) smoke in the documents for them to continue on believing Rossi has what he says. This buys them more time to hope...something Rossi is good at selling.

As for Rossi...I see nothing stopping him now from proving what he has. He has used IH, and the litigation, as an excuse to delay his plans, and now with that obstacle gone, if he has something, we should see it happen very quickly. I am not holding my breath, but will enjoy reading his JONP to see what he does; whether that be his usual BS, or something concrete for once.

• Looks like David French had this right from the beginning. He said 80% of these things settle before court. They cut this one a little closer by settling inside the court though! I would assume the private agreement frees Rossi to proceed either independently, or still contractually connected in some way with IH. We will probably never know the exact settlement details (hope they did not pay Rossi off), but there should be indications later on in the patent arena, that may indicate whether IH kept the IP, or not. Same goes for the North American Ecat Licence.

At the least, I think the remaining loyalists have been handed a win here. There is enough (barely IMO) smoke in the documents for them to continue on believing Rossi has what he says. This buys them more time to hope...something Rossi is good at selling.

As for Rossi...I see nothing stopping him now from proving what he has. He has used IH, and the litigation, as an excuse to delay his plans, and now with that obstacle gone, if he has something, we should see it happen very quickly. I am not holding my breath, but will enjoy reading his JONP to see what he does; whether that be his usual BS, or something concrete for once.

Rossi started it, by suing IH. Now he has done what he should have done a long time ago, and stopped suing them.

Financially, IH must be better this way than if the trial had proceeded. The legal fees would then be much higher and not clear that Rossi could pay them, nor was it clear IH would win everything so completely as to recoup their money.

In terms of the PR war - well Rossi lives to fight another day. Although his ability to attract big investors must now be very limited, if he keeps the $10M from IH he can continue funding research at Unis himself, and continue with his self-aggrandisement. Indefinitely, or at least till he runs out of condos money.

I'm not quite sure how Rossi will spin the volte face but it has never been a problem for him and Acland to spin things in the past, so watch this space!

THH

• I think Rossi will use this as an excuse to totally drop the E-cat and push only the Quark-x from now on.

That would imply IH still has rights. But IH's position has been that the QuarkX is E-Cat technology or part of it. All in all I believe Rossi will drop everything E-Cat and move on to the QuarkX. It's how he operates and no doubt there are those that will lap it up and/or invest in it. In other words, the name's changed but more of the same.

• What if someone takes a photo of a window replacement a year after the heat exchanger that supposedly vented out that window was dismantled?

Does that indicate that the window was missing for two years, or just that the window was missing on that day? That there was a heat exchanger at all?

I guess not.

Oh, and I'm sure that the landlord had no problem with leaving the windows "out" for a year (unless Rossi was using his as-yet patented "Quick Change Commercial Glazing Apparatus" to randomly open and close permanant glazing), nor would the landlord have any problem, nor notice, 15000 pound heat-exchangers being installed, removed or blasting 1mw out of the windows of their building....laughable that anyone would believe that.

• Generally speaking, none of the details about a settlement become part of the public record. I've actually got a settlement filing open on another tab right now (related a writing project I'm working on). I'll quote it here; we'll see something similar filed in the near future in this case:

The settlement in that case actually involved things we know about - like Paramount issuing new fan film guidelines - but that's all entirely discretionary. If the parties want to make details public, they can. If they don't - and I suspect they don't - they won't.

Yes if IH or Rossi ever go public would they not have to disclose certain things about this agreement? Even if they remain private? Maybe they can handle this In Perpetuam with NDA's. I don't know but I imagine so.

• Shane, I don't see the AR loyalists having much. After all Rossi vacating the suit that could have him winning $89M if he had something says a lot. How many people would walk away from a "sure" $89M if he knew that he was correct and his invention worked as claimed.

I would not doubt however that we will see him again in Europe trying to entice people to give him money for the Quark X but never allow for a fully independent (AR hands off) evaluation by knowledgeable scientists.

Again, think of the likelihood of someone walking away from $89M after already paying lawyers if he knew it worked as claimed. IH's lawyers had it right in their intro- the ecat produced no excess and was filled only with lies.

• Shane, I don't see the AR loyalists having much. After all Rossi vacating the suit that could have him winning $89M if he had something says a lot. How many people would walk away from a "sure" $89M if he knew that he was correct and his invention worked as claimed.

I would not doubt however that we will see him again in Europe trying to entice people to give him money for the Quark X but never allow for a fully independent (AR hands off) evaluation by knowledgeable scientists.

Again, think of the likelihood of someone walking away from $89M after already paying lawyers if he knew it worked as claimed. IH's lawyers had it right in their intro- the ecat produced no excess and was filled only with lies.

I see no problem for the Rossi believers to be convinced that Rossi must have got at least 89 millions in the settlement.

• From Vortex, Jones Beene's thought:

Everyone will have an opinion, but the details are not public. I suspect that some of the details will seep out over time.

My take on the major factor which led to the withdrawal of claims is that Rossi's attorney finally realized that he could not ethically put Rossi on the stand and let Rossi testify to those details which were in the deposition but which were so obviously false - such as the imaginary heat exchanger, the imaginary customer with the imaginary product which used up so much imaginary heat, and the imaginary ERV report.

Subornation of perjury would ruin his career.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.