Italian Contribution to LENR

• This practice is strictly tied to "magnetism", i.e. the art of eating, from Italian "magnare

Ascolian foamology from the Italian blogosphere.

Magnetism is from the Greek magnes lithos which the Latins adopted as magnes

said to be from the lodestones found at Magnesia on the Meander River.

Microscopic examination of lodestones reveal magnetite (Fe3O4) with inclusions of maghemite (cubic Fe2O3), often with impurity metal ions of titanium, aluminium, and manganese. This inhomogeneous crystalline structure gives this variety of magnetite sufficient coercivity to remain magnetized and thus be a permanent magnet
    Whatmagnetizeslodestones? The Earth's magnetic field at 0.5 gauss is too weak to magnetize a lodestone by itself.The leading theory is that lodestones are magnetized by the strong magnetic fields surrounding lightning bolts.This is supported by the observation that they are mostly found near the surface of the Earth, rather than buried at great depth.

http://scienceunderground.org/…magnets-with-lightning-2/

• Celani, if I remember well, has been much more criticized for his electrolytic compression experiment, mainly in a long-lasting debate on a cold-fusion italian blog.

Yes. It started on 2005, when it was announced the possibility of an Italian-Japanese research project on LENR, which would have cost 25 MEuro (1). As you said, that diatribe, which lasted till recently, was mostly on Celani's electrolytic compression experiment.

Do they also make knots on the wires?

(1) https://fusionefredda.wordpres…cci-ermete/#comment-51054

• I would remind you that Francesco CELANI is a forum member, and may be minded to put you right. Or maybe not, since he might regard it as a waste of pixels.

Alan Smith

Talking to me?

Yes, I know that Celani is sometimes around here (no need to remind me of that), and of course he is entitled and welcome to give his opinion why SKINR didn’t observe excess heat from his wires.

Why would this be a waste of pixels?

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Ascoli Than are dreamt of in your philosophy     foamology.

The anomalous heat observed by Celani may well be an anomalous gamma state decay effect induced by stress on isotopes such as Fe-57

.. however this is speculation..

which of course requires patient and methodical research to test out rather than Ascolian buffoonery.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/05/Metzler-Florian-1.pdf

• Why would this be a waste of pixels?

celani at al ..

Importance of knots as non-equilibrium areas to enhance Anomalous Heat Effects (AHE) in Constantan wires exposed to Deuterium or Hydrogen atmosphere

This is my armchair view,, very easy to say.. not so easy to test experimentally

.......Perhaps the knots have to be freshly prepared...within a day or so..otherwise the nonequlibrium is lost

perhaps Mathieu and SKINR lost the tightness in their knots due to creep of dislocations??

Replications can fail for may reasons unless the exact conditions of the original experiment are followed

How many variables are there involved in the original experiment???

• Do they also make knots on the wires?

No, as far as I know, but seems that the active material used is similar, i.e. nanostructured NiCu alloys.

Celani is the first cited author in a quite recent NEDO project paper.

Japan seems quite seriously commited in following LENR research according to NIKKEI journal and the DoD report.

The article cited as first reference in the Japanese paper, was published on 2014 in Vol.13 of JCNMS (1), that is the proceedings of the ICCF7 held in Seoul in late August 2012 (2), where Celani reported the results of the tests performed in June-July 2012 by heating constant wires in a glass tube. His presentation (2) included many more graphs of the parameters recorded during those tests.

The same results were first presented in early August at the NIWeek 2012 in Austin, TX (3) and a video (4) shows Celani illustrating some of the graphs included in (1). In particular (at t=3:59), Celani describes a graph with a black curve, which, by his words, shows the "begin of power increase" and the "power oscillation". This graph corresponds to Fig.3 of article (1) (a larger image can be seen on slide 31 of presentation (2)) and the black curve, which progressively increases up to 10 W, is labeled as the excess heat calculated during the test.

Well, IMO there is no reasons to believe that that curve represents a real excess heat and that the wide oscillations, the instabilities mentioned on slide 32, have anything to do with nuclear phenomena. On the contrary, it's easy to shows how the rising trend of the black curve and the wide oscillations derives from some mundane artifacts.

These curves have been shown many times in the following years to demonstrate the capability of the constantan wire to generate excess heat. The fact that the Japanese cite these wrong results at the first place of their paper only means that they are once again engaged in a reproducing an inexistent phenomenon, as they already did in the 90' when they unsuccessfully tried to vaporize the water in their electrolytic cells at the same wrong rate that was reported by F&P in their ICCF3 paper, rate which was instead relative to the lowering of foam level.

(1) http://coldfusioncommunity.net…018/07/56_JCMNS-Vol13.pdf

(2) http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CelaniFcunimnalloa.pdf

(3) http://news.newenergytimes.net…rom-national-instruments/

(4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5rcEvsek0

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Ascoli Than are dreamt of in your philosophy foamology.

… and listen, oh my friend, those things which cannot even been imagined will be one day claimed by a congregation called the Cold Fusionists!

The anomalous heat observed by Celani may well be an anomalous gamma state decay effect induced by stress on isotopes such as Fe-57

however this is speculation..

I agree. Nothing than that.

which of course requires patient and methodical research to test out rather than Ascolian buffoonery.

Hey, don't be so harsh! You are my LENR Bard, a never ending source of inspiration.

As, for instance, this bizarre idea:

This is my armchair view,, very easy to say.. not so easy to test experimentally

.......Perhaps the knots have to be freshly prepared...within a day or so..otherwise the nonequlibrium is lost

perhaps Mathieu and SKINR lost the tightness in their knots due to creep of dislocations??

Replications can fail for may reasons unless the exact conditions of the original experiment are followed

How many variables are there involved in the original experiment???

Knot freshness, a new variable that no one had ever thought of before, not even at INFN.

So, beyond the type and number of knots, you propose to take into consideration also their expiration date!

Are you serious?

• Celani presentation at 2019 Colloquium

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I have been studying the paper “Deformed space-time transformations in Mercury” (Cardone et al 2017) which is a follow up to the paper “Nuclear Metamorphosis In Mercury” (Cardone et al, 2015) with much more analytical data on the new elements and isotopes found after ultrasound treatment of a mole of mercury.

Irregardless of the criticism of the focus of this experiments as proof of the author’s theory of Deformed Time Space, I think these results are of extreme importance to the validation of LENR as a field and have been completely overlooked and ignored.

We are being shown proof that nuclear transmutations of dramatic nature can be obtained at room temperature and by simple physical means. We are being shown a nearly instantaneous change of phase from liquid to solid without chemical reaction. We are being shown completely unambiguous appearance of new elements and isotopes in the grains of the solid material formed from the ultrasound treated mercury.

IMHO we should all be very interested in this paper as is rock solid proof that profound and dramatic nuclear phenomena can happen completely outside of the conditions expected and predicted by current mainstream accepted theories!!!!!

• Official Post

The slides of Pr Celani presentation (from MFMP)

https://drive.google.com/file/…hOKRk-VC4vX0Smwpphfr/view

and the video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• DST transmutations in Hg has to be a winner, fragmentation of one proton yields Au, two Pt or three Ir all worth significantly more than the starting Hg! If it can be done with ultrasound imagine the transmutations using high power lasers, proton/neutron beams, or why not try the Randall Mills approach of high current electrical discharges through H* using Hg instead of Ag? Maybe keep his investors happy?

• Official Post

DST transmutations in Hg has to be a winner, fragmentation of one proton yields Au, two Pt or three Ir all worth significantly more than the starting Hg! If it can be done with ultrasound imagine the transmutations using high power lasers, proton/neutron beams, or why not try the Randall Mills approach of high current electrical discharges through H* using Hg instead of Ag? Maybe keep his investors happy?

I have been studying these papers. The last one of the series was published in the JCMNS in 2018, it includes the data of several other elements found, six of them belonging to the “rare earths” group. So indeed from an industrial point of view the application is direct.

However is not cavitation per se, these experiments are a part of a long line of research and they use ultrasound as a way to impart energy to the materials, but they have found that there’s the need to achieve certain thresholds to direct the process. I recommend reading the papers. I was recently sent another paper that delves more in the theoretical aspects and the reasons that make the researchers think that these experiments are proof of the validity of the Deformed Space Time Approach.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.