POWER UP NOW MR ROSSI! - (Or what I learned in 2016 about making a working E-Cat.)

• POWERUP NOW MR ROSSI!

POWERUP NOW MR ROSSI!

P O W E R U P N O W M R R O S S I !

P - Prepare nickel by removing oxides. (Ultrasound or acid etching will peel off the coating that hinders absorption of hydrogen exposing roughened surface.)

O - Only degassed and vacuumed nickel will be optimal. (Trapped gases must go. Under high vacuum heat nickel in stages for many hours or days.)

W - With one of many techniques pre-hydrogenate the nickel to create intergranular hydrogen bubbles and fill voids. (High pressure, spillover catalysts such as palladium and copper, etc.)

E - Employ Alfa Aesar LiAlH4 97% (The best brand to use due to small particle size, hydrogen content, and purity.)

R - Resolve to heat slowly through 225C at less than 1C per min. (This prevents the LiAlH4 from melting and allows for maximum time during critical temperature range.)

U - Use Thermal Shock Technique. (Go up from 225C to 725C, cut power and drop to 300C, then increase temperature rapidly. Cycle to higher temps repeatedly if needed.)

P - Provide second hydrogen source other than LiAlH4. (If LiAlH4 doesn't seem to work alone, add supplemental hydrogen from a tank or other source.)

N - Need high voltage (300 or 400 volt) three phase AC square wave resonance frequency to boost stimulation. (Short spikes of voltage/current at resonant frequency can drive reaction.)

O - Open texts that explain how solenoids naturally have some degree of capacitance and inductance. (Learn how to tune in the frequency to match the particular reactor.)

W - Without exotic stimulation excess heat can still appear. (Do not think it is a requirement, but if you have the equipment it can optimize control and output.)

M - Maximize IR reflectivity back onto the reactor core by utilizing thick metal outer casing. (There was a reason for the early hot cats having thick walls.)

R - Reduce thermal loses and required input power by considering insulation around the encased reactor. (Refractory brick or foamed cement works well.)

R - Resistors should be appropriate to the temperature range, allow for thermal cycling, and be protected from oxidation. (Otherwise expect failures.)

O - Oxygen is your enemy. (In pre-processing keep the cleaned nickel away from atmosphere and in a hydrogen environment.)

S - Safety comes first not matter what. (One breath of LiAlH4 can kill, nickel can be toxic, electricity can zap you, heat can start fires.)

S - Shield yourself from the reactor. (A sheet or barrier between yourself and the reactor is a good idea. Eye protection is a must.)

I - Improve your results. (Don't do one off tests. Test dozens or hundreds of times changing variables one at a time. For example, run a test with just nickel and a length of lithium wire if you have a hydrogen tank. Or add a small percentage of LiH which should break down at around 700C to produce a secondary increase in hydrogen pressure and provide more Li. Of course the simplest thing to try is to vary your ratios of nickel, LiAlH4, LiH, Li, etc. Most importantly, prepare your nickel fully before trying anything if you have the equipment. Removing the oxides, vacuuming, and pre-hydrogenating are all important.)

---

All of the above really can be summarized into a few short statements.

Pre-process your nickel well to get it ready for accepting hydrogen.
    Get hydrogen into your nickel.
    Stimulate the hydrogen that is in your nickel.
    For goodness sakes, stay safe while you are experimenting.

The difficulty in replicating and producing massive excess heat is an illusion. Only the three above tasks must be achieved. By following the guidelines setup by, "POWER UP NOW MR ROSSI!" I'm convinced you can produce hundreds to thousands of watts per gram of fuel charge and most importantly achieve self sustained operation.

---

Question and Answer

Q: Where did you get the information in this phonetic from?

A: Several different individuals who claim the production of excess heat, hundreds of hours of reading papers relating to these topics (both LENR and non-LENR papers), and putting a large number of clues together.

Q: Can you guarantee that by following these instructions I'll be able to produce excess heat?

A: Of course not. However, by following them (especially the prep of the nickel and using the best LiAlH4) I expect you will have a much higher chance at success.

Q: What do you mean by the difficulty of producing excess heat being an illusion? These systems are hard to make work!

A: Most replicators fail to go to great lengths to pre-process their fuel so it is optimized for the absorption of hydrogen. The removal of oxides, degassing of carbon monoxide and other gases trapped in the lattice, and pre-hydrogenation can be extensive processes that take days. Furthermore, with the usual sub-optimal fuel most replicators perform few tests and change few variables. They don't change fuel ratios, heating rates, hydrogen pressures, or fuel preparation methods. Also, very few replicators use high quality Alfa Aesar brand LiAlH4 which seems to be far better than other brands. This is not their fault in most cases. Most replicators have limited time, money, or equipment/chemicals/supplies. But when a replicator gains enough experience after performing the steps in this phonetic, they realize producing excess heat with nickel and hydrogen (or even other metals) is not as mysterious as they previously thought.

Q: Some replicators seem to have had success without performing these steps. Is there a shortcut that can make it simpler?

A: Unless you thoroughly prepare your fuel, I think the outcomes of your test will often be highly variable. Although you may have random success on certain runs, the likelyhood of producing a similar quantity of excess heat on every test is small. In addition, the degree of processing on each brand/type/size of nickel powder required for producing significant excess heat will be different. Some powders may be heavily oxidized, for example, and require extensive ultrasonic irradiation, acid etching, or reduction with hydrogen. Other powders may contain impurities which could make the results of pre-hydrogenation far different than with high purity powder/wire.

Q: You mention nothing about particle size. Doesn't surface area matter?

A: I no longer think that utilizing nickel with a particularly high surface area (such as carbonyl nickel created by the Mond process) is critical. Replicators have produced excess heat with multiple brands/types of nickel powder and even nickel wire. I think what's much more important is the extent of the treatment you perform on the nickel to optimize hydrogen absorption.

Q: Have you performed any testing yourself?

A: No.

Q: What else do you think is important?

A: Lots of things could be, potentially. This phonetic gives a good starting point in my opinion. I sincerely and whole heartedly think that the advice in this post provides solid advice that will put a replicator (who is most interested in mixed powder systems like myself) in a good position to see excess heat. I would advise them to adjust many parameters. Additionally, I'd suggest they incorporate methods of varying pressure during triggering. Once the nickel has been fully hydrogenated and the fast heating ramp is about to start, it might be a good idea to make sure the pressure is low.

• Hello Barty,

I wish I was able to perform testing myself. I'd love to have my own lab to perform research. However, I do not have the space (small home) or funds.

• These advices can be intentional disinformation as well. The future is in discharge stimulated QuarkX, not some non-reliable lithium hydride system, which is extremely to impurities in addition.
    Hint: Learn from the successful researchers in the field - not from these unsuccessful ones.

• 1) Saffron blue.
    2) Yellow.
    3) White.

I'm hoping one day to see the color of a "creature of light" floating in a nickel hydrogen reactor. That would probably become a new favorite. I've read these "exotic vacuum objects" or "charged clusters" are pretty awesome.

• Here is another question and answer.

Q: Why do you think most replications fail to produce significant quantities (if any) of excess heat?

A: Lack of hydrogen absorption. That's the number one reason for failure from what I've been able to gather. If you don't have an adequate quantity of hydrogen inside the vacancies, voids, cavities, and bubbles in the nickel particles, all the stimulation in the world won't produce a watt of excess heat. The various nickel prep steps all revolve around preparing the nickel to absorb hydrogen. Simply mixing Ni and LiAlH4 together and hoping for the best will rarely produce positive results. If there's enough hydrogen in appropriate micro or nano structures, then exotic stimulation (such as figuring out the resonant frequency of the coil) is not absolutely required to see excess heat.

• Here is another question and answer.

Q: Why do you think most replications fail to produce significant quantities (if any) of excess heat?

A: Lack of hydrogen absorption. That's the number one reason for failure from what I've been able to gather. If you don't have an adequate quantity of hydrogen inside the vacancies, voids, cavities, and bubbles in the nickel particles, all the stimulation in the world won't produce a watt of excess heat. The various nickel prep steps all revolve around preparing the nickel to absorb hydrogen. Simply mixing Ni and LiAlH4 together and hoping for the best will rarely produce positive results. If there's enough hydrogen in appropriate micro or nano structures, then exotic stimulation (such as figuring out the resonant frequency of the coil) is not absolutely required to see excess heat.

According to Rossi's patent, Rossi produces a preprocess fuel fabrication reaction step that converts the commercially available 5 micron nickel particles into sintered nickel fragments between 1 and 100 microns. You have not included this step in your own LENR fuel fabrication method.

• I'm still convinced these guidelines represent a good starting point for Rossi Effect replicators. It would be absolutely wonderful if someone like Me356 would come back for a measly ten minutes to write a post and give their feedback.

• Official Post

Rossi produces a preprocess fuel fabrication reaction step that converts the commercially available 5 micron nickel particles into sintered nickel fragments between 1 and 100 microns.

Right in theory, Axil, but wrong in fact. This fragmentation/agglutination seems to be what happens when you sonicate the nickel, so there is no 'Abracadabra' magic additional process involved. Probably this happens because when the oxides are knocked off the powder, the bare metal surfaces will cold-weld together.

ETA - these photographs are of W/Cu powder matrices, but you can see here how agglutination has led to a wide range of particle sizes, the cleavage planes / joint lines being very visible.

• I believe it is likely that some traces of ash of used fuel can be used for a simple triggering a LENR reaction of newly prepared fuel. Once triggered the reactor can be switched on (and off) within seconds using an electrostatic field. That excludes the need for heating it up first. Ash may still contain material with the right conditions to trigger LENR and an ongoing LENR reaction may also bring neighbouring material in the right condition. This condition will fade over time.

It would be absolutely wonderful if someone like Me356 would come back for a measly ten minutes to write a post and give their feedback.

At the moment, when no one of replicators did ever start to use corona in his experiments, it has no meaning to take advices from me356.

• Dear Mr. SElfSustain,

Excellent opus I like it. However;
    a) all replicators get on;y additive heat excess, not multiplicative as Andrea Rossi, (no s.s.m.)

b) in tis stage it is much more important to define
    what we do NOT know (how, why we do not know it?_);

c) Such a Research Project cannot be managed professionally without a working hypothesis

d) what is necessary- more actionable parameters (I will explin)

I have only your old pesn email address - if you want cpllaborate with me - EGO OUT, EDITNMH. NiH EXIT please write me to
    [email protected]

best wishes,
    Peter

• zephir,

At the moment, when no one of replicators did ever start to use corona in his experiments, it has no meaning to take advices from me356.

That is flat out wrong. Me356 made many posts with advice specifically about powder based systems. Actually, he gave out a lot of advice and shared a LOT of this thoughts. He alleged to be able to achieve a COP of between 2 and 3 with just nickel WIRE and hydrogen gas -- with no lithium! He mentioned that the reactor body should be cleaned of oxides, how he used various methods of cleaning the wire of oxides, that replicators really needed to get vacuum pumps, how a second source of hydrogen in addition to LiAlH4 would be valuable, and many others. Yes, he did eventually comment and even show pictures of his corona based systems. But that was after he worked on wire and powder based systems like I'm talking about and became totally convinced of their ability to produce excess heat!

Basically, you're comment is outrageously incorrect. I would go so far as to say it was a lie, but I think you are truly interested in LENR and are letting your enthusiasm for corona and other extremely exotic systems get the best of you.

• I believe it is likely that some traces of ash of used fuel can be used for a simple triggering a LENR reaction of newly prepared fuel. Once triggered the reactor can be switched on (and off) within seconds using an electrostatic field. That excludes the…

I think one reason the ash might be recycled is that over time it will accumulate more active reaction sites. For example, let's say he runs a reactor for a week fueled by Ni-LiAlH4. He can then cut it off, remove the fuel, try to filter out the nickel, perform various processes upon it, and place it back in another active reactor with fresh LiAlH4. Since some of the active reaction sites still exist -- some of which still probably have trapped hydrogen -- it could produce even higher levels of excess heat. Or, it could produce the same level of excess heat with a lower level of stimulation. There is probably a limit to how many times this can be performed until you reach a point of diminishing returns, however.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.