May 2017 be for LENR what 2016 wasn't

• When it comes to LENR, 2016 really sucked. Yes, it's true. The lawsuit between Industrial Heat and Andrea Rossi polluted the whole community with toxicity and hostility from both sides, the number of public and openly disclosed replications of what some people refer to as LENR+ declined, and the noise level from feuding parties rose to sickening heights. The events of this past year were the opposite of what I'd hoped for. Although there were a few brighter spots and some progress (a little in the open but most behind closed doors), the world still does not accept the Rossi Effect and LENR as a whole as an absolute rock solid reality.

But I expect everything will change in 2017. I know that there are more parties gearing up for public replications, some of these teams have been provided with more "know how" than ever before, their labs funded on a shoe string budget are actually acquiring more equipment, and there is a strong willingness to push forward. I'm convinced that many individuals in the community are now realizing how and why these systems work, at least on a general level: make tiny spaces in the lattice, fill tiny spaces in the lattice with hydrogen, stimulate the exotic hydrogen species in these tiny spaces in the lattice. Of course, there are many ways to go about these steps, but we're in a far better position than in January of 2016!

In 2017, I expect the Nickel-Hydrogen and Nickel-Hydrogen-Lithium LENR systems will be replicated repeatedly, and at some point a group will provide a set of guidelines that will allow it to be replicated with a high success rate by anyone around the globe. I'm not talking about systems with lower power densities (a few watts per gram) or low COPs (1.2), but high power densities (1000 watts per gram or higher) and high COPs (including self sustaining reactions). Once some basic techniques are mastered, anyone on the planet will be able to show reactors glowing at 1000C or higher for hours with minimal input. These systems will prove that the Rossi Effect and LENR in general is an absolute reality.

Of course there is no telling what will happen with the Doral case, but I expect once replications start commencing it will become far less important to most people in the community. After the guidelines for a successful Ni-H-Li replication are published, there will be hundreds of people posting videos on YouTube. We'll go from a handful of "players" to potentially thousands of "players" over night. IH and Andrea Rossi will both go from being major names to just individuals in the crowd.

LENR will start being utilized in thousands of products faster than we can imagine. The power grid will fade away, traditional renewable energy technologies like solar will die a quick death, fossil fuels will become almost instantly obsolete, and humanity will start colonizing the solar system.

• Each new year same words blah, blah but never facts.

This post has been greened because it contains no useful content and is crafted to annoy rather than inform. Please practice a little more seasonal goodwill. Alan.

ETA -there is always some good news, but now and then you have to go find it yourself.

there is always some good news

After a lot of years of blah, blah I asked to submit to mainstream scientific community verifiable evidences, not still wishful thinking.
    Which are? Where are?
    I see only a shop that sell stuff on web.

• Henry. There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see. And thank you for the link.

My eyes are well open, but nothing to see, only trade of stuff and usual blah blah like:

Because LENR / Cold Fusion is a poorly understood field of technology, Looking For Heat is not in a position to guarantee positive results.

• Chat or gossip (in a blog or in a forum) are not Science, the Science (the real one) is whole another thing.
    It sees how the truth hurts.

• Thanks Mr. Selfsustain. Some posititive sound is good. Interestingly, it seems to contract the the wittless ones who only like to spread the negative word. Maybe they self sustain each other by doing this? :D

I hope Rossi will prove that it works this year. If not, others will come like Holmlid, Brillouin, Mills (BLP) or even Santili or Dubinko or even ME356.
    This and other LENR sites can only exist when positive news is provided and even last year there were some positive results reported, but unfortunately less than many of us had hoped for in the beginning of 2016.
    As you say, there are (again) many signs that 2017 will be the year of LENR, so let us go for it!
    All the best for all of you!

• Jed,

The replicator community doesn't have a guaranteed, proven to work 95% of the time "recipe" for a high powered nickel-hydrogen reactor.

However, I'm convinced that we are understanding more and more of what is required to clean the nickel, degas the nickel, force hydrogen into the nickel into specific spots where clusters of hydrogen atoms can accumulate, and then stimulate that hydrogen so that nuclear reactions can take place. Rossi figured out what was required long ago, and I think the replicator community is catching up with him very quickly. We'll duplicate his likely fuel preparation steps and stimulation methods for the powder based "hot cat" before the end of 2017. There will be a lot of tedious testing involved and this won't happen overnight. Even after one of the active replicator groups produces self sustain for hours (like Songsheng), there will need to be extensive testing to reproduce the effect repeatedly, find out which parameters were most critical for it taking place, and try to find the minimum fuel prep that allows for it to take place.

Likely, the intensity, times, temperatures, and extent of fuel prep will be different for each brand/type of nickel powder. Each brand/type will likely have a different level of contaminants that will have a significant impact on what is required to make it into an ideal LENR fuel. But we'll work this out, and hopefully a specific type of nickel will emerge that is a good "starting point" for replicators.

Although I expect much of the work will be posted online as it goes along, eventually a repeatedly tested (by multiple parties) and proven recipe will be published. Then anyone around the world will be able to produce simple reactors in many different configurations that produce a kilowatt or more of heat per gram of fuel at high temperatures and in self sustaining operation.

That's my goal for 2017.

After re-reading George Miley's patents that Industrial Heat acquired, I recognize that our methods will most likely seem primitive and "stone age." The Rossi technology -- except perhaps for the Quark which we know almost nothing about -- produces "dislocations" that can be filled with hydrogen "clusters" in a far more primitive way than Industrial Heat could do if they utilized the techniques described in Miley's patents. But the less sophisticated way that most replicators will probably utilize will still work, and we'll share how to use these techniques with the world. Maybe our technique will be like churning butter in a barrel for a few hours, one small batch at a time. But the result will still taste great on biscuits, toast, and muffins, even if it won't be comparable with Industrial Heat's mass produced whipped margarine spread they may eventually offer at every shopping center -- after, possibly, exhaustive safety testing in China for a decade.

But regardless what Rossi does, regardless what Industrial Heat does: the world will have a way of producing 1000 watt per gram, creamy, tasty, butter!

• The replicator community doesn't have a guaranteed, proven to work 95% of the time "recipe" for a high powered nickel-hydrogen reactor.

None of the recipes or patents work, as far as I know. I have heard from the MFMP and others who have tried to replicate. They say nothing works. I am sorry to report this, but facts are facts.

However, I'm convinced that we are understanding more and more of what is required to clean the nickel, degas the nickel,

You are convinced based on what? What experimental evidence can you point to? Messages posted here by anonymous people such as ME-whoever-it-is don't count.

If you put any stock at all in Rossi's claims then either you do not understand Exhibit 5, or you think it is a lie. I know for a fact that it is an accurate description of Rossi's data. I have heard from other people he gave that same data to. I am surprised he did not realize how bad it makes him look. On the other hand, perhaps he understands his supporters. Some of them look at Exhibit 5, agree that it is real, but still believe him. I find that mind-boggling.

• Henry: this is a warning. Please adopt a more constructive attitude. This place is our forum, and you're a guest here.

Your forum? Are you the owner?

I am a lot constructive about the truth.

• Jed,

None of the recipes or patents work as all, as far as I know. I have heard from the MFMP and others who have tried to replicate. They say nothing works. I am sorry to report this, but facts are facts.

These are not facts. This is the new theme being pushed by the most vocal of Industrial Heat's supporters. Nickel-hydrogen reactions do indeed work, but they are tricky -- primarily because hydrogenation and creation of the internal reaction sites is not an easy process.

And, just to prove to everyone here that I'm not afraid to speak critically of *any* party, I'm more than willing to openly say that if anyone from the MFMP has told you that Ni-H doesn't work, that individual needs to shut his or her mouth or get back into the lab. The MFMP has some very smart people who are very technical. Bob Greenyer is also to be commended for his dedication, commitment to open source, and push for live science. However, the MFMP has done very, very little testing. A one off test perhaps once every other month will contribute little to figuring out the "recipe" I talk about. I've suggested to the MFMP before that they need to focus on more tests, in rapid sequence, changing individual parameters. But, like most replication teams, even more so than money, they lack the manpower and labor to do so.

Me356 is an example of someone who I'm convinced figured out how to produce massive excess heat via continual, ongoing testing. I've been told he would work each day at his business, go home, and immediately prepare to perform tests. So literally, every day was a new test. Like Rossi, he ran these tests -- changing parameters and gaining experience - obsessive compulsively. It was from these countless tests (he is probably in the top one percent for number of tests ran) he gained the experience and knowledge of what's important to produce excess heat -- with the materials and metals and powders he was using.

I am hopeful that in 2017 we will see more testing take place. Already there are teams ramping up to do longer series of tests instead of one offs like the MFMP and several others.

--

And, finally, exhibit five doesn't prove anything whatsoever about the Rossi technology as a whole. Doral doesn't prove anything one way or the other about the Rossi technology as whole. If Rossi is thrown in prison for fraud -- which I don't think will be probable to happen because you know my opinions on the matter -- that still doesn't prove anything about the technology as a whole.

You tout that exhibit like a Pentecostal preacher thumps a Bible on the pulpit. Well, I like that kind of hell fire and brimstone. But the problem is that you're thumping the wrong book -- a twisted watchtower version. There is a ton of evidence that the Rossi Effect works: the tests of Focardi-Piantelli before him, his own tests, the tests of replicators. You disagree. That's fine. But as far as I'm concerned, that exhibit doesn't suggest ANYTHING outside of what happened in that specific facility during that period of time. And, even then, it doesn't mean that no excess heat was produced or that *certain* individuals reactors were not producing high levels of excess heat even if the total output was exaggerated.

• These are not facts. This is the new theme being pushed by the most vocal of Industrial Heat's supporters.

No, this has nothing to do with I.H. This is what I have heard from researchers such as the MFMP, including researchers who have no connection with I.H. I am in contact with many people because I collect papers, I attend ICCF conferences, and I copy edit the JCMNS.

Have you heard any different? Do you know of any successful replications? At the ICCF conference I talked to several groups who spent months replicating, and came up with nothing. These people are far more skillful than Parkhamov and the other researchers who made the claims in the first place.

Please do not presume to tell me what my sources are, and do not tell me that I am in thrall of I.H. I have little to do with them. My information from Rossi comes from him, and has been confirmed by sources outside of I.H. including people who do not like I.H., and who support Rossi, such as Lewan. They quoted the same numbers Rossi gave me, only instead of seeing that these numbers show he is a fraud, they think the numbers show that his claims are real. It is beyond me how they can believe that his warehouse is a vacuum or that his pumps produce exactly the same flow when half of them are turned off (as the log book shows) or when all of them are turned off. But they do believe it.

I assure you, all of the problems described in Exhibit 5 are real. I saw these same problems, and other saw them in data which I am certain came from Rossi, since he also gave it to his supporters who later contacted me. If you read Exhibit 5 and say to yourself "these are not problems" then you are a lost cause. If, like Peter Gluck, you say to yourself "these are lies" and "no pipe can be half full of water" then you are sadly mistaken and deluded by wishful thinking.

But as far as I'm concerned, that exhibit doesn't suggest ANYTHING outside of what happened in that specific facility during that period of time.

It was the same for the entire year. The problems in Exhibit 5 apply to the entire data set. Again, I heard that from Rossi (indirectly) and he told that to his supporters, directly.

It is possible earlier tests worked, but this one did not. Therefore, I.H. does not owe him $89 million. He has not transferred any technology to them. Perhaps he managed to make something work in the past, but at present he cannot make any machine produce any excess heat. Not one watt. I have seen the data and you have not, so you have no business disputing that, or telling me I am wrong. If you don't believe it, ask Rossi for data.

• New Year for clean new energy will surprise you. Decades of old fossil 'gaslighting' goes dark in a brilliant 'cold fusion' flash as reported on CNN! http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…eginning-energy-breakout/

My note of caution and a constraint on “Irrational exuberance” regarding this post.

Perfection can only be realized in heaven, there is always a fly in the ointment. IMHO, LENR produces muons. A few muons does not hurt anything. A few muons is like a flight across the country in a high flying jet, One cross country air trip is not impactful, nothing to think about, but if you spend much of your time in the clouds, you might get yourself into trouble.

When LENR really gets going full blast and gigawatts are generated in cars, trains, planes, boats, houses, everywhere in everything, the muon loading will get into the terawatt levels. Muons flowing down the streets will be so thick, you can cut them with a knife. And muons are a bitch to shield against.

LENR might need to be confined inside a leakproof magnetic bottle inside huge ITER like reactors to protect the environment from ubiquitous muons. Like CO2, muons will need to be sequestered. Moderation in all things except energy production. If moderation is not in the plans, then shielding is a must.

• Dosn't Mitchell Schwartz, Jet Energy have a have a working Nickel system or is his work not creditable?

I cannot judge Swartz's claims. I think the power is too low to be measured with his method of calorimetry, but I could be wrong about that.

Piantelli and many other Ni-H claims are "credible." The problem is, as I said before, there are no recipes or patents that work. None of the claims can be replicated. Careful, expensive, time-consuming projects to replicate have been done by experts, but they have all failed. An experiment that has not been independently replicated cannot be considered valid. Not yet, anyway.

This is quite different from Pd-D experiments, which were replicated within a few months in 1989, and which were subsequently replicated many times in over 180 laboratories, as listed in Storms' first book.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.