Just for fun: Let's bet, what we can expect from Rossi in February... anyone interested ?

• Zephir_AWT ,

The $10 million was paid. You can find this in the court documents. There does not seem to be any disagreement about this.

On the other hand, the $1000 a day, (or sometimes $750 a day) was requested by JMP (in Rossi's syntax) for IH to invoice the 'requisite' monthly usage rate, but there is no evidence that it was billed by IH and in turn paid by JMP. IH seems to have denied being paid, depending on how one reads IH's denial that they made significant profit from the Plant in Doral.

• Interesting because Mats Lewin has stated yesterday on e-catworld.

“Brillouin representatives told me last year that they have no formal or informal contacts with IH, although Darden apparently made a small investment in Brillouin, but before forming IH.”

So we have two stories.

One says IH are smart investors who are supporting Brillouin and other key developers in the LENR field.

The other story says IH are not involved with Brillouin. But in 2012 they did throw some money at Rossi and got Woodford involved. Then they failed to expend any effort to set up the "Guaranteed Performance Test" forcing Rossi to set something up himself. Then, eventually, after four years IH decided Rossi was a fake.

So do we have smart investors who are willing to take a chance on LENR, or do we have a bunch of investors who do not really have a clue what they are doing and backed the wrong horse?

• ZofE - an investment is an investment and I am very grateful that IH made a small early investment into Brillouin. A license is a license. Rossi had the responsibility to set-up the GPT and failed despite the best efforts by IH to set this up in Raleigh.

• ZOE -So do we have smart investors who are willing to take a chance on LENR, or do we have a bunch of investors who do not really have a clue what they are doing and backed the wrong horse?

You do not understand investments. It is a risk reward game with the highest gains often results from risk avoidance. That is most investers cannot take high risks. That means there can be substantial rewards - but only if you are wealthy enough to endure some very high risks.

So many rich people take extreme risks with a small percentage of their assets. A few percent of your investments are thus in very risky ventures with very large rates of returns.

My guess is IH's investors were very wealthy people (like the Jolie/Pitt trust fund group, Woodford, etc) that rationalized that it may be a throw of the dice but knew the profits of a new energy source if real would then be worth trillions.

Perhaps they though LENR was real and this was just one horse that might be worth something and there were few others to bet on since most researchers were not available for investments.

• Official Post

Alain, remember you opened the can of worms when you said that since this started with "Just for Fun" people could get away with such hostilities.

You must be confusing me with another team member... Fun is fun, but you have got to admit it becomes monotonous after a while. Especially when it is so lacking in innovative humor. There is nothing staler than an old joke. Which btw, is not a rebuttal of anything, but I think it makes IH look amateurish.

• Alan Smith "You must be confusing me with another team member... Fun is fun, but you have got to admit it becomes monotonous after a while. Especially when it is so lacking in innovative humor. There is nothing staler than an old joke. Which btw, is not a rebuttal of anything, but I think it makes IH look amateurish."

In this thread-

Alan Smith Jan 9th 2017

+1

@oldguy I agree, but this is a thread whose title begins 'Just for fun....' The language axil describes is indeed 'hostile and intolerant.' But it wasn't axil who got us onto this topic. But let's drop it for now.

• oldguy

I do know something about investments, although I am not a rich investor, just what I can save from my salary.

There are indeed plenty of investors who have no clue and are just desperate to throw their money at something.

Even Steorn was able to get 20 million euros just through talking tosh with no sign of a working device.

But I agree that those who are rich enough, and in the right place at the right time, and able to stand the risk, can get a golden ticket that the rest of us maybe cannot.

I share the hope of a wonderful technological breakthrough, humanity needs LENR.

I share in the sheer entertainment and drama of the Rossi shenanigans.

But an additional personal reason is that some of my money is in Woodford's funds, so I am watching with interest.

• I share the hope of a wonderful technological breakthrough, humanity needs LENR.

I share in the sheer entertainment and drama of the Rossi shenanigans.

Yes I have high hopes for LENR. Not really sure it is ready for the commercial stage yet.

However, I find it interesting that Darden mentioned that IH had some investment in Brillouin and Letts.

Brillouin made a recent announcement but I am not impressed with their measurements.

Letts is very interesting. All those stimulation techniques RF, laser, etc. I think there is something real there.

On the other hand, the $1000 a day, (or sometimes $750 a day) was requested by JMP

The license agreement speaks about $1000 a day clearly - if IH didn't pay it already, I dunno how he could still want some license or even expect to win some court..

Edited once, last by Zephir_AWT: I confused it with beneficiaries from IH in return for heat produced with ECat in Guaranteed Performance Test. My mistake and apology goes here. ().

/* As most of us know, Rossi made a public offer to return all of IH's money as long as IH gave up their rights to Rossi's IP. All IH had to do is take Rossi up on his offer and if Rossi didn't return the money, we'd know Rossi was a fraud. Period. */

Or Rossi just found an even better technology (Quark-X) - so he just wants to keep all E-Cat related licenses for himself. Which interpretation is more correct?

Well, the future will tell us, but I could provide a hint: A.Rossi sued IH IMMEDIATELY after IH delayed its payment. So we can be sure, he just wants his license back. Lugano test demonstrated his technology works, even in the lawsuit, references to COP>50 is by referral of the ERV report. It is not Rossi's claim.

I can't search pdf files very well. Can you be specific as to where it is in the agreement? I haven't found it yet.

The $1000 were beneficiaries from IH in return for heat produced with ECat in Guaranteed Performance Test. It also enables to estimate the amount of heat produced by 1 MW ECat unit.

• Wwhere is it in the agreement? Please be specific since I don't see it and am beginning to doubt it is there.

You say IH was to pay that amount. I just don't see it.

IH never invoiced JMP since they did not believe that the 1MW level of heat was being produced, and that is more like what some think JMP was to pay IH, so it must not be that.

• Here Alan Smith writes

I think it important to note that part of the ‘long test’ agreement was that the customer would pay IH (not Rossi) $1000/day for heat during the period of the test. Supplying 1MW of purely electrical heating around the clock at 12c/Kwh would cost close to $3000/day – a big difference.

It has long been known that the customer was originally using gas boilers, whose running costs (including oversight and depreciation) must have been somewhere between $1000/$1500 per day. They changed over to electrical heating specifically to accommodate the E-cat.

You're right though, we can find this compensation nowhere in the license agreement linked by Sifferkoll.
    Maybe Alan could explain, which long test’ agreement he had on mind in his comment - he was convincingly specific about it..

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.