Stanford Energy Club: Nuclear Community Kickoff: Developments in Lattice Energy Reactions

• Official Post

There is an avent organized in Stanford Energy club about LENr as the kickoff of a new community "Nuclear Energy Community"

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/n…tions-tickets-31046155888
    It is organized by carl page, Frank Ling, Fran Tanzella, and Alan Goldwater

• Official Post

Cold Fusion Now publish a post on that event

http://coldfusionnow.org/stanf…el-dinner-next-wednesday/

By the way, they referers to the club's site

http://energyclub.stanford.edu/#command=show¶meters=id%3D5838%26model%3DEvent

Many various energy questions discussed.

• Jones Beene of Vortex-l attended the event. He's posted this on the mailing list:

• Jones Beene of Vortex-l attended the event.He posted:

"Greenyer mentioned in passing that Holmlid had been asked to provide
    ICF targets for Livermore. Wow. That is a major development if he got it
    right."

That is not correct. What Bob said was that Holmlid was proposing to provide an ICF target. I think CERN is far more likely than LLNL to be interested.Bob will be posting a complete video of the event in the near future.

AlanG

• Official Post

Here it is...

http://www.quantumheat.org/index.php/en/home/mfmp-blog/538-stanford-energy-club-nuclear-energy-community-kickoff-lenr-panelhttps://youtu.be/Cw3Yn1WooQA

or via YouTube direct.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The video is incomplete and appears to have been edited. When Bob Greenyer is answering the question, "If Me356 is a real person" there is a skip ahead. I am very interested in what he had to say. The information about me356 was the most important content of the whole video, and as much information about him needs to be distributed as possible. However, the MFMP and others seem to make a ton of excuses for him, despite his promise for transparency with the MFMP and his REPEATED pledge on this forum to share everything replicators needed to know in, "days."

What made me356 different was that he was willing to put in long hours performing tests every single day. He didn't perform one offs, but instead made small changes and performed hundreds of tests if what I've been told about him is true. According to me356, he was able to get a solid COP of 2 to 3 with just nickel wire and hydrogen and even greater COPs with lithium added. Personally, I don't care at all about his more advanced systems. He can keep them to himself forever. But after all this time, I think he should keep his promise and share in GREAT DETAIL how he was able to achieve success with his *basic" nickel-hydrogen and nickel-hydrogen-lithium systems.

Interestingly, he actually gave a LOT of information and tips on this forum. However, because it was so disorganized and spread across several threads, most people didn't take it too seriously. In short, according to Me356, the most important aspects of a basic Ni-H system was:

- Cleaning the nickel of oxides.

- Vacuuming the nickel to remove trapped gases.

- Having an additional source of hydrogen other than only LiAlH4 (although he said a mixture of only the two could work).

- Having good LiAlH4 (he mentioned Alfa Aesar LiAlH4 seemed to contain 20 times as much hydrogen as what he had previously been using.)

- Controlling internal pressure.

But after all this time, almost no one cares about what he said back then. What we need is for him to re-emerge and share the information with us in a coherent document with a Q and A session afterwards that would be attached to the document.

Again, he can keep all of his most advanced IP to himself. But he promised us the information we would need to replicate and he needs to keep his word.

• Start at 1:17:50

A few seconds later at around 1:17:56-57 the video surges forward.

Without the full and unedited version of this video, the whole thing is a joke.

His information about verifying the reality of Me356 is the most important part of the whole video. If Me356 really has what he claims, then he could turn the whole LENR community upside down.

• This is Mr. Greenyer's (and also yours) theory - not Me356's one. But Bob Greener never succeeded with LENR at Ni-H - so he has no idea, which setup really works. And Me356 also didn't succeed, after all - until he did use the corona discharge. BTW Piantelli did succeed with quite different preparation of nickel.

• This is Mr. Greenyer's (and also yours) theory - not Me356's one. But Bob Greener never succeeded with LENR at Ni-H - so he has no idea, which setup really works. And Me356 also didn't succeed, after all - until he did use the corona discharge. BTW Piantelli did succeed with quite different preparation of nickel.

First of all, me356 specifically claimed to have made reactors with just nickel wire and hydrogen gas -- no corona discharge whatsoever -- with COPs of 2 to 3.

Secondly, me356 specifically claimed to have made reactors using nickel powder and LiAlH4 without any corona discharge whatsoever -- with even higher COPs.

Then later on he built systems that utilized coronal discharge and other more sophisticated techniques.

ME356 DID INDEED SUCCEED WITHOUT EVER USING CORONAL DISCHARGE.

Also, Bob Greenyer has not succeeded at producing significant excess heat NOT because Me356 was -- according to what you must believe -- lying to all of us about producing excess heat before using coronal discharge, but because his team barely does any testing. Me356 tests over and over again repeatedly. The MFMP may test once every couple of months -- if that. If the MFMP had the budget, staff, and manpower to test consistantly changing one variable at a time, they would have achieved great results.

Finally, what I mention above as information given by Me356, are backed up by his posts on this forum. He made quite a few of them and dropped several bits of guidance. If you think this is a lie, please feel free to challenge me!

Mr.SS....I'm not going to ban you- but I have deleted the first and last few lines of your post above since it came awfully close to making you bannable in terms of insults. Please don't do it again. Alan.

• Also, Bob Greenyer has not succeeded at producing significant excess heat NOT because Me356 was -- according to what you must believe -- lying to all of us about producing excess heat before using coronal discharge, but because his team barely does any testing. Me356 tests over and over again repeatedly. The MFMP may test once every couple of months -- if that. If the MFMP had the budget, staff, and manpower to test consistantly changing one variable at a time, they would have achieved great results.

Finally, what I mention above as information given by Me356, are backed up by his posts on this forum. He made quite a few of them and dropped several bits of guidance. If you think this is a lie, please feel free to challenge me!

I don't think most think me356 was lying--just sadly wrong. I think that he, like Parkhomov, is very skilled and innovative in many respects, just not careful or skeptical enough to make sure all artifacts were eliminated. No information he presented that was acted upon experimentally by others resulted in any apparent increase in excess heat (or excess heat that could safely be seen as above calibration). Brian Albiston worked very hard to try everything suggested by me356.

me356 specifically claimed to have made reactors with just nickel wire and hydrogen gas -- no corona discharge whatsoever -- with COPs of 2 to 3

Do you have some link to me356 claim? I known, Piantelli and Cellani did start with it, but I'm not aware of similar results with me356. After all, his claims are very difficult to document as he pulled them from the web already.

Secondly, me356 specifically claimed to have made reactors using nickel powder and LiAlH4 without any corona discharge whatsoever -- with even higher COPs.

This is just what I'm not already aware of it. Please link. It shouldn't be so difficult, if Me356 leaved plenty of comments at this forum.

Also, Bob Greenyer has not succeeded at producing significant excess heat NOT because Me356 was ... assumption, assumption... Me356 tests over and over again repeatedly.

Link, link. As the time from Me356 disappearance from the web increases, this forums seems to suffer with increasing amount of legends about his experiments.

My impression is, he was quite hopeless instead - until he didn't try the corona discharge. From this moment he disappeared from the web: a typical attitude of overunity researchers, once they finally get into something.

BTW Thanks Alan for cleaning of OT section of comments.

• My impression (which can be indeed wrong, but I'm not also presenting it here as a fact) the research of Ni-H system did already pass three stages:

1. The pure Ni+hydrogen (Piantelli from 1992, Cellani later). Piantelly soon realized, that the surface treatment of nickel is, what affects the COP the most and he finally got into his stabilized whisker technology, which was the moment, when Rossi borrowed this know-how via Focardi and when he did start his own experiments with cold ECat. Note that Piantelli already did use magnetic field and electrostatic impulse activations already, as well as Rossi did (without magnetic field, though).
    2. The Ni+hydrogen+lithium. IMO Piantelli was first, who patented it again. It opened the way for hot ECat experiments of Rossi, but I think, without whiskers and electromagnetic activation it has no meaning to attempt for their replication (dtto unsuccessful attempts of Parkomov, Me356, Greenyer). IMO no special treatment of nickel is important here, it just must get dried in hydrogen before mixing with LiAlH4.
    3. The Ni + hydrogen (and lithium?) corona discharge - this corresponds Quark-X of Rossi and Me356 later experiments. This is IMO most reliable way, how to run this fusion known so far. The complex cleaning of nickel or even preparation of whiskers has no good meaning here: the plasma has self-cleaning, self reducing effects, it also provides the micro-cracks and oversaturation with surface with atomic hydrogen dynamically with proton implantation again and again.

IMO if someone wants to replicate this stuff, he should also utilize all activations methods known so far (Li, AC+DC corona, magnetic field) at the same moment - or he could waste his time in months of futile attempts. Cellani was able to observe onset of nuclear reaction after weeks of heating of nickel wire in hydrogen/argon mixture and from practical perspective such a LENR has no meaning anyway.

• Cellani was able to observe onset of nuclear reaction after weeks of heating of nickel wire in hydrogen/argon mixture and from practical perspective such a LENR has no meaning anyway.

SKINR thoroughly trounced much hope that Celani's special nickel wire works.

See their very detailed investigation here (calorimetry sensitivity of <10mw).

Abstract

• Official Post

IMO if someone wants to replicate this stuff, he should also utilize all activations methods known so far (Li, AC+DC corona, magnetic field) at the same moment - or he could waste his time in months of futile attempts.

A bit drastic old chap, some of the elements you mention might be antagonistic to LENR. A bit like making soup with both the beef and the shrimps.

some of the elements you mention might be antagonistic to LENR

Which ones? Most of these activations methods weren't still applied with public replicators, together the less. Maybe some of them are redundant, but you should first have some system really working and doing the heat on demand - just after then you could alter it and simplify it. And lithium + corona is the most reliable LENR system known so far. Once you're short of resources (which IMO applies to every cold fusion replicator), you should start the research with combination, which is already known to work.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.