Important theory paper by Yuri Ratis

• Thanks to a link posted by new member "ele" in another thread, I found a potentially important paper, just published by Russian nuclear theorist Yuri Ratis.

I have taken the liberty of posting a rough English translation of the pdf, at https://goo.gl/Z3e5nZ

Among the startling conclusions:

5. Neutrons is a boson, ie, has a spin

13. The weak interaction can lead to a temporary neutralization of the charge of the proton,
    and thus catalyze nuclear reactions at low energies.

It's a lengthy paper, needing close study to understand in detail. Hopefully some of the more math-enabled readers here will find it interesting enough to comment further.

• Thanks to a link posted by new member "ele" in another thread, I found a potentially important paper, just published by Russian nuclear theorist Yuri Ratis.

I have taken the liberty of posting a rough English translation of the pdf, at https://goo.gl/o1JqPu

magicsound: All the formulas were destroyed by the automatic translation. May be you should try to traslate it with a different font-setup!

• Neutrons is a boson, ie, has a spin

Fermions have also spin, just half-integer one.

The weak interaction can lead to a temporary neutralization of the charge of the proton, and thus catalyze nuclear reactions at low energies.

Why not - but it doesn't explain, why the cold fusion isn't omnipresent. You cannot explain very special phenomena with mechanism, which could be applied to whatever atom nuclei possible.
    BTW cold fusion runs even with normal hydrogen, which lacks the neutron.

• Yuri Ratis Institue of energetics of special significance. Samara, Russia.: "Exotic electronic processes and exo-nuclear reactions" (in original Юрий Ратис "Экзотические электрослабые процессы и экзоядерные реакции")

Paper has been sent to the journal "Prikladnoi fizika i matematika" (Applied physics and mathematics)

Summary.

We have worked out the formalism for describing the electro-weak sub-atomic processes. Based on this formalism we show that an exo-atom "neutronic" is just an especially very narrow low lying resonance in
    the elastic scattering of electron-protons based on the weak interaction that lead to the converting of the initial state of proton=electron in a quasi-bound neutron-neutrino pair.
    Due to the very small breadth and amplitude this resonance cannot be observed
    in a direct experiment of e-p scattering.

• Zephir_AWT wrote "BTW cold fusion runs even with normal hydrogen"

Has that been demonstrated conclusively? I don't recall specific experimental evidence, and pure H without any D is not easy to find. Even "Light water" still has ~125 ppm of D2O. It's a very important issue.

• Actually the Ni-H system is typical by the fact, that only protium participates on nuclear reaction (Focardi 1994, Campari 2000). It's explained by the 62Ni nuclide, which can selectivelly absorb proton under formation of 63Cu. A small percentage (2% to 3%) of deuterium will quench the reaction.

This is known from the very beginning of cold fusion research. When Krivit asked Piantelli whether he had ever tried using deuterium instead of normal hydrogen, Piantelli answered: yes - but if you put the deuterium inside a hydrogen-based experiment, it stops the reaction instantly. Piantelli has said that, if he uses just normal hydrogen with very high purity, which may have a trace amount of deuterium, it works fine. But if he injects even just 2 percent or 3 percent of deuterium with respect to the hydrogen, it stops the experiment, kills it.

The UDH is either P(0), or D(0) and never DP(0)

Why not to add link to source? For me this fact is not interesting as such - but the method, in which Holmlid tested/deduced it.
    It's rather difficult to imagine, how some dense mixture of isotopes could immediately separate itself after femtosecond laser pulse.

• Zephir_AWT Thank you for the links you posted. I knew about Piantelli's comment, which was reported by Krivit but was not explicitly discussed in Piantelli's own documents AFAIK. Storms has the opposite opinion, that deuterium is key to the reaction, and has discussed it in some detail in his publications.

I am agnostic in this debate, but I do plan to test it in a future Glowstick experiment. I propose to add some LAD in the fuel mix, for 10:1 H/D ratio. If the deuterium is active in the reaction, I expect to see an increase in detected neutrons as a signal.

• Storms has the opposite opinion, that deuterium is key to the reaction, and has discussed it in some detail in his publications.

I think Ed Storms's position is a little more complex. He thinks that p + e- + p can form deuterium, that d + e- + d can form helium (after the 4H decays), and that p + e- + d can form tritium (the last reaction I'm less sure of).

• magicsound: All the formulas were destroyed by the automatic translation. May be you should try to traslate it with a different font-setup!

I have made another pass at the translation, with better results: https://goo.gl/Z3e5nZ

Most of the formulas, including the matrices, integrals and the Feynmann diagrams are now readable, though the pagination isn't perfect.

Conversion of pdf files with math embedded as images can be gnarly. Here's the process I found - seems to work pretty well:

* convert the source pdf to a .docx file using Acrobat Pro,

* send the word docx through onlinedoctranslator.com, which uses the google translate engine for formatted documents

* download and open the translated .docx in MS Word (with PDFPro10 installed)

* save the translated docx as a pdf using the PDFPro10 plug-in.

I think Ed Storms's position is a little more complex. He thinks that p + e- + p can form deuterium, that d + e- + d can form helium (after the 4H decays), and that p + e- + d can form tritium (the last reaction I'm less sure of).

The theory of Brillouion Energy Corp. also considers gradual uptake of neutron with protium - so that deuterium must be also capable of nuclear reactions. But I also have no reason not to believe Piantelli. Such a result would also

fit my model of LENR with long-dimensional collisions: the Astroblaster effect with rigid balls will not apparently work well, if some of balls will be composed of pair of another ones (deuterium = protium + neutron).

The neutron of deuterium will break the symmetry of collisions, so it would inhibit the fusion of protium.

mIFLnNJ.jpg

• Official Post

The harder problem for LENr theory is how to explains the release of energy by small quanta...

Does H4 disintegration by brillouin, or post fusion through astroblaster (is it for triggering only, or also for dissipation?) produce the usual MeV quanta (of photon, of kinetic energy) ?

small quanta assume that between transmuted and not-transmuted states, there are thousands of energy state.

I imagine this can only happen with thousands of quantum objects involved who interact ...

beside that, astroblaster, 4H, Qwave, cracks, vacancies, hydroton, and ponderomotive force, may participate to the mechanism...

some fast fusion behavior may even be observed if the objects are disentangled brutally like a cheating husband caught by his wife's attorney in a hotel.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

The harder problem for LENr theory is how to explains the release of energy by small quanta

It can be explained in both classical way, both quantum way. The long lines of colliding atom nuclei would redistribute and dissolve energy of cold fusion. The photons would propagate relatively slowly along such a dense material, so that the energy leveling effect will be even more pronounced. If for example one gamma ray photon will bounce the line of ten atom nuclei ten times back and forth like the standing wave within resonating rod, then its energy can be dissipated effectively between one hundred of atoms instead of just ten ones.

some fast fusion behavior may even be observed if the objects are disentangled

This would be cold fission not fusion...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.